To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC 2017

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
One Day
Wideboy

Re: TFC 2017

Post by One Day »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 20:40 Sorry Nabby...can't find anything about Norwell.....grr...

Trying to decide whether to do anything with my weeklies after a shocking day today.... Won't be enough left in the tank for the last week.. .

One thing is for sure....I won't be third anymore! :wink: :roll: :lol: :(

DD.....
Norwell injured himself on the boundary yesterday afternoon. Doubt we will see him again in this game. grr indeed.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Well what a terrible day :shock:

Sat in 7th and hoped that i could at least go into the last week within 500 of the lead.

Out of the super 8? so looks like a case of so close but so far.
All the best to Matt for the run in

Gary

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Yes Gary a strange day! I thought my mistake (for weekly) was assuming that Essex wouldn't follow on today!
Turns out it wasn't my mistake at all - it was a mistake on behalf of the Hampshire captain in enforcing the follow on.
Does that make me feel better - not really.

nbbbee10
Treebeard

Post by nbbbee10 »

I can't quite believe it I managed to win manager of the week, with my team 2 Ryan Sidebottom's.

I did have a little luck today, ended up with Steven Finn as captain even though I intended to and thought I had transferred the captaincy to Rikki Clarke and transferred in Groenewald instead of Craig Overton yesterday by acccident. Also thought having no coverage for matches at Headingley and Chester Le-Street would hurt, no coverage as forecast looked as it play in those matches would be limited today

Neither Warwickshire's nor Yorkshire's Ryan Sidebottom were in the team, although I have transfers left over to put that right

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Well played! I knew someone would've captained Finn! A deserved win!
I didn't fancy Msex at all and with TRJ having a sore lower back yesterday I fhought pressure would be off Lancs!
When I picked Finn before he has always let me down,

Got to try again with my remaining credits for next week.

met_matt
Wideboy
FS Record: 5th TFC 2005; 2nd TFC 2012; 1st TFC T20 2013; 1st TFC 2017

Post by met_matt »

Well played Neil. It was just disappointing that Ryan J Sidebottom got injured so he didn't get to play against his namesake this week.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

If anyone is interested I have just seen that the 2017 Wisden Cricketers almanac is £9.99 on Amazon - reduced from £50

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Nabby wrote: 19 Sep 2017, 19:14 I see Tom 'quack quack oops' Moores is in the Notts side.
Seems to me that Jennings and Jack Taylor need to switch roles...Jennings is a batsmen who seems more prolific as a bowler and Jack Taylor is certainly more potent as a batmen.
More importatly though...does anyone know what happened to Norwell today - did he pick up and injury? I dont think he bowled an over after lunch whilst Glammy piled up the runs.
:)

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Congrats from me too re the weekly... I went from third to oblivion following on from awful 'blind' picks on Monday night....In fact I possibly would have done better by not touching my first day sides at all!

Despite sitting on top of a pile of packing cases ,I managed to use my last four teams last night....however anticipate problems with being online at 10am on Monday.... hey,ho!

It is indeed a shame that the record books were denied the two Ryan Sidebottoms phenomenon... I hope that the real RS is able to play in his final game next week,even if it means Coad is...ehh...'rested' again...

An awful lot of my bowlers have either hit the doldrums or simply haven't played this week,although their counties did..Added to rubbish batsmen....bar Sanga and the odd little cameo...Remarkable scores in the Hamps/Essex game....Also ,in a sport that doesn't generate that much income, I dread to think how much it must have cost to have the Kent entourage hang around for four nights.... without a ball being bowled..... hmm

Anyway ,good luck to you regulars in the last week....gulp..

I must say how much I am missing Ooozzzie's excellent weather forecasts... I know he is elsewhere at present and hopefully rain isn't stopping play... . :) :wink:

DD....

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Interesting to read that Derbyshire are in future only going to use Chesterfield in June,July and August..... Rather obvious, I would have thought....hmmm

I wonder what weather chaos we will have next week?....I really don't want to see Somerset relegated..... tricky.... :?

DD...

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

good to see most of the major point scoring players are playing this week...apart from Norwell who is injured. Should mean no hard luck stories for the TFC title.
Good luck to the 2 Matts.
Just looking through the summary of my team in 7th and notice I had 2 players whose total point contribution for the season was -/ve :shock: :oops:

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

So Jennings follows Coughlin out of the door & is joining Lancs.

You've got to feel for Durham. The penalty itself was harsh enough but it's had such a knock on effect that it could take them a very long time to recover from this. That's half their team from last season gone in a year.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Abbott and Kleinveldt both seem to have gone off injured in the first few overs.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Seems particularly quiet on here. Last day of the season, which is always a sad day. Good luck to all those with something to play for today.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

I'm still hoping a good day can get me up to 5th overall and the last of the money slots :-)
Strong finish from that team - it is actually 25th for the week using only 1 transfer :shock:
I will try and analyse that team at some point but I think when I look back i'll find I latched on to Porter too late and stubborness in ignoring colly (I never owned him at any point) will have cost me dear.
biggest gains for me - Ingram scored me 2210 points for the 8 weeks I held him and Harmer scored just over 2300 for me - I brought him in week 10. The only other player who scored over 2000 for me was Archer who I had pretty much throughout.
Biggest disappointments - I had 2 -/ve contributors - Roussow came in for 3 weeks ( :oops: ) and went quack with unerring regularity, in the end contributing -10 to my overall score and then Jack leach came in at the wrong time and contributed -27 :( before I got rid. The one who perhaps caused most damage...Tahir. I wasted 4 transfers messing around bringing him in, out, in out...and he contributed a total of 193 points. Finally he went and Porter came in who then scored more in his first game for me than Tahir had done throughout those 4 transfers. I just have a soft spot for certain players and hoped he would do something similar to what Harmer was doing. I hope i'll learn from that but probably not :-)
Anyway...good luck to those in with a shot at something.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Still here! Rain's been a bit annoying this month - recent Septembers have been great.

