To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New Cricket Chit Chat to end of season with new rules

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Re: New Cricket Chit Chat to end of season with new rules

Post by Edgeways »

In case anyone is still interested, Jack Taylor's bowling ban is over and he has been bowling for Gloucestershire tonight.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

kingcurtley wrote:
futabudgi wrote:Moving swiftly on...

Who do we fancy for the Championship this year and who are we backing for that single promotion spot (and subsequent relegation back to Division 2 next season)?
It will take some end of season for someone to beat Yorkshire i reckon. A lot of admiration for Jason Gillespie. Be good if it goes to the wire though, always makes a fun last week to follow.
As a Rule I'm not confident of the hat-trick. The ECB are still doing their best to hobble Yorkshire, not only picking Root, Bairstow and now Ballance to play against Pakistan, they even have the cheek to use Rashid as a net bowler to simulate Yasir.

We will soon be into the ODIs and T20s which will mean Plunkett and Willey disappear, I am half expecting Lyth and Less to be called up. Even the ACB are involved, calling on Head to try and turn round their disaster series in Sri Lanka!

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

hazzab wrote:a) I've just spent nearly an hour catching up on the posts from the past few days. That's an hour I'll never get back. I tried to explain to my young sons what it was all about. They looked genuinely disturbed by what adult life will hold.

b) I miss 1081 and Richard Roma and Bramernic.

c) I am Spartacus.
I must come clean, I am Charlie (Hebdo)!!

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Having spent a bit of time looking into all of this I do not believe that there is anyone using multi-IDs in this or the locked thread, including banana and Mrs Banana (although its always possible that one has posted as the other on occasions). EmmaI's motives for what appears to be deliberate disruption, still to be ascertained. Same thing for banana's "confession" which was made at 1:45am, historically well past his bed-time. DD appears to be totally blameless in all this.

Amazing how easy it is for an online community to start turning on each other following a few days agitation from one person. The mod team will continue looking into this from the background, but if everything settles back down to relaxed chat and cricket we won't push too hard.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Many thanks to you,Vid! I hope that sorts that one out to everyone's satisfaction.

The other day when the doubts were first stated ,I actually wanted to shout..'I am NOT Spartacus!'... and then others started to use versions of this expression...... too strange......

Good to hear that J Taylor back bowling.... couldn't work out on the BBC site which of the two Taylors was in the runs and the wickets......

Last Test of the summer.... I always find this rather sad....let's hope it is
another good one!

Best to all, DD...

RightWing
Kevin and Perry

Post by RightWing »

hazzab wrote:a) I've just spent nearly an hour catching up on the posts from the past few days. That's an hour I'll never get back. I tried to explain to my young sons what it was all about. They looked genuinely disturbed by what adult life will hold.

b) I miss 1081 and Richard Roma and Bramernic.

c) I am Spartacus.
a) It's just not cricket, but we have to pretend it is.

b) I miss Richard Roma and theboygiggs and darkspidey :D

c) I am Spartacus.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

RightWing wrote:
c) I am Spartacus.
Yes, I know, will probably ban this ID tomorrow, maybe tonight, depends on what mood I'm in.

For everyone else, 6 years ago we had an issue with banana posting out of character, apparently he went on holiday a left a 'young friend' house sitting who then proceeded to cause disruption for a few days. If you're house sitting again Ian, please don't cause any more grief for your friend.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

I remember Bram and his marvellous cricket grid. Darkspidey, that's a real blast from the past. Wasn't he in some way clued up with Northants? I think 'spidey' was in his last year or two when I joined.

I've made a right hash of T20 captain changes in the last two nights. Transferred in Malan and captained him, then transferred in Tye last night and captained Howell! Glos looked so good early on, so I went a bit heavy on them. However, from early on last night, they didn't look at their best. Great effort from Jack Taylor though, almost pulling off a minor miracle. I'll probably make one more change tonight, keeping a few transfers back for finals day and that one 'lucky punt' on who to go for as captain!

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Looks like a warm weekend ahead. May pop to Wantage and its beer festival on Sunday.

Will Rhodes has joined Essex - didn't think they were that short of players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37057172

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

I'm surprised Rhodes hasn't played more this season with so many Yorkshire players representing England. He was looking good last year.

futabudgi
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Winner of 2015 Telegraph Fantasy Cricket

Post by futabudgi »

kingcurtley wrote:Looks like a warm weekend ahead. May pop to Wantage and its beer festival on Sunday.

