To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New Cricket Chit Chat to end of season with new rules

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
futabudgi
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Winner of 2015 Telegraph Fantasy Cricket

Re: New Cricket Chit Chat to end of season with new rules

Post by futabudgi »

Ha ha there goes my plan for a dramatic finish then!

BILLO
Kevin and Perry

Post by BILLO »

futabudgi wrote:Ha ha there goes my plan for a dramatic finish then!
To be honest his a far better player than me, if anyone deserves to win it's Taylor.

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

BILLO wrote:
futabudgi wrote:
mincer wrote:Thanks for the support Futabudgi. I suspect the top spot is beyond my team now. Everyone will probably have similar players.

Hoping to hang on to 3rd and maybe sneek 2nd.

Best of luck to all those FISO'ers who have a chance of an overall or Elite league win/place prize.
You're probably right Darren and you may know more than me by studying points and noticing there's not been much difference between yours and the top two. I might be trying to make a dramatic finish where there isn't one but I still think there's a chance.

I'm pretty sure I was a couple of hundred points back going into the final fixture last year and ended up a few hundred in front. I reckon there's more differentials this year and at this stage, probably the only dead certs across all contenders are Bopara, Patel and Bresnan.

The most likely outcome is your positions stay the same, he could finish 800 ahead or you could close the gap on both teams above. Maybe you have a Lyth where he has Jennings or he has Duckett and you have A.N Other, or Brooks instead of Coles. It just takes a lucky combo of failing players and a brave captain choice (if that option is available) and the few hundred point lead disintegrates quicker than Glamorgan's top order would on a turner at Taunton.
Taylor knows my team and login details so not to much investigation is required!

......and just how does he know these? confused!!

BILLO
Kevin and Perry

Post by BILLO »

sichonsteve wrote:
BILLO wrote:
futabudgi wrote:
mincer wrote:Thanks for the support Futabudgi. I suspect the top spot is beyond my team now. Everyone will probably have similar players.

Hoping to hang on to 3rd and maybe sneek 2nd.

Best of luck to all those FISO'ers who have a chance of an overall or Elite league win/place prize.
You're probably right Darren and you may know more than me by studying points and noticing there's not been much difference between yours and the top two. I might be trying to make a dramatic finish where there isn't one but I still think there's a chance.

I'm pretty sure I was a couple of hundred points back going into the final fixture last year and ended up a few hundred in front. I reckon there's more differentials this year and at this stage, probably the only dead certs across all contenders are Bopara, Patel and Bresnan.

The most likely outcome is your positions stay the same, he could finish 800 ahead or you could close the gap on both teams above. Maybe you have a Lyth where he has Jennings or he has Duckett and you have A.N Other, or Brooks instead of Coles. It just takes a lucky combo of failing players and a brave captain choice (if that option is available) and the few hundred point lead disintegrates quicker than Glamorgan's top order would on a turner at Taunton.
Taylor knows my team and login details so not to much investigation is required!

......and just how does he know these? confused!!
Sometimes around 11:00 (or 10:30) without access to the Internet you need a good mate you can trust to do you a favour.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

What's up with the website - can't even get to login page........

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

Good luck Ooozzzie with the weekly!!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Cheers Steve, Just been picking my final days team......not easy. What a finish to the Season. Good Luck everyone going for anything else. Will we back with the
fixtures 3 or 4 days after they are released next season.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Steve,you beat me to it this morning! Yup I have been following Ooozzzie's team with great interest and have everything crossed for him today. Will be following his players with every delivery.... especially as my bunch are a useless 30 something!

What a fascinating day we have ahead. I was trying to bring Her Nibs up to speed on developments over breakfast and it occurred to me that the ups and downs of this round of games would make a great film.......if anyone made the equivalent of an American 'baseball movie!'

Best to all, DD...

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Steve,you beat me to it this morning! Yup I have been following Ooozzzie's team with great interest and have everything crossed for him today. Will be following his players with every delivery.... especially as my bunch are a useless 30 something!

What a fascinating day we have ahead. I was trying to bring Her Nibs up to speed on developments over breakfast and it occurred to me that the ups and downs of this round of games would make a great film.......if anyone made the equivalent of an American 'baseball movie!'

Best to all, DD...
It is certainly intriguing at the top of division 1 - any of the top 3 teams could take it depending on the result and how it goes in the Midds/york game. My eyes will be glued to Cricinfo in an hours time. My team went up with a game to go - go essex!! Also, interesting to see how they (Essex) go once they get to face the big boys. After a bit of a jittery start Surrey showed they could mix it. They are definitely the 'team of star names' and they have recruited Borthwick for next season - interesting to see what happens to Ansari, will he move on? as I can't see where he will fit in.
See you next season DD - at least the bad apple has been removed from the barrel now and normality can return.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Hello Steve,yes it will be interesting to see how the new look Essex get on. Crucial year to get promoted. I had hoped there would be promotion drama at Canterbury but they blew the chance,so C'est La Vie and good luck to Essex....I have an affection for Kent having pretended to go to university iin Canterbury a zillion years ago...loved the eccentricity of the famous tree in the oval!

