To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC 2018 is going ahead

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Re: TFC 2018 is going ahead

Post by Jester »

My secret weapon batter is rated 7....

Not so secret after all then!

DI Stevens top priced AR - really?! I can’t see him playing enough games to warrant that.

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

quizking wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 12:24 Test page link with more info here - thankfully the prizes haven't gone down yet again, likewise cost hasn't gone up - though if this is just a c and p from last year, there's a risk of changes before official launch.

http://test-tcrk.gfm.co.uk/county/select-team
Looks like last year's game to me

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Jester wrote:
Maldini wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 10:01 Provisional player list now available.
https://i.fantasygames.telegraph.co.uk/ ... r-list.pdf
Thanks for posting the link. I kept getting an error message when trying to post it through Tapatalk.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

get_on_my_cocker wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 13:09
quizking wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 12:24 Test page link with more info here - thankfully the prizes haven't gone down yet again, likewise cost hasn't gone up - though if this is just a c and p from last year, there's a risk of changes before official launch.

http://test-tcrk.gfm.co.uk/county/select-team
Looks like last year's game to me
Indeed - just changed the colour scheme and dates by the looks of. Still, at least we know there is a definite game on, yay. Some comments on the facebook from tele towers suggesting that it is the same game, including elite leagues.

EDIT - test link now down again, so changes are being made today.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Congratulations to Telegraph on getting the game organised ahead of the Season. Makes a pleasant change to have confirmation 3 weeks in advance.
Would have been nice to see last seasons points tho.
Got my short lists drawn up now. :D
https://i.fantasygames.telegraph.co.uk/ ... r-list.pdf

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

The usual Fixtures Wall Chart is in the April Edition of The Cricketer out now £5.50 or from https://shop.thecricketer.com/current-issue.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Great news that this is back, a pleasant surprise.

I know they will probably make changes to the player list (values and possibly categories) but there's an absolute bargain at 1 in there at the moment :o

Regarding the magazine, I tried to pick one up earlier but it still had the March issue on the shelves. Checked the next issue 'on sale' date from within, and it says available from Friday 23rd March. The online website says on sale now, but it looks like they jumped the gun by a few days.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Great news all around! I looked at March's Cricketer in Waverley Station on Sunday and there didn't appear to be a promo for the essential wall chart in the next edition....Was getting a little concerned.... Had a look in another Edinburgh newsagent yesterday and they didn't have April in yet....

I have been following the chaos in NZ whilst doing other stuff...Glad that Somerset put up a reasonable rear guard....Dear Lord......

I have been following these many months of mediocrity far too closely and, I am ashamed to say,it has tainted my enthusiasm for the new domestic season..... this has never happened before....need to give myself a shake!

A few weeks of fun/stress ahead! :) ....That's just setting the teams up!

Good luck,all...

DD...

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Fantasist wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 22:12 I know they will probably make changes to the player list (values and possibly categories) but there's an absolute bargain at 1 in there at the moment :o
bigger if I can find him!

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I've seen him. Absolute steal.

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces

Ah, yes, now I see.... ;)

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

That's good. Massive, massive things are expected of L. Trevaskis this year, right?

Let's hope we are all talking about the same steal :o

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

I know it’s only provisional player list but still exciting! England’s uselessness hasn’t dampened my spirits. Ready for the season now, it’s been a long winter. Who is this 1rated superstar!? Brook, Moores, Wood, Rawlins. Don’t be fooled by the name Coughlin

mincer
Treebeard

Post by mincer »

Great to see TFC back :-) Time to start studying.......

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Seem to recall that "the real" Coughlin is knackered.... Bet the folk in Durham are having a bit of a chuckle...😉

DD...

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Should anyone be interested.... the new edition of The Cricketer with the fixture chart is out....Picked one up in Edinburgh yesterday.... What a headache! :) :wink: .

DD.....

Return of the Yak
Kevin and Perry

Post by Return of the Yak »

Jester wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 12:57 My secret weapon batter is rated 7....

Not so secret after all then!

DI Stevens top priced AR - really?! I can’t see him playing enough games to warrant that.
AR slot looks to be in decline this year as a whole.

