A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Fantasy ICC Champions Trophy

Post by ooozzzie »

Your flying old chap. :lol:

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

ooozzzie wrote:Your flying old chap. :lol:
.....soon to enter my crash and burn phase, damn Birmingham weather :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Just found this and entered the league, thanks.

Missed the deadline yesterday, thought it was 10:30. :oops: Was going to delete my team till the game was voided. :lol:

Thought I was doing OK with Tamim and Root on Day 1. But apparently you had to (c) one of them to get anywhere. :?

Have gone big today with Amla(c), de Kock, de Villiers, Tahir, Chandimal and Mathews. Hopefully that gets me in the game once yesterday's points are deleted.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

The Catman wrote:
ooozzzie wrote:Your flying old chap. :lol:
.....soon to enter my crash and burn phase, damn Birmingham weather :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
But unlucky there Catman with the game getting null points, didn't effect me, my shower were hopeless again.

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Just found this and entered the league, thanks.

Missed the deadline yesterday, thought it was 10:30. :oops: Was going to delete my team till the game was voided. :lol:

Thought I was doing OK with Tamim and Root on Day 1. But apparently you had to (c) one of them to get anywhere. :?

Have gone big today with Amla(c), de Kock, de Villiers, Tahir, Chandimal and Mathews. Hopefully that gets me in the game once yesterday's points are deleted.
Matthews isn't playing I don't think. Injured

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Ah well. Shows how much I know about cricket. :roll: :lol:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Have to say I am not a fan of this picking by 10am and not 10.30am Glad I popped back to read this! Capt Matthews :shock:

And confirmed as out

superam
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: good

Post by superam »

Can someone explain why the points from yesterdays Aussie game are still in the table points totals when they should be zero for that match due to a no result?
I sent them an email on Thursday regarding a query i had with no responce, i'm not holding out much chance of getting a reply about this either.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

I doubt they answer any queries, there are 66,000 playing so even if 1% emailed them that would be over 600 emails. ICC Fantasy websites always have a fault, always, but eventually they correct it. Just hang on a bit. :)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

superam wrote:Can someone explain why the points from yesterdays Aussie game are still in the table points totals when they should be zero for that match due to a no result?
I sent them an email on Thursday regarding a query i had with no response, i'm not holding out much chance of getting a reply about this either.
They have been removed from points scored. The team totals which still include them should correct in the update after the current game as far as I know.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Selfishly I am hoping they keep the points from yesterday.

Can be argued either way :)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

The Catman wrote:Can be argued either way :)
Not really. The rules say no points awarded in a "no result" game.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Agreed, (but when I entered my team it also said one point for each dot ball bowled).

I don't think the rules are ambiguous, I meant there isn't really any specific reason in a short fantasy game why scores from incomplete matches shouldn't count. Looking at the weather for the next few days there could well be quite a few more no results - meaning that we could have the fantasy competition decided by a small number of players in a few games.

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

The Catman wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Agreed, (but when I entered my team it also said one point for each dot ball bowled).

I don't think the rules are ambiguous, I meant there isn't really any specific reason in a short fantasy game why scores from incomplete matches shouldn't count. Looking at the weather for the next few days there could well be quite a few more no results - meaning that we could have the fantasy competition decided by a small number of players in a few games.
I'd probably be ok with this if they changed the deadline time so we know who's batting first which is important in rain effected games, especially when picking a captian. there's no way I would've gone with smith yesterday.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

Says on the site that AUS v NZ points will be removed

:( :( :(

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

At the moment rain to hit Birmingham at 11.50. Earlier It looked like being only brief 20 mins or so, but now I am not so sure, now looking like longer, but hard to say for sure right now Looks like my garden is going to get a right soaking, clearly see thunderstorms. http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ Just to really cheer you up, forecast for Monday is terrible.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

ooozzzie wrote:At the moment rain to hit Birmingham at 11.50. Earlier It looked like being only brief 20 mins or so, but now I am not so sure, now looking like longer, but hard to say for sure right now Looks like my garden is going to get a right soaking, clearly see thunderstorms. http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ Just to really cheer you up, forecast for Monday is terrible.
According to BBC Weather today should be OK, maybe just with a couple of short breaks in play.