Best to all,DD....

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

ooozzzie wrote:Cheers Steve, Just been picking my final days team......not easy. What a finish to the Season. Good Luck everyone going for anything else. Will we back with the
fixtures 3 or 4 days after they are released next season.
Yes good luck ooozzzie!

There would be no harm in posting teams today. I haven't got a weekly and not in top 500 so nothing to declare.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get weekly prize cheque - apart from being listed in hall of fame I heard nothing?

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Well done Middlesex on winning the closest County Championship in years

Do you think the team that has won the last weekly fantasy prize would be this

Nick Gubbins
Chris Rogers
Jonathan Trott
Neil Dexter
Tim Bresnan
Darren Stevens
Ben Brown
Timm Van der Gugten
Keith Barker
Jack Leach
Jack Brooks
Last edited by Kris_fiso on 23 Sep 2016, 18:45, edited 9 times in total.

futabudgi
Red & Blue Braces

Post by futabudgi »

Kris_fiso wrote:Well done Middlesex on winning the closest County Championship in years

Do you think the team that has won the last weekly fantasy prize would bevthis
Nick Gubbins
Chris Rogers
James Hildreth
Neil Dexter
Tim Bresnan
Darren Stevens
Ben Brown
Timm Van der Gugten
Keith Barker
Clint Mckay
Jack Brooks
Not enough info Kris. Don't know your current weekly points or who your captain is.

I would say that team hasn't had the best final day though.

futabudgi
Red & Blue Braces

Post by futabudgi »

My final two best teams:

Breakfast Club
Bopara, Westley, Lees, Jennings, Brown, Bresnan, Clarke (C) Rushworth, Patel, Brooks, Van der Gugten.
Current position 8th and good final day but too far off the Top 5 to make it into the prize money. Should hold £10 elite league.

Point Grey
Bopara, Lyth, Trott, Jennings, Brown, Bresnan, Van der Merwe, Patel, Hogan, Coles (C), Paterson.
Not good final day but hopefully enough to hold the £25 elite league.

There's a couple of dark horse differential players in Northeast and Roland Jones who had great days. Aside from them, none of the top selected players did too much damage.

Jeetan Patel held off Joe Leach for top overall points scorer.

Would be great to hear from Billo and any other contenders in the various leagues!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Well to answer your question , I was leading, and have more than that I think........BUT not sure if I have enough to win, think I might be 3rd or 4th. Have Malan/Gubbins/Mustard/Crane/Bresnan and a few other bits and bobs but my captain scored sweet nothing.

Yes agree, Northeast and Roland Jones a problem, Kent were not 100% certain to bat again, so didn't dare pick them, I suppose they were 95% certain, so if anyone
did pick Northeast today fair enough.

futabudgi
Red & Blue Braces

Post by futabudgi »

ooozzzie wrote:Well to answer your question , I was leading, and have more than that I think........BUT not sure if I have enough to win, think I might be 3rd or 4th. Have Malan/Gubbins/Mustard/Crane/Bresnan and a few other bits and bobs but my captain scored sweet nothing.

Yes agree, Northeast and Roland Jones a problem, Kent were not 100% certain to bat again, so didn't dare pick them, I suppose they were 95% certain, so if anyone
Kent were likely to bat again but I'd have expected them to knock a quick 150 from their top order and have a bowl at Essex to add some entertainment to the final day.

If somebody picked for the final day I'd consider it fortunate rather than skillful.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

futabudgi wrote:
ooozzzie wrote:Well to answer your question , I was leading, and have more than that I think........BUT not sure if I have enough to win, think I might be 3rd or 4th. Have Malan/Gubbins/Mustard/Crane/Bresnan and a few other bits and bobs but my captain scored sweet nothing.

Kent were likely to bat again but I'd have expected them to knock a quick 150 from their top order and have a bowl at Essex to add some entertainment to the final day.

If somebody picked for the final day I'd consider it fortunate rather than skillful.
Was third in the weekly overnight. Only third time ever trying it but had a spare credit. Picked Tredwell on the assumption they'd make a game of it. Suspect that Ooozzzie has me well beaten. At least it made the last day of TFC interesting.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Well,I sincerely hope that the excellent heart and soul of this site,Ooozzzie, wins!

Futabudgi,it always lifts my spirits to see you on here. I remember your comments about me on 10th August ,even after Vid giving me the 'all clear' from Steve's accusation...( he had the good grace to apologise profusely ,which I gladly accepted.)

Still,it takes all sorts!☺

DD.....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Scores are in! No good, See you all next year....will set up a Big Bash league in Dec.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Sorry, cross in timing of messages.... Rover,if Ooozzzie doesn't win,I hope that you do!☺

Best to all, DD....

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Well done to all winners. Bit of a non event for me this season - seemed to tread water in the middle of the season and couldn't make any progress.

Was more interested in a super season for Northants, topped off with the great news Duckett has signed on for 2 more years. Hope he has a good start with England on tour.