Will Rhodes has joined Essex - didn't think they were that short of players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/37057172
Does seem strange because if there's one team not short of medium pacers who bat middle order then it's Essex.

I can see three scenarios here:
1) Lawrence hamstring is injured from the T20 and Rhodes replaces him, 2) Rhodes replaces Zaidi and Essex use part time spin, 3) They use Rhodes as a bowling all rounder and drop one of the seamers (or rotate them)

None of these scenarios affect TFC that much though.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Interesting....good to see that Will is going to get games, but really hope that it isn't the precursor to a permanent move.

RightWing
Kevin and Perry

Post by RightWing »

Notts host Hants tomorrow in the CC.

Squad from: Jake Ball, Luke Fletcher, Harry Gurney, Jake Libby, Michael Lumb, Steven Mullaney, Samit Patel, Chris Read, Imran Tahir, Brendan Taylor, Riki Wessels, Luke Wood.

Brett Hutton misses out with a finger injury and it will be three out of Ball, Gurney, Wood and Fletcher – three out of those seamers.

EmmaI
Kevin and Perry

Post by EmmaI »

Have a morning run tomorrow, so looking for early team news from banana and kingcurtley, and of course, to post the new pokemon I caught today.

OMG. The last five posts are about fantasy cricket, yet no team news.

So here is my effort.

Derby's Shiv Thakor is injured and in my fantasy team. I think he can go, as Derby are out of the London Cup and don't play the following week. I looked at Derbyshire Cricket website, and the rest of their squad is -

1. Billy Godleman
26. Ben Slater
22. Chesney Hughes
– Charlie Macdonell
77. Wayne Madsen
4. Neil Broom
18. Alex Hughes
– Alex Mellor
8. Tom Milnes
14. Greg Cork
20. Matt Critchley
– Callum Parkinson
28. Tony Palladino

How easy is that. I'll reserve my pokemon posting for a more appropriate time.

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

EmmaI wrote:Have a morning run tomorrow, so looking for early team news from banana and kingcurtley, and of course, to post the new pokemon I caught today.

OMG. The last five posts are about fantasy cricket, yet no team news.

So here is my effort.

Derby's Shiv Thakor is injured and in my fantasy team. I think he can go, as Derby are out of the London Cup and don't play the following week. I looked at Derbyshire Cricket website, and the rest of their squad is -

1. Billy Godleman
26. Ben Slater
22. Chesney Hughes
– Charlie Macdonell
77. Wayne Madsen
4. Neil Broom
18. Alex Hughes
– Alex Mellor
8. Tom Milnes
14. Greg Cork
20. Matt Critchley
– Callum Parkinson
28. Tony Palladino

How easy is that. I'll reserve my pokemon posting for a more appropriate time.
So you delete our posts for general chat and then you keep on posting about Pokemons!! As I said before, I don't know what they are all about nor do I wish to.
Can I suggest that you find a pokemon forum to discuss this infantile obsession - just out of interest, when you find one do you torture it in indescribably painful ways and then execute it or do you let it go and try to catch it again? I don't need any more information than this BTW otherwise you might accuse me of showing interest.
Another thing, why do you pretend to have 1 team (as is, he is in my team) when you have numerous teams in the century leagues, seemingly all titled POSTAL ENTRY. For a newbie (17 posts now) your name is a bit of a give away and implies that you have been around for some time if this refers to the time when you could make entries by post!! Despite what Vid say's I'm still not totally convinced about you 'I AM ME'.
Not to mention the fact that I remember this team name from yonks ago in previous seasons, so this is not the first season that you have participated in this cricket game. You may claim that you have just recently started posting on the forum, but all in all, I'm going to give you a wide berth when you do post in the future.

The test match is fairly evenly poised if you take everything into account.

One Day
Wideboy

Post by One Day »

Come on now sichonsteve, let's move on.
Hazzab's great 'I am Spartacus' post drew a neat line under all of this...let's focus on what should be a great run-in (hopefully I am not jinxing all this nice weather!)