Tomorrow is a day/night game and the rain is expected later in the afternoon - if it had a normal start time it might be OK. But If things don't change Australia may get another one rained off. :roll: It may be a day to take a risk and make no transfers. :shock:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

RAIN STOP PLAY 11.15am Radar picture a lot lot worse, now very heavy rain at 1pm, torrential rain 1.45pm Clear 2.15pm Shower 3pm Might be terminal. Hopefully not if the pitch does not flood. :shock:

Edit
Improved a bit, still rain due, but not quite as heavy and much better chance of a result.

Forecast for Week
Monday Rain London by 4pm could be terminal
Tuesday Heavy Showers all over the place
Wednesday OK
Thursday Heavy Rain
Friday OK

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

ooozzzie wrote:RAIN STOP PLAY 11.15am Radar picture a lot lot worse, now very heavy rain at 1pm, torrential rain 1.45pm Clear 2.15pm Shower 3pm Might be terminal. Hopefully not if the pitch does not flood. :shock:

Edit
Improved a bit, still rain due, but not quite as heavy and much better chance of a result.

Forecast for Week
Monday Rain London by 4pm could be terminal
Tuesday Heavy Showers all over the place
Wednesday OK
Thursday Heavy Rain
Friday OK
Given that Monday's game is a d/n fixture that looks like Aus on 2pts :D :D :D

Looking at today's scores atm I could do with this one being a washout :oops:
(Deciding not to follow the masses and so avoid India today not working out too well)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

The Catman wrote:
ooozzzie wrote: Monday Rain London by 4pm could be terminal.
Given that Monday's game is a d/n fixture that looks like Aus on 2pts :D :D :D
I reckon I'll make no transfers and go in with Tamim(c), Mortaza and Cummins. Was only going to add Warner or Smith anyway.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

Wise Ruth_NZ, I am just bitter because I set my initial team up to include 4 Aussies for their first two games and I am going to get zero points

Grrrrrrr

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

They MIGHT get started but rain from 3pm I think, it is quite windy so the picture changes. I can't see them playing 20 overs each though. Just a guess but the rain is everywhere, just outside of London now.

Edit
Rain very patchy and improving in London area, but can't see them staying rain free all day, and it does at the moment look worse later. But if it continues to improve, you never know...........rain now as late as 6pm so...............

Edit
Touch and go this is.......rain now closing in, and it is most definitely terminal....20 overs required, not sure if they will make it or not. I hope not I got ZERO points :lol:
Radar shot at end of innings https://twitter.com/LegB4Cricket/status ... 9379319808

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I'm kind of OK either way now. Didn't make any transfers and went in light, only Cummins from Australia. But also had Tamim(c) so the damage should be limited if the game completes. Mortaza as well, hopefully he can pick up a wicket or two.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

4 Overs short!!! They are off, and I can't see them getting back on.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Repeated my punt on Buttler(c) today, apparently he has a good record at Cardiff or something.

Root, Buttler, Guptill and Boult my 4 players and 2 transfers used. NZ bowl first so I guess some early wickets for Boult would be ideal. :)

Edit: So far so good, just need a couple of catches from Jos now. Shame the other end couldn't manage a single in the last over, though, he could easily have added 10 more runs with the balls remaining. :(
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 06 Jun 2017, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Well I kept Rashid all week, thankfully that worked and also already had Ali, added Root and Captain Plunkett. Rest of team all play tomorrow.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

So, weather for Edgbaston?

It's a day/night game and the BBC predicts rain from around 18:00. Has to be a risk of another 'no result', right?

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Yes the 1.30pm start doesn't help thats for sure, but they might get away with it. Looking at this http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167
Its not like toooooo bad. The problem at the moment is that it is very windy, as windy as I have ever remembered in June anyway, so it does change quite a bit, so probably best to wait to make a forecast on this one.

I don't know where these 1.30 starts have come from, all the games were 10.30am a month ago, but 2 have changed. Would be ironic if they both fell to the weather because of it. Certainly the last one did. This one looks dodgy, but we will see.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Forgot to make my planned transfers before 10am this morning. Got confused by afternoon start yesterday. Grrrr.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”