A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Re: TFC Team News Squads Chit Chat Early Season 2018

Post by jimwinn »

Ha - think I've found my epitaph courtesy of DD

'It is sad to be SO bad at something you love!'

Anyway in the vain hope of actually replacing Ryan with someone half decent I found the 2017 Royal London Cup averages. Handy for ruling out a few who won't be playing 50 overs (probably)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/eng ... y/averages

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Ha...you are welcome,Jim!....Very,very helpful stats....The revamp of my teams must start soon...gulp..

Good spot re Sharma,Nabby...I wonder how significant this will be?

DD.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Handy if you own Ollie and Wiese DD

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Congratulations Nabby on your weekly win!

Don't think you must have had a full XI on the final day tho as it got down to double figures. I didn't expect to close the gap by 100 points especially with Sidebottom as captain.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Well done,Nabby...hard luck PM!

DD...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Good effort on the weekly well done Nabby. Well good news this week no weather issues at all, and its a bank holiday. So do we put Kohli in or not on paper looking at the grounds then it has to be no brainer, but he has not done particularly well in England, but think he might come good here. Beckingham Lords Oval Ageas Bowl Guildford and Scarborough ! What a fantastic bunch of grounds that is.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Thanks all.
@PM - I did have a full compliment - I actually had 13 transfers going into yesterday.
Problem is I starred Sidebottom and opted for an all seam attack - so left out Jeet and went for a Derby seamer - Viljoen :-(
So I pretty much got all the 50/50s wrong yesterday and tbh was expecting the worst.
Fortunately I had a good day last Monday and gave me some breathing space.
I think i'll reinvest the winnings into the elite leagues :)

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Well what a morning at Chelmsford, Yorkshire all out for 50. I didn't get my weekly in, as it crashed at 10.58. But I had Root gone for 0 and Porter Captain who only got 1 wicket out of the 10. The Yorkshire commentator nearly in tears.
Last edited by ooozzzie on 04 May 2018, 12:39, edited 2 times in total.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Trouble at mill in Chelmsford

I guess several weeklies will be down

1 wicket for Porter :roll:

But 5 for Ollie Robinson :D

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

I had Alistair Cook in my now non existent weekly team as well, gone for 0 Think I have saved myself a credit here.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

What a weird game in Essex! My teams are all over the place...a few wickets but can't get a run....some surgery probably needed tonight...or should I wait for the 50 over stuff to bed in?!😢😕

DD.

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Post by Black caviar »

jimwinn wrote: 03 May 2018, 08:43 Sorry - mixing up my Leaches :oops:

I'm on about Jack from Somerset - needs a run in the team imo. Think you need one spinner just in case

Not sure why Luke Wells isn't playing at a higher level - reliable opener, decent occasional spinner - hopefully getting promoted with Sussex this year will help

Luke Wood injury - https://www.trentbridge.co.uk/news/2018 ... njury.html
The wells is dry, in my opinion he is just a average county cricketer!
An average first class average.
I have been known, to be wrong,from time too time.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Delighted to see Tres get a ton today....Shame he isn't in my teams...used to be an automatic choice...I remember playing this game when he and Strauss were the emerging 'big guns!'

DD.....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Black caviar wrote: 04 May 2018, 17:13

I'm on about Jack from Somerset - needs a run in the team imo. Think you need one spinner just in case

Not sure why Luke Wells isn't playing at a higher level - reliable opener, decent occasional spinner - hopefully getting promoted with Sussex this year will help

Hmmm Yes its "time to time" :wink: Sorry but it had to be said in context with the sentence.

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Post by Black caviar »

ooozzzie wrote: 04 May 2018, 18:58

Hmmm Yes its "time to time" :wink: Sorry but it had to be said in context with the sentence.
Sorry English isn’t my first language. Manchester is and I haven’t many lumens. To, too ,two over my head. Have you entered any of the the elite leagues anybody? They are changing the last entry date, how can they do this? It states in their terms and conditions 11/05/ 2018. So under gambling regulations they can’t move the date as it would be very unfair to those who have entered already.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

It still says 11thmay for elite entry closing in terms and conditions; where have you seen it mentioned otherwise??

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

quizking wrote: 04 May 2018, 22:39 It still says 11thmay for elite entry closing in terms and conditions; where have you seen it mentioned otherwise??
That’s my point, I have printed off there terms and conditions for my own proof. If you go to enter either the £25 or fifty pound league. The date has changed to the 13th of July! Which is against all gambling laws, move the goal posts after the game has started! I have emailed them, to get it clarified, I am waiting for a response tomorrow. I have done this many time over prizes bats, cheques not coming. I wait to see what happens, but I will contact the gaming licensing board if rules are amended. It is not fair to those already entered if dates changed! I have only entered the ten pound league and that is full. This league complies with rules. The other two need to be closed by 11.59.59 Friday the 11/05/2018, or they have breach contract rules stated in their terms and conditions. I will keep the fiso lads posted to let you know the outcome, to aid you if you need to enter by said date. We will seen what tomorrow brings. Goog luck lads

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

I hadn't seen that, as had been waiting until next week to enter ... the "correct" date is still in terms, and on site, and on the telegraph fantasy sports pages, and there's no mention of a change on facetube or the twittersphere. Might just be a foul up, would hope so ...

