To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New Cricket Chit Chat to end of season with new rules

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Re: New Cricket Chit Chat to end of season with new rules

Post by kingcurtley »

ooozzzie wrote: MrsB is him as well by the way.
This was pretty obvious i thought. No idea about EmmaI and not really bothered.

Roll on Saturday's round of games (and the mighty Steelbacks tonight of course)

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

futabudgi wrote:I'm sure you agree Ozzie, it's all very bizaare behaviour so it's not a case of the 'penny dropping' but trying to piece together the story.

Bear in mind, EmmaI, first wrote this post on April 19th
"Re: FISO TFC Super League 2016
Hi everyone. First time playing this and have not got off to a good start. Wish I had found this forum earlier. Can I still put my (low scoring) team into your league?"

There is an EmmaI in the league so if this is Nicky then they are in the Fiso league and presumably joined so they can see the points of other players? Again, a lot of hard work considering the difficulty of telling which players scored which points and not knowing how many transfers people have left.

I know you think I'm hard work and slow on the uptake but trying to get the bottom of it. Also if he's trying to create disharmony then it's strange timing because Matt Hamer, Darren Taylor and myself are currently at the top and don't post very much - especially the off-topic stuff. The plot thickens.
Sorry, this is doing my head in I wont deny, but it won't for much longer.

Charlotte Johns £50 League Top
Nicky Johns £50 League 2nd
Charlotte Johns £25 League 4th
Nicky Johns £10 League Top

Yes the plot does thicken. I am worried that he holds more than 3 accounts on this forum.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I'd say

Banana
Mrs Banana
Ducks Deluxe

And now Emmal are all him.

Like you, I doubt he has a wife and find it all bit creepy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

I've seen this sort of thing on a few forums & it's fascinating how one character/personality (or multiple) can manipulate the dynamics of a forum/community.

I can see why others might be suspicious, particularly with banana & DD sounding like the same person whilst also being the only ones looking to keep the issue with 'emma' going.

It does all make sense but if there's one thing I've learnt is that if you think long & hard enough about something your train of thought can easily lead you to the wrong destination. Maybe banana's posts about being emma was just tongue & cheek?

One thing's for sure is that this place is nothing like what it resembled a week ago

futabudgi
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Winner of 2015 Telegraph Fantasy Cricket

Post by futabudgi »

It's fascinating and in a weird kind of way, fair play to him if he does win using one of his several aliases. It's no different to the multi multis but with extra trouble setting up lots of names (and addresses?)

I think you might be right about DD as well Steve. Seems obvious looking back on it.

The only time I recall where he was really pushing for strategy was when somebody, I think it was you Ozzie (correct me if I'm wrong), said something about not using transfers on quiet gameweeks and he asked several times as to why this was your strategy.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Nothing he has done isn't in itself wrong, but we are being played by a person who has multiple FISO accounts and is just trying to win by using any slight advantage
we might not see it as an advantage (I don't really) but HE does. While he is sitting in first place in those leagues I have listed he is going to think his work has
been well good.

I am going to leave, no doubt about that, but I ain't going quite yet, need to sort this out first. Won't be long.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

futabudgi wrote:It's fascinating and in a weird kind of way, fair play to him if he does win using one of his several aliases. It's no different to the multi multis but with extra trouble setting up lots of names (and addresses?)

I think you might be right about DD as well Steve. Seems obvious looking back on it.

The only time I recall where he was really pushing for strategy was when somebody, I think it was you Ozzie (correct me if I'm wrong), said something about not using transfers on quiet gameweeks and he asked several times as to why this was your strategy.
Yes I remember it well, and that was just part of his creating confusion tactic. now again we not agree that it was any good, but he did it all the same.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Well from being a "lurker" and visiting the forum every few weeks or so to joining Fiso and looking at threads regularly (and very occasionally posting) I really didn't realise what I was getting involved in. I suppose with the (relatively) big bucks available the attempting to gain any advantage by any means may be taken by the more "serious" player. Really not too sure what the advantage is though - just causing chaos does not in itself effect judgements on players or strategy. Probably more advantageous to give wrong team news in the hope that others will not check the Twitter feeds themselves rather than create a 2nd 3rd and 4th identity ( assuming this is true ) which does very little to affect what others may do. The only other forum I look at is " up the Clarets" for my sins I am a Burnley fan but still a "lurker on there. Their forum is full of vitriol and abuse on many threads with people seemingly having long standing enemies. For awhile it felt that the cricket forum was somewhat gentler. I think it probably still is but in the last couple of weeks it has certainly changed.

