To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC 2018 is going ahead

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Re: TFC 2018 is going ahead

Post by Sport Billy »

Maldini wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 11:36 I'm pretty sure you're in the minority if you don't believe fantasy gaming is in terminal decline.

And deciding not to support/play games because they cost a few quid is definitely an attitude.

Attitude - a settled way of thinking or feeling about something ;) - (you were close, some things, not everything. You just missed the space bar. Tiny mistake but crucial to your ‘attitude’)
You’re welcome to your well thought out and evidenced attitude

I’ll stick with my opinion and choose not to play one game. Whilst continuing to play and support many many others both paid and free. But not dare to post an opinion or anything else on this website again for fear of killing fantasy sports.

Ridiculous

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

Sport Billy wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 16:09 I was looking forward to this until I saw the entry fee. Quite expensive this time round isn’t it?
And incidentally, where in this did I say I wasn’t playing? I didn’t. Just raised an eyebrow at the entry fee, compared to previous years. Just my ‘attitude’ on it

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Yep...you've definitely got an attitude. Image

truman33
Treebeard

Post by truman33 »

Sport Billy wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 12:43
Sport Billy wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 16:09 I was looking forward to this until I saw the entry fee. Quite expensive this time round isn’t it?
And incidentally, where in this did I say I wasn’t playing? I didn’t. Just raised an eyebrow at the entry fee, compared to previous years. Just my ‘attitude’ on it
I also think it is expensive if you are buying just 1 team .. it`s great value if you are buying 10 teams ... but unfortunately £8 is a bit too much for a 15 year old to pay(my son that is .. not me)

Guess he must have an attitude as well :lol:

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

truman33 wrote:
Sport Billy wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 12:43
I also think it is expensive if you are buying just 1 team .. it`s great value if you are buying 10 teams ... but unfortunately £8 is a bit too much for a 15 year old to pay(my son that is .. not me)

Guess he must have an attitude as well Image
Not at all. He's a child.

Have you thought of the revolutionary idea of sharing 3/5/10 teams?

That said, if my father wouldn't stump up £8 for almost 6 months of entertainment, I wouldn't be overly impressed with him. ;)

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

I do tend to pay more attention to the cost of playing rather than prize money. Does seem a bit expensive especially with no early bird offer this year. Will still put my teams in though including one in the Fiso league. Looking at the popular picks I see Jofra Archer is most selected all rounder, is he not at the IPL though early season!? Any other picks that look appealing early season?

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Bluearmy16 wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 20:08 I do tend to pay more attention to the cost of playing rather than prize money. Does seem a bit expensive especially with no early bird offer this year. Will still put my teams in though including one in the Fiso league. Looking at the popular picks I see Jofra Archer is most selected all rounder, is he not at the IPL though early season!? Any other picks that look appealing early season?

Doesn't the most pick figure relate to last season - or has it been updated now?

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

I have always thought it is quite expensive, and no Early bird isn't great. It is obviously causing concern, because its being mentioned by converted long term players. I will buy 10 teams, had there been early bird I would have bought 20. I don't know why its not just £1 a team and get on with it. I think most would buy a tenners worth rather than 1 team at £8 which they might lose interest in after a couple of months......Didn't they bring in Early bird late last season, but still before the start and credited those that had already purchased?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Yes, checked last year's posts and the early bird offer was mentioned on telegraph facebook on march 29th last year, for teams bought before april 2nd. No mention this year as yet.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

It is an expensive game compared to fantasy football but as there are fewer players that makes sense as they won't want to make a loss

I went nuts and got the 10 teams for £25 - 5 for each competition

Not working full time so I'm okay keeping on top of things this year

Should make the top 10,000 easily ☺

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Drainage problems in the lower field - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43671762

(Could have pasted from last few years)

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Was hoping to go to Worcs Notts, probably still go to the alternative.

The Colonel has left Glos by mutual consent.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Probably a smaller ground so good for batsmen

So Roderick has no competition - good luck to the Colonel - surprised he's off already. Maybe he's lined up a new club

Taking ages to select my 5 teams - scouring the pre-season and next week's weather already. Yes - I have too much time on my hands :D

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Can't see where he is going to, perhaps a coaching role somewhere. All it say's in the statement is that he is looking forward to his next onfield challenge with great excitement. You might have thought it would say what it was.

As for the weather, well it do your head in, as it's very changeable. Lot of cloud around, showers, odd patches of sunshine. We have been lucky last couple of years in April, but this year it could be very frustrating for a while yet. It was bound to happen one year. Temperatures not really getting above 10 or 12 degrees, too cold for me! I expect there will be a lot of criticism about starting too early but last year April was great and late May was terrible. Can't win.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

I didn't think they were doing a game this year - that was the distinct impression I was given towards the end of last season. I'm useless and really sad there's no terrestrial TV coverage. I kind of rely on BBC Sport website for scorecards to see how I'm going. I never trouble the prize positions. Sadly I have run my own Super League annually but each year less and less take up - not qualified for the free medals for a few years now.

Anyway I took 3/4 days to decide if I was gonna go for it this year and few days ago decided hell if gonna do it gonna go all out and try my darndest to get 10 players in my private league - to qualify for the medals. If any of you fancy joining a money league that's not an elite league please feel free - full details posted publicly on another forum:

http://forum.thefanpub.com/t/telegraph- ... -2018/1377

I was hoping Telegraph would allow me to use them to collect entry fees / pay out prizes - but alas option was not presented to me when i set up S/L - strange as their knock-out stages only Champions League game was the first time I saw that and thought it worked well.