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Nabby wrote: 04 May 2018, 08:35 Thanks all.
@PM - I did have a full compliment - I actually had 13 transfers going into yesterday.
Problem is I starred Sidebottom and opted for an all seam attack - so left out Jeet and went for a Derby seamer - Viljoen :-(
So I pretty much got all the 50/50s wrong yesterday and tbh was expecting the worst.
Fortunately I had a good day last Monday and gave me some breathing space.
I think i'll reinvest the winnings into the elite leagues :)
I felt picking a team for Thursday was a bit like painting by numbers.
Reinvesting is probably a good idea for you - go for it Nabby and good luck!

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Oh dear....in light of my earlier post...I gather that Tres broke a bone in his foot whilst on 95.....what a shame.....

DD....

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 05 May 2018, 05:59 Oh dear....in light of my earlier post...I gather that Tres broke a bone in his foot whilst on 95.....what a shame.....

DD....
So out for six to eight weeks? Don’t think he played much one day cricket last year,but can’t be bothered checking. Still waiting for a reply, but I will make sure I post their reply, when it arrives.
Below are the teams registered within your Private league. No further Private League entries will be accepted after Midnight on Thursday, July 13, 2018.
This is what it states on the fifty pound league and twenty five pound league,when I go to enter. :roll: I was trying to play CP30 on my time to time joke, love Star Wars. It was in the Empire strikes back film. When Luke & Han are missing. English is a struggle for northern folk! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

If you want to look at this innings you might mention Cook and Root ducks not to mention Stoneman's poor form. Keeping the same team that was rubbish in the Ashes is not the way forward - but I've been wrong once or twice too ☺

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

jimwinn wrote: 05 May 2018, 07:21

If you want to look at this innings you might mention Cook and Root ducks not to mention Stoneman's poor form. Keeping the same team that was rubbish in the Ashes is not the way forward - but I've been wrong once or twice too ☺
Yes agree Jim our stars are certainly not shining very brightly at the moment. There are not many England players that are what you can call
consistently excellent at the moment. So it is a great time to give others a chance, just not sure they will. Maybe 1 or 2 but not anymore than that. I want to
see Coad in now. He is for me the most consistent and in top form. Yes there are others, Ball of course. But it is batting that is more the problem and the only players with over 200 runs so far are Ackerman Burns Renshaw Madsen Amla Wessels Can't see any of them at Lords in a couple of weeks :lol:

Look at the IPL (Just so happens I did :lol: )
http://www.legb4cricket.com/2018/05/a-f ... ering.html A nightmare show from the English I am afraid. I know thats 20/20 and
completely different but it's a bit of warning sign never the less. The Indian youngsters on the other hand, but yes 20/20 so no need to worry is there. :shock:

Black caviar
FISOhead

Post by Black caviar »

jimwinn wrote: 05 May 2018, 07:21

I am so glad to be back this season, I love talking cricket in my opinion is the best game in the world! I believe also men we need changes, but who would you drop and bring in? I picked my team off what I believe the selectors are going to do. 18 teams in county cricket is the massive problem. Make it ten teams, very harsh I know but the standard would be massively raised! They don’t like chopping and changing which I totally agree with,because 70s,80s,90, was farcical. 4 captains in one series was joke. Hildreth Somerset should have been given a gig along time ago, don’t know why he hasn’t. It shows how week our county game is, when Darren Stevens can still run in bowl 72 mph and take loads of wickets.
The quickest I ever faced was a lad called Andrew Jones Australian. He was in the era of Bruce Reid, he was the quickest bowler in Australia at the time! He won a competition on a speed gun a 1000 bucks. He had no control at his fastest pace so only played a few games for NSW. The most scariest was Joel Garner 1991, he was pro in our league I opened the batting, I scored 12. I prefer those runs to any hundreds I scored. Played against Greg Campbell Aussie 5 test Ricky Ponting's uncle scored 35. He was at most 80/85 clicks. How I have wax lyrical and bored you all, here is my reply for the fantasy league.

Telegraph Fantasy Cricket County Challenge 2018
Ticket Number: 416
Category: Payment Enquiry

Dear Mr McNamara

The deadline to join an elite league is 11:59pm on Friday 11th May.

Ian

Swift and to or too I don’t know which I should use. My English teacher was a piss head smoker, stunk of weed and played in a band! wink got two D’s in my olevels!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Can't for 1 minute see how reducing county sides by that huge amount can make us stronger. It would be criminal not harsh.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

County cricket...which most of us love as the foundation of..well,everything..is constantly in a perilous state,due,not least,to the 'get rich quickly ' tactics of the ECB...

I totally agree with Ooozzie's comments on this matter....with knobs on....squared....

On a different matter...my teams started to score a few runs yesterday,due to Mullaney and Mitchell not failing... "Long may they run ". today... :)

DD...

Edgeways
Treebeard

Post by Edgeways »

DD

I hope Mullaney and Mitchell realise it's better to burn out than to fade away.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Edgeways...good to see a fellow Neil Young aficionado! :)

DD...

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Or Highlander ☺

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »