To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC T20 Blast 2017

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

TFC T20 Blast 2017

Post by Rick Spangle »

I've just been plotting out a fixture chart for the upcoming T20 games, and I've noticed that the timings of the games are really random. Games start at pretty much anytime between 2.30 and 7 pm (I'm guessing there aren't going to be transfers allowed between games on the same day, that would make it very complex) - and the very first day, when it would be ideal to see who's actually playing for all the teams, it all starts off with one lone game at Gloucester kicking off at 2.30 so there will be a lot of guesswork over team selection.
But it's not just the start times of the games, it's the daily schedule that's also a bit weird. In a short 14-game season, I find it very strange that one team (Kent) have a 5 for 0 run over another (Notts), and quite a few have 4 games while Notts don't play. There's bundles of 3-0's as well - it's definitely a competition where studying a fixture chart will prove very important.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: TFC T20 Blast 2017

Post by ooozzzie »

http://9nl.es/CricketFixtures

I will be rechecking the T20 fixtures in the next few days (as fixtures do change) and adding times as well, all well before the start.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Expensive batsmen this year - bigger bats, shorter boundries, white ball etc

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Noticed that the bun fight had popped up on the tele site!

Good luck to you all....seems pretty crazy.... more so than usual. I would have entered a couple of sides for a chuckle but now can't as very limited interwebby for three weeks from Thursday. I won't be able to follow at all....Thankfully the Tests will have started! :D

DD..

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Pundit links

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/news/1 ... redictions
Some T20 mentions

Please add any you find

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

Just a quick reminder that Travis Head is listed but won't be playing in the t20 blast due to being called up to the Australian A squad.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Very concise and informative Paul. Always like a punt (on Leicestershire) as they are the value bet :)

Finding it a bit tricky this year

Got five teams with 5 expensive batsmen and cheapies bowling. Probably needs looking at after more research / guessing

Do we have a league?

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

Andrew Tye is another one listed who's pulled out, this time due to injury

As for the game, it does seem like batsmen & keepers are slightly overpriced whereas bowlers offer decent value

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Cheers will remove Tye, thats a big loss. No League yet Jim but plenty of time.

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Jayawardene not coming to Lancashire now - it sounds like we're hopeful Buttler will be available for the whole tournament so won't be replacing him.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Is Alex Davies likely to open the batting this year do you think?

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

I would suspect he will, he'll almost certainly play because he's so influential in the field - we also don't really have any other out and openers if you discount Hameed. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he opened with Buttler but the team isn't short of power with Livingstone, Clark, Vilas and McLaren to a lesser degree.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Thanks wld, he looks like a banker for my team at a rating of 2 (if he opens). You don't think Brown will open with him?

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Fantasist wrote:Thanks wld, he looks like a banker for my team at a rating of 2 (if he opens). You don't think Brown will open with him?
I'd put Brown totally out of mind - funnily enough, I've just been chatting to a friend via DM on Twitter and he also reminded me!

Yes, Brown will at least start the tournament as if he doesn't there's no point him remaining at the club because he's way down the pecking order in the 4 day game. That far down I'd forgotten about him!

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Yeah, I can understand that train of thought. He did quite well in T20 last year from memory, but not going to be within a million miles of making my team either!

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Was jotting down a few possible players and completely missed Alex Davies, good value if he plays every game and at the top of the order. Have always been impressed with Karl Brown as a one day player, think he is a bit underrated. That said he isn't on my list of possibilities!!

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Yorkshire have completed the signing of Australia batsman Shaun Marsh as an overseas player for the T20 Blast.

Marsh, 33, will arrive in the UK on Sunday and could make his debut against Nottinghamshire on 7 July.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

FISO Super League now open for entries!

Linkety link

Return of the Yak
Kevin and Perry

Post by Return of the Yak »

Does anyone have any good sources for likely starting teams? Can't seem to find much chatter on the web at the moment.

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Bluearmy16 wrote:Was jotting down a few possible players and completely missed Alex Davies, good value if he plays every game and at the top of the order. Have always been impressed with Karl Brown as a one day player, think he is a bit underrated. That said he isn't on my list of possibilities!!
He wasn't on mine either, too prone to a slow 15 or 20 and getting out over the last couple of years. A very talented player but someohow never quite fulfilled his potential.