Don't forget to remind TFC how much you love them to encourage a 2017 return :wink:

BILLO
Kevin and Perry

Post by BILLO »

I suspect Leach softened me up and Roland-Jones finished me off!

Can't complain, never thought I would make £480 profit when entering the teams back in April.

Congratulations to Mr Holmes on a fine comeback over the last three days.

futabudgi
Red & Blue Braces

Post by futabudgi »

BILLO wrote:I suspect Leach softened me up and Roland-Jones finished me off!

Can't complain, never thought I would make £480 profit when entering the teams back in April.

Unlucky Billo and well done on a great season. Hopefully the Mets can make the World Series and deliver the goods there.

As for Mr. Holmes, this whole Fantasy Cricket thing seems to be quite elementary for him :roll:

BILLO
Kevin and Perry

Post by BILLO »

futabudgi wrote:

Unlucky Billo and well done on a great season. Hopefully the Mets can make the World Series and deliver the goods there.

As for Mr. Holmes, this whole Fantasy Cricket thing seems to be quite elementary for him :roll:
Unlikely, can't see anyone beating the Cubs this year.

Unfortunately bringing in Raynor to replace Rushworth last week and in the process using my final transfer proved to be my second worst change in TFC history.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Hopefully TFC will run in 2017 without all the preseason angst of recent years:-

taken from the list of prizes for TFC 2016

"What’s more, the winners of each 2016 Fantasy Cricket Century League will be entitled to a free entry into next year’s Telegraph Fantasy Cricket games."

ricked01
Kevin and Perry

Post by ricked01 »

Unlucky Billo, gutting to be turned over on the last day.

However, you and the mincer are getting ever closer.

Again, hopefully the comp continues.

Well done to the winners and well played all.

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Post by Jagduracell »

BILLO wrote:
futabudgi wrote:

Unfortunately bringing in Raynor to replace Rushworth last week and in the process using my final transfer proved to be my second worst change in TFC history.
Don't fancy they'll choke again Carl? Always spot your team names across the TFC scoreboards as became a big Mets fan a few years ago when I lived out there (when they were dreadful!) Doing their best to make a hash of the wildcard spot aren't they?

BILLO
Kevin and Perry

Post by BILLO »

ricked01 wrote:Unlucky Billo, gutting to be turned over on the last day.

However, you and the mincer are getting ever closer.

Again, hopefully the comp continues.

Well done to the winners and well played all.

Thanks ricked01, i'm just disappointed I won't be able to give Mrs Billo £1500 to waste.

I also hope TFC returns, don't bother with fantasy football anymore.

BILLO
Kevin and Perry

Post by BILLO »

Jagduracell wrote:
BILLO wrote:
futabudgi wrote:

Don't fancy they'll choke again Carl? Always spot your team names across the TFC scoreboards as became a big Mets fan a few years ago when I lived out there (when they were dreadful!) Doing their best to make a hash of the wildcard spot aren't they?
A decimated rotation and inability to score runs (except against the Phillies) will put this season to bed early.

2016 could end the curse of Billy the goat. The Cubs have really solid starting pitching, the best closer in baseball and a whole clutch of young and veteran sluggers. I also think Maddon is the best manager in MLB and players old and young seem to respect him.

After writing all that they will probably lose 3-0 to the Cardinals in the NLDS now!

futabudgi
Red & Blue Braces

Post by futabudgi »

primitive man wrote:Hopefully TFC will run in 2017 without all the preseason angst of recent years:-

taken from the list of prizes for TFC 2016

"What’s more, the winners of each 2016 Fantasy Cricket Century League will be entitled to a free entry into next year’s Telegraph Fantasy Cricket games."
This is encouraging although I doubt there's any legal obligation to honour it and they could just run a T20 game or offer a consolation football credit instead.

I think the game will be back next year but it could be the last hurrah for the 'County Challenge' format. The fantasy games industry is booming and Cricket is the only show in town during the summer, the numerical format of the game also lends itself very nicely to the fantasy format and the accumulation of points from your players can be very satisfying or unsatisfying, depending on the day you're having.

There should be enough casual players and the usual hardcore fan base to sustain it for another year and I think the exciting finish to this season with the beautifully contrived finish by Middlesex and Yorkshire will help as well. I can't remember a day of county cricket capturing the sports headlines and office conversations like yesterday and anyone who thinks the two teams should have killed all excitement, played out a draw and handed the title to Somerset are completely deluded in my opinion.

Elite leagues are another matter and the poor take-up this year probably wasn't helped by the experienced heads in this forum making them somewhat uncompetitive for the casual player. They might need to copy the football format of having a multiple smaller elite leagues or just scrap them altogether. The T20 elite leagues were over subscribed and I didn't manage to get teams into two of them so the future might not be as bleak as I think.

As for 2018, the T20 city format could see swathes of players taken out of the game in midsummer and turn the Championship into a glorified second XI competition. This would make the existing format very difficult to sustain and would force a big rethink about how to run games across the four competitions (City, county t20, one day and four day). They will probably come up with something but I doubt it will be the game we know and love.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”