To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New Cricket Chit Chat to end of season with new rules

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Re: New Cricket Chit Chat to end of season with new rules

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Sorry, when I pressed the send button button on the above I didn't realise that Ooozzzie had already posted!

DD.....

irtysh
Treebeard

Post by irtysh »

Some assorted thoughts...

1) Great to see Eckersley back in the runs. Looked so promising a few seasons back.
2) Thakor must be sick. Left Leics when they were on their losing run to join Derby and now Derby can't win a game either! He must have the lowest win % of any active player?
3) What has happened to Sussex? Favourites for D2 at the start of the year but languishing near the bottom of the table. Plus bottom in RLC and out of T20. Hard to say that Nash, Joyce, Wright, Magoffin etc. are all done cos they all seem to have contributed at times?
4) Australia vs Sri Lanka test series :D

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Very good!

I'm heading off myself soon - Trent Bridge tonight.
Anyone else going?

Also thinking about Northampton tomorrow, if the weather holds up. Markedly cooler today...

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

kingcurtley wrote:Travis Head-ing off

http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lanka-v ... 43931.html
Marvellous!! Just brought him in as Captain for most of my teams. Probably kills Yorks' T20 chances on Thursday too.
Given my selection record - Ball, Malan etc, the only surprise is that he wasn't called up by England!

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

well! well! thank goodness those ne'er-do-wells... striker/nabby/sichonsteve have had their posts deleted on the now-locked-thread. the last thing we need here is people like them!! it's soooo much nicer here now. :D

unfortunately....

omg!!! can't believe this but auntie was talking to her best friend from bridgend bowls' club... 8-)

her name is pat d'antry (french heritage :) ) and it seems that she needs her attic cleared this weekend. auntie has volunteered moi to do the job sooooo.... sadly this means i shall be unable to provide any squid news for the 4thcumming wk (do i get a ban for using txt spk?) ... i am going to be very pushed 4 time in order to get my tfrs done so can some1 make sure that ACCURATE team news is posted on here b4 i m ake my moves on SATURDAY 13th AUGUST.

best of luck to all. :D

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Dear 'Nana....pedantic antics in auntie's attic....with a bit of French whatever thrown in....Is it Bob A Job week or something?

I think you should entertain us with a live video feed of you in action doing your kindly deeds,an example to the nation's youth!

Trans this weekend are going to be tricky...Don't see me getting much peace to try and concentrate my tiny mind.....let's wait and see...

Not doing the old 'hit and hope' this season, I feel strangely bereft this week....ho,hum!

DD...

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Is it Bob A Job week or something?
i should coco!! :P fish'n'chips with curry sauce... that's my lot!

anyways. i just think that every1 should read the excellent rules of fiso

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=108147

and esp read this part:

'Posting on FISO is not a right, it is a privilege.'

... so remember, whoever it is that takes time out to post cricket squid news: you're bleeding lucky to be allowed on here in the first place so watch it. FISO doesn't make a cent... it's purely charitable. ... and u should count yrselves bleedin' lucky to even be tolerated on here.

now let's get back to making everything the way it should be and no more funny business.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Disappointing that years of harmonious community spirit has been affected by the view of one person, but 'they walk among us'.

I've posted much less squad news this season due to time restrictions but it's true to say I wouldn't bother making the effort anymore even if I had taken the time to do the research. I'm not going to be publicly sharing news for people to latch on to if they aren't grateful enough to respect the very community that supplies it on a plate for them.

I'm very much in the 'it takes all sorts' camp, so my view is that surely it's easy enough to ignore what you don't like and get on with life? Perhaps some people need to have lived and worked in the third world or in a war-zone to see how pathetic it is to be moaning about something as trivial as this?

Anyway, well done to everyone that has contributed positively over the years - and if any of you that have contributed here in the past want a link to a site that shows all 18 counties cricket tweets (kindly provided several years ago, for free, by one of the community-minded members) send me a PM and I will gladly oblige. You don't need to be a member of Twitter to access it, as I'm not myself, but it does give all the squad news and links, plus other cricket chat (sorry, you might have to wade through some county cricket tweets you would prefer not to be seeing though).

Oh yeah, cricket news. England beat Pakistan. And tonight Notts play Essex in the T20. That's double news. Wrong thread for T20 chat though, oh dear.