Some squads for everyone:

Warwickshire (vs Surrey)
Ian Bell (Captain)
Tim Ambrose (Wicket Keeper)
Keith Barker
Varun Chopra
Rikki Clarke
Laurie Evans
Oliver Hannon-Dalby
Ateeq Javid
Jeetan Patel
Jonathan Trott
Ian Westwood
Chris Wright
*Sam Hain and Boyd Rankin injured

Surrey (vs Warwickshire)
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Ben Foakes
Mark Footitt
Arun Harinath
Stuart Meaker
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Dominic Sibley
Gary Wilson
*Kumar back from Caribbean duty

Middlesex (vs Durham)
James Franklin (captain)
Nick Compton
Stephen Eskinazi
Nick Gubbins
James Harris
Ryan Higgins
Dawid Malan
Tim Murtagh
Harry Podmore
Ollie Rayner
Toby Roland-Jones
John Simpson
Nathan Sowter
Paul Stirling

Durham (vs Middx)
Paul Collingwood (c) Mark Stoneman, Keaton Jennings, Scott Borthwick, Jack Burnham, Michael Richardson (wk), Stuart Poynter, Adam Hickey, Paul Coughlin, Usman Arshad, Mark Wood, Chris Rushworth, Graham Onions
*Muchall added to the squad as cover due to Burnham had overnight illness

Essex (vs Derby)
Ryan ten Doeschate (27) captain
James Foster (7) wicket-keeper
Will Rhodes (-)
Graham Napier (17)
Jaik Mickleburgh (32)
Jamie Porter (44)
Ravi Bopara (25)
Kishen Velani (8)
Tom Westley (21)
Tom Moore (33)
Nick Browne (10)
Paul Walter (22)
*Jesse Ryder, Dan Lawrence and Matt Quinn are all sidelined through injury whilst David Masters is rested ahead of Wednesday’s Royal London Cup match with Warwickshire at Edgbaston.

Derbyshire (vs Essex)
As above, from EmmaI

Northants (vs Leics)
Newton, Zaib, Wakely, Keogh, Rossington, Murphy+, Crook, Kleinveldt, White, Gleeson, Azharullah, Sanderson.
*No Duckett...perhaps rested? No info given for now...

Leics (vs Northants)
Horton, Robson, Dexter, Cosgrove (capt), Pettini, O’Brien (w/k), Eckersley, Hill, Raine, McKay, Jones, Shreck, Sayer.

Sussex (vs Glos)
Jofra Archer
Danny Briggs
Ben Brown (wkt)
Christian Davis
George Garton
Chris Jordan
Ed Joyce
Steve Magoffin
Chris Nash
Luke Wells
David Wiese
Luke Wright (c)
*Harry Finch out with broken thumb, George Garton back, Matt Machan still out with wrist injury

Glos (vs Sussex)
Dent, Tavare, Van Buuren, Klinger (c), Marshall, Mustard, Howell, J. Taylor, Miles, Norwell, M.Taylor, Smith, Currill.
*Dent recovered from broken finger, Jack Taylor now bowling

Worcester (vs Glamorgan)
Mitchell
D'Oliveira
Fell
Clarke
Kohler-Cadmore
Whiteley
Cox
Leach
Barnard
Shantry
Morris
Russell
*Abbott has returned to SA so Shantry comes back in

Glamorgan (vs Worcester)
Rudolph (c), Selman, Bragg, Lloyd, Donald, Meschede, Wagg, Wallace, Morgan, Hogan, Carey, Salter
*Ruaidhri Smith, Colin Ingram and Chris Cooke out with injuries.

Hants (vs Notts)
Will Smith (2) Captain
Ryan McLaren (24)
Jimmy Adams (4)
Adam Wheater (31)
Joe Weatherley (5)
Mason Crane (32)
Liam Dawson (8)
Gareth Andrew (55)
Tom Alsop (9)
Brad Wheal (58)
Gareth Berg (13)
Andy Carter
Lewis McManus (18)
*Andy Carter added to the squad

Notts (vs Hants)
See above, from Rightwing

Nothing yet available for Roses game from either side...

Off to Oval today to see what I hope will be another swing in this extraordinary test match. Best of luck all!

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thank you for the information, One Day....I have kind of lost the energy/motivation for looking at transfers, hopefully only temporarily.

Enjoy your day at The Oval.....haven't been there for many years. Bizarre how the first innings have mirrored those of the previous Test.....England saved by the lower middle order etc.....

DD

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Yes, thanks One Day - saves a lot of time on this opening day of TFF! :-)
Have a great day, and let's hope the test continues to reflect the last one!