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

Jezza3 wrote:Well from being a "lurker" and visiting the forum every few weeks or so to joining Fiso and looking at threads regularly (and very occasionally posting) I really didn't realise what I was getting involved in. I suppose with the (relatively) big bucks available the attempting to gain any advantage by any means may be taken by the more "serious" player. Really not too sure what the advantage is though - just causing chaos does not in itself effect judgements on players or strategy. Probably more advantageous to give wrong team news in the hope that others will not check the Twitter feeds themselves rather than create a 2nd 3rd and 4th identity ( assuming this is true ) which does very little to affect what others may do. The only other forum I look at is " up the Clarets" for my sins I am a Burnley fan but still a "lurker on there. Their forum is full of vitriol and abuse on many threads with people seemingly having long standing enemies. For awhile it felt that the cricket forum was somewhat gentler. I think it probably still is but in the last couple of weeks it has certainly changed.

I wouldn't mind betting that Norwich City are one of your favourite football teams at the moment!!

I assume that you are a Lancashire CC supporter?

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

sichonsteve wrote:I wouldn't mind betting that Norwich City are one of your favourite football teams at the moment!!

I assume that you are a Lancashire CC supporter?
No Worcestershire . Used to go regularly as a kid in the Graveney/Dolivera era (brought up in Malvern) but not been for years. Very occasionally go to Headingly these days.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Not used to posting on forums so not sure how the quoting another poster works. Clicked on the speech marks and deleted what I didn't want to quote but does not seem to have worked properly .

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Jezza3 wrote:Not used to posting on forums so not sure how the quoting another poster works. Clicked on the speech marks and deleted what I didn't want to quote but does not seem to have worked properly .
Quote this and you'll see how the html tags work

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Vid wrote:
Jezza3 wrote:Not used to posting on forums so not sure how the quoting another poster works. Clicked on the speech marks and deleted what I didn't want to quote but does not seem to have worked properly .
Quote this and you'll see how the html tags work
Thanks

EmmaI
Kevin and Perry

Post by EmmaI »

Obviously this is riveting stuff for some of you. I've given up reading and will watch the Olympics. I watched many replays of the synchronized diving last night. My boyfriend was not amused as he wanted to watch university challenge.

Oh, although I've been mistaken many times for 2 different air attendants, I am myself, I am unique. Simply not anyone else. Very shocked that others claim to be me.

futabudgi
Red & Blue Braces

Post by futabudgi »

Moving swiftly on...

Who do we fancy for the Championship this year and who are we backing for that single promotion spot (and subsequent relegation back to Division 2 next season)?

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

futabudgi wrote:Moving swiftly on...

Who do we fancy for the Championship this year and who are we backing for that single promotion spot (and subsequent relegation back to Division 2 next season)?

I'm backing Kent for promotion of course! Could have done without Essex losing last night really, as it was a good distraction from the league....

It's tight mind, will go to the wire - especially as the last game is Kent v Essex!

futabudgi
Red & Blue Braces

Post by futabudgi »

Jester wrote:

I'm backing Kent for promotion of course! Could have done without Essex losing last night really, as it was a good distraction from the league....

It's tight mind, will go to the wire - especially as the last game is Kent v Essex!
As a fellow supporter, I'd love to see that. Especially as we have a decent spinner and the other teams up there don't.

I fancy Yorkshire to overpower the rest in Division One, even though their Head has gone and been replaced by Lehmann's son as some kind of consolation prize.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

If Jake is half the player that Boof was for us, he'll do me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

Jester wrote:

what on earth have I just read walking in from work :shock: :shock: :shock:

Essex are in prime position but really hope Kent can make the jump back up... been too long, think that should be the priority but a one day win would be nice

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

It will take some end of season for someone to beat Yorkshire i reckon. A lot of admiration for Jason Gillespie. Be good if it goes to the wire though, always makes a fun last week to follow.

Essex to go up too.

Top night for Northants. Make it look so easy sometimes. Performances like that and maybe they'll keep hold of some talent for next year. Not sure i can make finals day this year though which is a shame.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Finals Day is sold out already I think?
Might sell my ticket for the right price.......?!! lol

No chance - my favourite weekend of the year, and MrsJ's.... She stays at home!!! :|

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

I think it is, but you can normally get some through the club once qualified.

I had it my head it was the bank holiday Saturday as it was last year. Busy on the 20th now. I guess holding it on August 20th will allow the likes of Hales to play, break between Tests and ODIs...

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

kingcurtley wrote:I think it is, but you can normally get some through the club once qualified.

I had it my head it was the bank holiday Saturday as it was last year. Busy on the 20th now. I guess holding it on August 20th will allow the likes of Hales to play, break between Tests and ODIs...
Hooray!! We are all discussing cricket again - what this forum is all about.