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

Fantasist wrote:Perhaps some people need to have lived and worked in the third world or in a war-zone to see how pathetic it is to be moaning about something as trivial as this?
i think i love you fantasist.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Does anyone know why Quinn missed out tonight?

Annoying as he had low ownership

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

jimwinn wrote:Does anyone know why Quinn missed out tonight?

Annoying as he had low ownership
here is a link to something they call 'google'

https://www.google.co.uk/

type in essex cricket and you get this:

http://www.essexcricket.org.uk/

give it a go! :)

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Grand post, Fantasist .....thanks for your support for sanity ,good vibes,stuff and nonsense.... and the odd spot of chat about the greatest game in the world!

Hope some if you bunch do well with the old hit and hope this week....I am useless at it but normally stick in a team as a discipline to keep in touch.This season, without a team, it simply just isn't the same...... Awwww..

DD

PS...'Nana....we are all trying to behave and there you go,trying to get our solid citizens to ...Go Ogle......What would Auntie think....hmmm?

A rather shocked, DD....

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:
PS...'Nana....we are all trying to behave and there you go,trying to get our solid citizens to ...Go Ogle......What would Auntie think....hmmm?

A rather shocked, DD....
... i know!! :)

but on the locked thread our friend, jimwinn, confidently explained to ooozzzie the joys of independence and how he could stick his views elsewhere..... so to speak. :o

maybe a new thread or maybe even disappearing into the realms of the 'stuffthatdoesntmatteratoss' thread.

for some weird reason, seeing 'good ole jim' on here asking for info doesn't sit comfortably with me right now.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Yes I tried to find news onQuinn

He is injured according to twitter but wondered what was up with him

Thanks for the advice Banana

You and DD are being childish for some reason

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

jimwinn wrote:
You and DD are being childish for some reason
well. pardon me all over the place. now then let's take a look at what you said to ooozzzie:

There is always the suff(sic) that doesn't fit anywhere else forum or setting up a fiso blog for non cricket stuff

ooozzzie posts about 20000 times more useful stuff into this forum than you do. you hit him with a dull sarcastic remark like that. ... do you honestly, honestly think that any1 who gives a toss about this forum is gonna go ....

'ooooo!! it's jimwinn!! isn't he wonderful!! let's make sure he gets all the info he needs'

some might... because there are some real softies in here who seem to be happy to put up with a load of b/s from people who are too lazy/stupid to do anything for themselves.

but i'm not one of these people who are prepared to put up with cretins any more. comprendo??

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Not looking to be the fun and friendly bunch you were purporting to be, personal dislikes? clique? Please don't make me start reading these threads, I lost interest in cricket when Boycott and Botham retired.

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

Vid wrote:Not looking to be the fun and friendly bunch you were purporting to be.
nope. we are a bunch of intelligent people who have the occasional dust-up and then get on with things. any problem with that? :)

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

banana wrote:
Vid wrote:Not looking to be the fun and friendly bunch you were purporting to be.
nope. we are a bunch of intelligent people who have the occasional dust-up and then get on with things. any problem with that? :)
If jimwinn says there's no issue then I'll accept that and close the open report, always difficult in situations when somebody takes offence on behalf of others that may or may not be offended.

BTW - intelligence is in the eye of the beholder, living in a cricket forum counts against you BIG time!

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Young 'Nana.....please report to my study after class for a little chat.....

DD......xxx

Cricket bit.....might be extra nets!

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

Vid wrote:
banana wrote:
If jimwinn says there's no issue then I'll accept that and close the open report, always difficult in situations when somebody takes offence on behalf of others that may or may not be offended.

BTW - intelligence is in the eye of the beholder, living in a cricket forum counts against you BIG time!
ummm. :)

the rules rightly/wrongly state that no-one can take issue with a moderator publicly.

so why are you, in your capacity as head mod, taking issue with me publicly? i'm between a rock and a hard place. either i say nothing and don't break FISO's law book or i respond and get nailed on a technicality.

... but yr probably quite good looking in a rough/militaristic way so i'll forgive u. xx

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Whoa chill out guys......please.....

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Yup,yup ,yup.......'Nana.....come round here.....bring a bottle or two.. and we can talk existential pants all night..... just not here.....