Two teams around the 50 mark - one in with a shot of some elite league money. Still somehow have 1 transfer and 1 captain change to go in this team.... who to go for!

This team started as:

Stoneman, Wessels, Roussow, Rudolph, ADavies, Stevens, Bopara, Klienveldt, McKay, Wheal and Carey.

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

Going into the last day fractionally ahead in my money league, the last thing I want is my wicketkeeper serving up some full tosses in a contrived finish to the Glo v. Der game :(

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

For the first time ever, I went into the final day with something to play for, second in the weekly. Gloucestershire's declaration has made me very irritated.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Yes...irritating start to the day...Bess was my last throw of the dice this week...last transfer from Norwell but could not afford Leach. Forgot VdM was also in the side and nicking valuable wickets :-(
Also making Ashwin my captain for the final day I could have done with an early wicket at Worcester and him scoring a few runs. Hopefully he will take a few wickets.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Well...where to start? With awful timing ,I have had no proper WiFi since the weekend. Having moved back into our home on Sunday ,the wifi etc has just been installed this morning......

Good luck to anyone in with a chance of anything.... I had four in this week but couldn't manage beyond last Friday....

Delighted that Somerset have stayed up but it seems ridiculous if Middlesex go down because of the points docked due to the 'crossbow bolt' incident at Surrey...

My season longs have ground to a halt....couldn't transfer out a clutter of Norwells and some T KCs...Badly stung by Notts batting out yesterday.. Cpn Archer didn't get to shine....With the Essex and the Kent games finishing early I hardly had any players to follow today!

A bit of drama yet to be had this afternoon!

DD......

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Nabby wrote: 28 Sep 2017, 11:54 Yes...irritating start to the day...Bess was my last throw of the dice this week...last transfer from Norwell but could not afford Leach. Forgot VdM was also in the side and nicking valuable wickets :-(
Also making Ashwin my captain for the final day I could have done with an early wicket at Worcester and him scoring a few runs. Hopefully he will take a few wickets.
Is a 5-fer good enough?

met_matt
Wideboy

Post by met_matt »

Well played Nabby, that's a really strong finish.
I also made Ashwin captain today, as I had 1 spare transfer to bring him in - came good in the end :D
My team which was 1st going into today has:
Sangakkara, Mullaney, Wells, Eskinazi, A Davies, Harmer, Ashwin (c), Archer, Overton, Bess, Porter.
I think that's 367 for today which hopefully should be enough to stay top.

LondonFife
Treebeard

Post by LondonFife »

Was 2nd in the overall going into today, but fear a poor last day could see me down to 5th or 6th.

Congrats to Mr Perry for a late surge to secure the title. In the end was undone by too many injuries and the Kent - Derby fiasco!

Fingers crossed we're al back next year as its been great fun (apart from the sweating over actually having a chance of winning some money this year - goodness knows how the best of the multi-multi a keep across their teams in the top 100. I've found my one absolutely exhausting!)

Toffeeman
FISOhead

Post by Toffeeman »

Well played you 3 and especially Matt, congratulations. 9th before today and will hopefully hang on for a top 10 finish with 3 of my 5 in the top 100.
Finishing team was - wells, trott :shock: , madsen, collingwood,stevens, leach, porter, norwell, archer & coad.
Interestingly never had mullaney, mitchell or Sanga at any point. Just shows you !

Toffeeman
FISOhead

Post by Toffeeman »

Missed davies (w)

met_matt
Wideboy

Post by met_matt »

Looking at the final county championship tables, only 2 points separate 4th to 7th in Div 1. Happy that my local team Somerset stay up though.
In Div 2, Northants were unlucky not to go up with 9 wins. Points deductions having quite an impact in both cases.

Toffeeman
FISOhead

Post by Toffeeman »

Scores up

met_matt
Wideboy

Post by met_matt »

Talking of being tight between 4th and 7th... hard luck Nabby.
But congrats to Andrew, Philip, Gary and all those finishing in the top 10, its been a lot of fun, as well as being a lot of effort over the long season.
I'm really happy to win TFC for the 1st time having played the game for many years and come close a couple of times previously :D

MCHamer
Kevin and Perry

Post by MCHamer »

Well done Matt!

You finished incredibly strongly. I was hanging on without any transfers for the last 3 weeks, very lucky to finish 2nd.

Ended up with: mullaney, mitchell, colly, wells, a davies, leach, stevens, abbott(c), barker, archer, robinson.

The lack of Norwell and Porter was painful.

LondonFife
Treebeard

Post by LondonFife »

Very well played the two Matts. I genuinely said in the office when Abbott got those 6 late runs "that could cost me". 250 pounds worth!

But despite that blow it really is a great game and I hope so much it comes back next year. Such a lot of fun and all around some proper sporting endeavour.

Right - when are the fixtures out for next year!?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”