Now who's that 1 rated player you all refer to as a must have?

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Not quite sure this Hampshire deal with Amla is as long as first thought. It was supposed to be for 3 months, however now they have signed Dale Steyn for a one day match against Somerset and a CC game against Surrey. Now the Somerset game is June 6th! Surrey game after that. Then they are both off to Sri Lanka to play for South Africa. Now he may still be worth picking as long you know its only 5 Championship games. Reading between the lines, Amla is going back home for a bit of R&R before going on tour, and Steyn is taking his place as overseas player to get fit. Is Amla worth 5 games that is the question? (A few London cup as well)

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Interesting Amla news Ooooooooz - I've got the same dilemma about Vince

It's probably worth a go for 5 games unless it's the rainy season down south

There are a few games today - mostly up north

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/index.html

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

jimwinn wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 11:11 Interesting Amla news Ooooooooz - I've got the same dilemma about Vince

It's probably worth a go for 5 games unless it's the rainy season down south

There are a few games today - mostly up north

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/index.html
I was going to Fenners but can't see a wet outfield improving much in the current weather.
Maybe tomorrow, if there's any play at all today. I need a cricket fix!!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

1st test 20th May so Vince has 4 or 5 games and he needs to play in them all I would have thought and I think early season form could be the difference of getting picked and not getting picked. They have invested a lot in Vince and I expect they.want to pick him but if he is poor...then it's makes it difficult, but if he is poor you will want to transfer him anyway lol So its a no win situation for us. Cook the same.

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

bluelionman wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 08:10 I didn't think they were doing a game this year - that was the distinct impression I was given towards the end of last season. I'm useless and really sad there's no terrestrial TV coverage. I kind of rely on BBC Sport website for scorecards to see how I'm going. I never trouble the prize positions. Sadly I have run my own Super League annually but each year less and less take up - not qualified for the free medals for a few years now.

Anyway I took 3/4 days to decide if I was gonna go for it this year and few days ago decided hell if gonna do it gonna go all out and try my darndest to get 10 players in my private league - to qualify for the medals. If any of you fancy joining a money league that's not an elite league please feel free - full details posted publicly on another forum:

I was hoping Telegraph would allow me to use them to collect entry fees / pay out prizes - but alas option was not presented to me when i set up S/L - strange as their knock-out stages only Champions League game was the first time I saw that and thought it worked well.

I haven't got any 1 or even 2 rated players in my numerous teams. Not sure he exists TBH.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Just to clarify, there was a bargain 1 rated player in the original player list. TFC then amended it and he is nothing like that anymore - and probably isn't even a bargain at all now.

10Eighty6
Cheetah
FS Record: a long.long ..time ago...

Post by 10Eighty6 »

sichonsteve wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 12:58
bluelionman wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 08:10 ...

I haven't got any 1 or even 2 rated players in my numerous teams. Not sure he exists TBH.
B O O M .... I'm back from banishment....albeit under a slightly different user name ;-)

I spy with...through two ace of spades.....a player rated 1 or even 2...who will cane this season :D

10Eighty6
Cheetah

Post by 10Eighty6 »

bluelionman wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 08:10 I didn't think they were doing a game this year - that was the distinct impression I was given towards the end of last season. I'm useless and really sad there's no terrestrial TV coverage. I kind of rely on BBC Sport website for scorecards to see how I'm going. I never trouble the prize positions. Sadly I have run my own Super League annually but each year less and less take up - not qualified for the free medals for a few years now.

Can also do a team in your league, if you're happy with that :D

10Eighty6
Cheetah

Post by 10Eighty6 »

Jester wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 12:57 My secret weapon batter is rated 7....

Not so secret after all then!

DI Stevens top priced AR - really?! I can’t see him playing enough games to warrant that.
hmmm .... :shock: Mullany is a 7 :shock:

10Eighty6
Cheetah

Post by 10Eighty6 »

Fantasist wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 22:12 ...

an absolute bargain at 1 in there at the moment :o

Already selected by a few in the know.....and top 10 pick already......Alex Mellor, rated a 1.

10Eighty6
Cheetah

Post by 10Eighty6 »

Fantasist wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 17:11 Just to clarify, there was a bargain 1 rated player in the original player list. TFC then amended it and he is nothing like that anymore - and probably isn't even a bargain at all now.
Your're looking at the wrong bargain then....it's Alex Mellor...still rated 1....and already picked in the top 10. :D :D :D

10Eighty6
Cheetah

Post by 10Eighty6 »

Did I mention that Alex Mellor...rated 1 is a top 10 wicket keeper pick.....ahead of current and former England players Billings, Bairstow, Foster, and...even....ahead of his own club mate and former England keeper Tim Ambrose.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Yeah, and 3% have selected Mustard who doesn't even have a county...

Mellor was not the bargain seen on the original list.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

jimwinn wrote: 08 Apr 2018, 23:08 Bit early for a match preview - https://warwickshireccc.com/fixtures/fi ... ch-preview
Was hoping to go to this, but with forecast of 11 degrees cloudy with showers, I think I will watch racing from Aintree on TV instead. Not a very good preview is it,
only mentions 4 Sussex players His Key player Jofra Archer is playing for Rajasthan Royals until end of May. And my pet hate he/she has called Warwickshire The Bears.
:lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”