DD - you have transfers left...?! That in itself should stir your enthusiasm! lol
I have a few but dptrying not to use them unless I really have to..... :?

melvin
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of Ladbrokes competition 08, TFFO cup winner 2007-08

Post by melvin »

Yorkshire team Just got from BBC website.
Adam Lyth
Alex Lees
Andrew Gale(c)
Jake Lehmann
Jack Leaning
Adil Rashid
Tim Bresnan
Andy Hodd(wk)
Steven Patterson
Jack Brooks
Ryan Sidebottom
Lancs team
Tom Smith
Haseeb Hameed
Luke Procter
Alviro Petersen
Steven Croft(c)(wk)
Liam Livingstone
Jordan Clark
Arron Lilley
Nathan Buck
Kyle Jarvis
Simon Kerrigan

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thank you Melvin...Good man...

DD

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Yes - just in time on this hectic day!
Sure I've forgotten something..... :?

TFC
TFF
FPL
Tenner
Egg
2 Foot
Wooden spoon

Watching cricket!!
That's it - I'm off :-)

hazzab
Treebeard
FS Record: Overall Champion of Cricinfo County Championship comp in 2009: a long time ago now!

Post by hazzab »

Exemplary FISOing from One Day this morning! That's pretty remarkable service to the community (or should that be 'care in the community'?) to make the effort to post all of that team news at 7.20am on a Saturday when you're off to the Oval today!! You must have got up extra early - or perhaps not been to bed...

Either way...many thanks. I can even forgive you for breaking the news to me that Sam Hain (dislocated shoulder) didn't make it into the squad for today. And I only brought him in last week...

Have a great day at the Oval (with your non-fiso friends) - and get us some wickets fast!!

P.S. In case you need some cricket news in this post...Nepal are currently 88-7 against the Netherlands and Daan van Bunge (former Netherlands and Middlesex player, whose claim to infamy was that Gibbs hit him for six 6s in an over in the 2007 T20 world cup) is in the Dutch national hand-clapping team. Fact. I kid you not.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Gleeson bowling like Steyn in T20, now Sanderson bowling like McGrath in 4 day.

Someone behind the scenes at Northants deserves a pay rise.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Well.......Can England bat for five sessions with this top order?

As I have said before, although each can have his day,I have little confidence in Hales,Vince or(at present) Ballance to perform regularly enough, at Test level.

Really hope I am wrong....Not for the first time this summer ,I really regret that poor James Taylor isn't in there at four or five.....

Maybe One Day should have taken his whites to The Oval today!

DD..

ricked01
Kevin and Perry

Post by ricked01 »

mincer wrote:Just logged in to find the cricket thread in disarray.

Personally I think the cricket thread is the best there is. I feel like I know the characters on here without having met any of you. You all provide 'squid' news, and little snippets of info (plus DIY tips of course :D ). Carry on the good work.

PS Best of luck to all those with a sniff of prizes this year. After last years high my teams are somewhat floundering this year. But still thoroughly enjoying it. Checking my teams and cricinfo during the day makes work almost bearable.
WTH!! Have been away for a week on holiday and have just logged in today to read this thread. Hilarious although quite unbelievable.

Question for Mincer. What job does he have that he is allowed to partake in Fantasy Cricket activities during his paid work-time. Surely work can't be that bad. :D

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

England player availability for this week (and for T20 Finals day)

http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/articles/engl ... nties-week

RightWing
Kevin and Perry

Post by RightWing »

England ODI squad to face Pakistan:

E Morgan (capt) (Middlesex), M Ali (Worcestershire), J Bairstow (Yorkshire), J Buttler (Lancashire), L Dawson (Hampshire), C Jordan (Sussex), A Hales (Nottinghamshire), L Plunkett (Yorkshire), A Rashid (Yorkshire), J Root (Yorkshire), J Roy (Surrey), B Stokes (Durham), D Willey (Yorkshire), C Woakes (Warwickshire), M Wood (Durham).

www.click-on-this-link.co.uk

Sterling

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

Shame not to see a DBD, Duckett or Malan sneaking in there - shows how a strong unit we have when everyone's fit though. Sure one'll come in when Stokes pulls up first game.

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

A couple of important games finishing atm, you have Surrey who are close to beating Warks & Hamps need just two wickets to beat Notts which will leave them in quite a precarious position at the bottom.

What a disappointment Notts have been this season.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

FYI - after receiving a couple of um, uncomplimentary posts requesting deletion of his username, something that we don't do, I have deactivated banana's account.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”