I am an Essex supporter so no prizes for guessing who I want to top the pile. Kent probably are the danger team but they have played one more game than Essex and Gloucester are only 19 pts behind having played a game less. Leicester (who couldn't win a game to save their lives for nearly 2 seasons not that long ago) are also unbelievably in the mix, so it should be an exciting finale.
Division 1 is also hotly contested and Yorkshire must be considered favourites again to retain the championship.

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

sichonsteve wrote:
kingcurtley wrote:I think it is, but you can normally get some through the club once qualified.

Hooray!! We are all discussing cricket again - what this forum is all about.

I am an Essex supporter so no prizes for guessing who I want to top the pile. Kent probably are the danger team but they have played one more game than Essex and Gloucester are only 19 pts behind having played a game less. Leicester (who couldn't win a game to save their lives for nearly 2 seasons not that long ago) are also unbelievably in the mix, so it should be an exciting finale.
Division 1 is also hotly contested and Yorkshire must be considered favourites again to retain the championship.
Just received a PM from DD in which he reveals his devastation at being suspected of being one of that rat's hidden identities. I actually believe him on this and think that everyone should accept him as being plain old DD. He feels betrayed by his (former) friend and is worried that he will be marginalised. Well, having made the original accusations/connections that they are the one and same poster I now wish to retract my believes of that being the case and welcome him back into the fray with open arms!! I hope that everyone else does so as he doesn't deserve to be punished by someone else's devious actions designed to create disharmony among(st) genuine posters and fellow cricket fans.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

Ah, of course.
It is usually on the first weekend of the new TFF season (you know what I mean, EPL!), so really pleased it's not this year - gets right in the way of last minute tinkers and sorting out late Tenner entries!

There are still places available in that league by the way..... :)
Apologies - entry is down and I'm using any tactic open to me to boost numbers :oops:

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

Hi SS - I feel most just want the forum to move on with a predominantly county cricket focus for now.

Personally, I’m fine with everything chat wise (so no beef with DD, banana or whoever) save if it’s do with any personal insults which have no benefit but things can get posted in the heat of the moment, that’s life – people want to play TFC, people want to win money, people want to chat cricket, and people just want to read the thread.

Is it Saturday yet?

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

No problems here either. It's time to move on.

I also hope oozzzie doesn't leave, that would be a shame.

futabudgi
Red & Blue Braces

Post by futabudgi »

I didn't want to say any more on this matter as it's already been given far too much air time and was going to keep it to PMs. The reason why certain individuals and probably FISO moderators are peeved (to put it mildly) has gone beyond the off-topic chat and insults but into a world of brute dishonesty.

My personal stance will be to ignore any correspondence from Banana, DD or EmmaI. It's no surprise that DD is denying all links because EmmaI did exactly the same thing yesterday and was smartly ignored by everybody. The writing styles and 'humour' are freakishly similar and it doesn't take a detailed analysis to see that these three accounts have been the cause of a vast majority of the arguments and insults but also the sycophantic cheerleading and applauding of each other's work.

If somebody is devastated about feeling unpopular on a fantasy cricket forum then they are probably better off getting some other hobbies anyway.

Agree with all the above about focusing on county cricket and TFC. Good luck to all the contenders in the overall leaderboards, Fiso leagues, Super8s, elite leagues and weeklies. I think we can all agree that an even greater effort to finish as high as we can in all competitions is the best remedy for taking away this sour aftertaste.

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

futabudgi wrote:I didn't want to say any more on this matter as it's already been given far too much air time and was going to keep it to PMs. The reason why certain individuals and probably FISO moderators are peeved (to put it mildly) has gone beyond the off-topic chat and insults but into a world of brute dishonesty.

My personal stance will be to ignore any correspondence from Banana, DD or EmmaI. It's no surprise that DD is denying all links because EmmaI did exactly the same thing yesterday and was smartly ignored by everybody. The writing styles and 'humour' are freakishly similar and it doesn't take a detailed analysis to see that these three accounts have been the cause of a vast majority of the arguments and insults but also the sycophantic cheerleading and applauding of each other's work.

If somebody is devastated about feeling unpopular on a fantasy cricket forum then they are probably better off getting some other hobbies anyway.

Agree with all the above about focusing on county cricket and TFC. Good luck to all the contenders in the overall leaderboards, Fiso leagues, Super8s, elite leagues and weeklies. I think we can all agree that an even greater effort to finish as high as we can in all competitions is the best remedy for taking away this sour aftertaste.
Yes indeed, time to move on to better things, purely cricket related things.

hazzab
Treebeard
FS Record: Overall Champion of Cricinfo County Championship comp in 2009: a long time ago now!

Post by hazzab »

a) I've just spent nearly an hour catching up on the posts from the past few days. That's an hour I'll never get back. I tried to explain to my young sons what it was all about. They looked genuinely disturbed by what adult life will hold.

b) I miss 1081 and Richard Roma and Bramernic.

c) I am Spartacus.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”