To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC 2018 is going ahead

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Re: TFC 2018 is going ahead

Post by bluelionman »

Fantasist wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 17:11 Just to clarify, there was a bargain 1 rated player in the original player list. TFC then amended it and he is nothing like that anymore - and probably isn't even a bargain at all now.

Thanks for sharing Fantasist - I kind of guessed that was the case....

10Eighty6 wrote: Did I mention that Alex Mellor...rated 1 is a top 10 wicket keeper pick.....ahead of current and former England players Billings, Bairstow, Foster, and...even....ahead of his own club mate and former England keeper Tim Ambrose.

Now you (10Eighty6) cause me to consider amending my team as I always like to skimp on the WK and original team I've entered I certainly have not....

10Eighty6 wrote: Can also do a team in your league, if you're happy with that :D

Sure thing 10Eighty6 - if I don't get FISO'ers I won't have any kind of Super League this year so everyone's welcome - please spread the word if you know anyone else that might also be interested - love to get actually get 10+ players this season and for once qualify for the free winners medals.

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

Fantasist wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 22:12 Yeah, and 3% have selected Mustard who doesn't even have a county...

Mellor was not the bargain seen on the original list.
OK, say no moore...

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Yup had to remove Jofra from all my teams too - it was a handy match preview

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

10Eighty6 wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 21:11
Jester wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 12:57 My secret weapon batter is rated 7....

Not so secret after all then!

DI Stevens top priced AR - really?! I can’t see him playing enough games to warrant that.
hmmm .... :shock: Mullany is a 7 :shock:

Not Mullany but similar in that he dabbles with bat and ball - I think he must have done much better last season than I realised. I lost interest around.... May in fact :| Seems he was more like last season's secret than this?! :lol:

Now, about Mellor - are you honestly tipping him or is it a wind-up?

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

get_on_my_cocker wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 10:40
Fantasist wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 22:12 Yeah, and 3% have selected Mustard who doesn't even have a county...

Mellor was not the bargain seen on the original list.
OK, say no moore...
Indeed. At first it looked like he would be one to keep, but I bailed out when I saw that rating change.

10Eighty6
Cheetah
FS Record: a long.long ..time ago...

Post by 10Eighty6 »

Jester wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 16:51

DI Stevens top priced AR - really?! I can’t see him playing enough games to warrant that.

Not Mullany but similar in that he dabbles with bat and ball - I think he must have done much better last season than I realised. I lost interest around.... May in fact :| Seems he was more like last season's secret than this?! :lol:

Stats seem to back up Mellor, and he was recalled last year from loan...Didn't Ambrose have vision problems a few years back :?: ..was Ambrose that got hit in the head by a delivery during the ashes no :?:

Will have to look closer for this so called 7 who's not Mullany now.... Jennings and Balance will be in and out of various England/Lions games and Ingram..well...So you can't really look past Mullany...top points scorer from the 7 rated batsmen...but for 1 more you can get Cook when playing and Amla obviously. Does Amla start the season for Hampshire? Could just use your 8 rated captain batter spot for Amla-Cook-Williamson :idea:

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

eurgh Im still on the fence :? :oops:
I want to play but at the same time is it worth it
Last year I had such a great start but then the one day cup killed my run plus a lack of coverage hampers me :(

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Go on ,Wizz...it's not the same without you! :)

DD..

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Yes, come on WOF - we're getting the band back together! 8-)

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

10Eighty6 wrote:
Jester wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 16:51

Stats seem to back up Mellor, and he was recalled last year from loan...Didn't Ambrose have vision problems a few years back :?: ..was Ambrose that got hit in the head by a delivery during the ashes no :?:
Ambrose was Warks wicket-keeper in last week’s pre-season game vs Durham MCCU. I doubt Mellor will get a look-in.

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

Does anyone here know if Liam Livingstone will playing all season for his county as I'm worried he will be picked for England this summer

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

owenclass wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 23:45 Does anyone here know if Liam Livingstone will playing all season for his county as I'm worried he will be picked for England this summer
This is another Cook and Vince problem. If he bats well early on, then he has a very good chance of being picked. If he bats crap early doors then he won't get
picked but you won't want him either. Its an impossible question mate. Nobody knows. But he is high on England's Radar, but that's 5 county championship games away. They have said they are looking closely at current form and so if Cook is poor and Livingstone is good then I think we have the answer.

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

I've been umming & ahhing about whether to play this year due to fantasy burn out, decided not to & instead concentrate on the t20. as much as I love playing it's such a long old season!

have fun guys :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”