Eh....how long will it take you?...I am happy to wait up!

DD.....

EmmaI
Kevin and Perry

Post by EmmaI »

Hate to burst your bubble lads, but I did receive 1 message in support of my actions.

I do hope we can all move on from this, and put a stop to the paint drying and ball scratching posts.

BTW. I checked my team. I'm 47th. No need to get excited. I have no chance of winning and there are lots of other women on the leaderboard.

:idea: It would be super to select women cricketers for fantasy teams. Womens T20 league alongside the men. Imagine selecting Natalie Sciver over Jason Roy, or Stafanie Taylor rather than Tom Smith. I'd play that!

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

ooooh!! tish'n'pish :)

look. sometimes there's a bit of heat and people get burned... but this whoooole thing is about getting a few things sorted out. everyone on here is ok... sometimes it just gets a bit fruity.

i know emma1 has come across as a reet ole tossseur but he/she/it is probably ok++ in the end. i've been doing fantasy stuff since 1994 and there are some egos... it's ok... just keep it in perspective.

the fantasy game is what matters .... in this case tfc. i've got 5k riding on this and for a peasant like me that's big bucks. i honestly don't give a monkey's about the social media sideline. .... but you are all lovely ... and i'd like to have sex with all of u. ... but i want to win the dosh first. xxx

++ ok as in tooootal tosseur with bells on

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

ok!! i've been rumbled. i AM emma1....

ya got me ooozzzie.

the thing is that i set up this fiendish plan all along....

DIVIDE & CONQUER

it's uber brillo. :P

as we speak, my 'banana juju sex-gods' have moved to the top of the superleague!! :D ... leaving you guys trailing in my wake whilst you argue amongst yrselves.

brrrrrrwwwwwwaaaagghhaaahhhhaaaaa!! :mrgreen:

gimme da money honey. xx

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

banana wrote:ok!! i've been rumbled. i AM emma1....

ya got me ooozzzie.

the thing is that i set up this fiendish plan all along....

DIVIDE & CONQUER

it's uber brillo. :P

as we speak, my 'banana juju sex-gods' have moved to the top of the superleague!! :D ... leaving you guys trailing in my wake whilst you argue amongst yrselves.

brrrrrrwwwwwwaaaagghhaaahhhhaaaaa!! :mrgreen:

gimme da money honey. xx
Cool

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

it's hilarious!! :lol: :lol:

i got my mate... you remember i was telling you about my uber-wealthy mates!! :P ... well one is a master on the i.t. side of things. she set me up with various ip addresses to outfox anything that fiso has... apparently their stuff is pretty poor anyhoo.. :lol: ... and then i was just able to become emma1 ... and banana ... at the same time!! ... i even had vid ...(or is that jiz :lol: ) ... done 4. :D

anyway. y're probably asking why now :? ... good q my leeeeetle jam boooties!!

the thing is that notts and glos were not playing this week and i'm loaded with their players. i knew i was about to get stuffed... so it seemed like as good a time as any to detonate ma leeetle berrrrmb. :)

anyways. hope u don't mind. :) i really do have to empty that attic on friday. :( sooooo if some kind soul can post squid news for me ... and emma1...then that'll be luuuurvely. byeeee xxx

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

A genuine friend tipped me off a short time ago....I couldn't digest the information......

Nor will I state at present what I feel about this wiful destruction....

DD.....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

banana wrote:it's hilarious!! :lol: :lol:

i got my mate... you remember i was telling you about my uber-wealthy mates!! :P ... well one is a master on the i.t. side of things. she set me up with various ip addresses to outfox anything that fiso has... apparently their stuff is pretty poor anyhoo.. :lol: ... and then i was just able to become emma1 ... and banana ... at the same time!! ... i even had vid ...(or is that jiz :lol: ) ... done 4. :D

anyway. y're probably asking why now :? ... good q my leeeeetle jam boooties!!

the thing is that notts and glos were not playing this week and i'm loaded with their players. i knew i was about to get stuffed... so it seemed like as good a time as any to detonate ma leeetle berrrrmb. :)

anyways. hope u don't mind. :) i really do have to empty that attic on friday. :( sooooo if some kind soul can post squid news for me ... and emma1...then that'll be luuuurvely. byeeee xxx
Ok

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”