Having said that, we've had two friendlies so far this week and he hit a century in one of the games off 70 balls.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Usually the county web sites post a squad list the day before but they'll probably have their own previews to plug the fixtures

This site has a preview - http://deepextracover.com/category/natwest-t20-blast/

Ooooozie has a preview on his site - http://www.legb4cricket.com

Return of the Yak
Kevin and Perry

jimwinn wrote:Usually the county web sites post a squad list the day before but they'll probably have their own previews to plug the fixtures

This site has a preview - http://deepextracover.com/category/natwest-t20-blast/

Ooooozie has a preview on his site - http://www.legb4cricket.com
Thanks man.

I have a lot of David Willey in my drafts so would like hints as to if he'll open or Kohler-Cadmore will come in alongside Lyth with S.Marsh one drop and Willey way down the order. Rashid at 4 but an all-rounder, worth it?

Also Duckett to open? Could be any of Duckett, Rossington, Levi(still concussed?) or Rossington so picking the right one from Northants might be hard.

Crane, Amir & Tahir steals at 1, 3 & 4? With the lack of budget batters this year going with those three might not be a bad idea, gives a chance to scout cheap batters before moving the money around.

Also a lot of Ingram, Finch/Roy, Buttler/Livingstone also in drafts but these seem pretty safe.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Hmmm - give me a minute to polish the old crystal ball

Yorkies have been playing a warm up with Marsh, Willey and Rhodes in form - https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/5793 ... 20-warm-up

Not sure about Northants but the 24% ownership for Duckett suggests he will be tge pick. They could play both keepers though.

Agree with the cheapo bowler approach

It's a lottery really and bowlers struggle more often than not. As you know, the game is set up for batsmen

A good rule for me is to select mostly Aussies :shock:

Heresy but they have more experience of 20-20 back home and we get the best picks

Return of the Yak
Kevin and Perry

jimwinn wrote:Hmmm - give me a minute to polish the old crystal ball

Yorkies have been playing a warm up with Marsh, Willey and Rhodes in form - https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/5793 ... 20-warm-up

Not sure about Northants but the 24% ownership for Duckett suggests he will be tge pick. They could play both keepers though.

Agree with the cheapo bowler approach

It's a lottery really and bowlers struggle more often than not. As you know, the game is set up for batsmen

A good rule for me is to select mostly Aussies :shock:

Heresy but they have more experience of 20-20 back home and we get the best picks
Our T20 crystal balls are very similar.
Northants will play both keepers, Rossington opened last year, Duckett at 4. Should be the other way round this year.
Will Crane play with Afridi at Hampshire?

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

I'm a bit surprised by Mullaney's popularity unless people think he'll bat up the order this year? last year he was coming in at 6 or so & didn't face many balls... won't the order be something like: Hales, Wessels, Lumb, Taylor, Patel, Chrisitian, Mullaney?

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

getfunky wrote:I'm a bit surprised by Mullaney's popularity unless people think he'll bat up the order this year? last year he was coming in at 6 or so & didn't face many balls... won't the order be something like: Hales, Wessels, Lumb, Taylor, Patel, Chrisitian, Mullaney?
Agreed. :)

irtysh
Treebeard

Post by irtysh »

getfunky wrote:I'm a bit surprised by Mullaney's popularity unless people think he'll bat up the order this year? last year he was coming in at 6 or so & didn't face many balls... won't the order be something like: Hales, Wessels, Lumb, Taylor, Patel, Chrisitian, Mullaney?
Not a Notts expert but I think Taylor at 4 is unlikely. Looking at a few scorecards from last year he came in at 6 with Greg Smith at 3, although Hales was absent in those games (assume England or injury). I assume that one of Smith or Taylor would drop out for Hales and the other would be pushed down the order correspondingly.

Not that this affects Mullaney's position really, but I suppose with his recent form it is conceivable that he could bat up the order, perhaps instead of Lumb or above Christian if they save him as a finisher. I can understand the gamble of selecting him, especially since Notts have two early games so you can assess and jump ship early if it doesn't pan out.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Its a very fair point. also coupled with the fact that Notts play two games 1st and 2nd day of the competition which looks attractive, but then don't play until the 21st, making any Notts players to start with not that particularly great at all,....obviously then from the 21st they are red hot picks, with 5 games before the 30th, and by then we will know more about Mullaney.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”