Stevens - Ageing
Leach - Moving up to Div 1 should limit his potential; doesn't add much with the bat.
Patel - Also moving to Div 1, not many wickets last year either.
Moeen, Stokes & Woakes - All IPL/England bound.
Wagg - Doesn't play RLODC.
Clarke - Ageing
Bopara - Never done much with the ball and averaged 32 with bat.
Bresnan - Serious decline in both disciplines.
Likes of Dawson, Harmer, Berg all poor with the bat.

Seems like the only guy I like is actually Mitch Marsh. Jeez.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Almost live, updated details of prices and prizes;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/fantasy-spo ... challenge/

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

quizking wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 11:02 Almost live, updated details of prices and prizes;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/fantasy-spo ... challenge/
unfortunately almost dead might be more accurate?

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

I was looking forward to this until I saw the entry fee. Quite expensive this time round isn’t it?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

A fiver each or 10 teams for £25 is expensive?

Unfortunately, it's that attitide that killed fantasy golf and will eventually kill all fantasy games. :(

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

Maldini wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 16:23 A fiver each or 10 teams for £25 is expensive?

Unfortunately, it's that attitide that killed fantasy golf and will eventually kill all fantasy games. :(
agreed
Though it is actually £8 for one team it is still good value but that won't stop it putting many off. But so will the prize money dropping regularly, which creates a vicious circle. Telegraph announcing £15k prize money is totally misleading when most of that is in 'elite' leagues which by definition won't appeal to large numbers.
Make the most of this season before the bell tolls.

More worrying is the slow death of county cricket which is accelerating as more and more top players disappear from it and it is steadily pushed towards meaninglessness by the obsession with T20 and the inability of cricket authorities to rationalise.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

As always, great to see the game back. Not about the money anymore - think the Telegraph and regular players over last 3 or 4 years appreciate that.

What it is, is a fantastic, tactical, game for cricket fans to enjoy alongside the summer’s cricket season.

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces

Site's live

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

kingcurtley wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 18:09 As always, great to see the game back. Not about the money anymore - think the Telegraph and regular players over last 3 or 4 years appreciate that.

What it is, is a fantastic, tactical, game for cricket fans to enjoy alongside the summer’s cricket season.
I agree with this entirely. I can't be about for game start times, but do TFF for fun as it keeps me connected to the actual county cricket season. I accept we all have different motivations, and fair play to everyone who is good enough to challenge for prizes. My reason is just to enjoy it - bargain 1 rated players help on that too :D

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Can anyone spot Ross Taylor yet?

Is he LRPL Taylor?

Luteru Ross Poutoa Lote Taylor

Don't worry - just found this handy Google website : :oops:

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

And at last we're up and running, working on my own player ratings v the telegraph prices, % chance of playing, scoring etc. etc. But a few thoughts, seeing as the wine is flowing (but before it flows too much) ...

So pleased to see the game is back. Tactics, planning, value, form, schedule, weather, international call-ups, pitches - so many factors, despite personal relative lack of success in cricket fgames as opposed to football, I still look forward to this, yay.

£ entry fee is same as last year, and prizes are almost the same (top prize £3k same, overall total down by £1k, shaving bits off smaller leagues, but then most of the supposed 15k figure (down from 16k last term) is extra fees from the elite leagues anyway).

Lots of player names still incorrect, or listed for the wrong county, when last looked - but a facebook post from telegraph towers has said they are looking into this right now.

Might just be a copy and paste as has happened before, but there is mention at end of terms re the century leagues that winners get a free team entry to next year's game, which is a possible good sign.

Different opinions as mentioned above in this thread; some would be quite happy to pay and play for no prize at all/just for fun, fair enough. Others (myself included, as I run games and quizzes for a living, so could do with the money frankly) would not take part if prizes were lowered even further. Would guess that the game providers need as many players as possible for whatever reason ... so here's hoping that the rain holds off, sandpaper is kept for repairing bat edges and handles, and we all have an enjoyable season.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

FISO League set up and accepting entries!

Click here for heaven!

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

Maldini wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 16:23 A fiver each or 10 teams for £25 is expensive?

It’s an opinion mate, not an ‘attitude’

Fantasy games are alive and well for minimal outlay and free everywhere. Just because I’ve chosen not to play TFC I’m not killing fantasy games. Silly thing to say

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I'm pretty sure you're in the minority if you don't believe fantasy gaming is in terminal decline.

And deciding not to support/play games because they cost a few quid is definitely an attitude.

Attitude - a settled way of thinking or feeling about something ;)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”