To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC t20 Blast 2016

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Re: TFC t20 Blast 2016

Post by Fantasist »

Had a rather good scoring night on Friday, going from 150th to just outside the top 70, despite no wickets from any of my bowlers or my AR 8-)

Groups are really tight though, so even before those matches I thought it was time to sit tight on transfers until qualifiers are known.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

I decided to sit on a transfer rather than bring Ingram in, as I wasn't sure about the weather.

Dropped to 15th in the runs league

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Fantasist wrote:Had a rather good scoring night on Friday, going from 150th to just outside the top 70, despite no wickets from any of my bowlers or my AR 8-)

Groups are really tight though, so even before those matches I thought it was time to sit tight on transfers until qualifiers are known.
Good going Fantasist. Can't see you in the Fiso league?
I think the groups are pretty much decided apart from 4th spot in the both leagues. The South is particularly close, with Essex in the box seat but if they foul up, which they appear to be more than capable of doing these days, then who knows.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Everytime I make a transfer that team loses a couple of games and they look less like qualifying.

So what have we got left

Thursday 28 July
18:15 Middlesex v Essex
18:30 Sussex v Glamorgan
Friday 29 July
18:30 Essex v Glamorgan
18:30 Gloucestershire v Middlesex
18:30 Durham v Derbyshire
18:30 Hampshire v Somerset
18:30 Surrey v Kent
18:30 Lancashire v Warwickshire
18:30 Northamptonshire v Yorkshire
18:30 Nottinghamshire v Leicestershire

North Qualified
Notts
Northants

Left in Running.

Yorkshire
Warwickshire
Both will qualify if they win,
But if either lose they would be in danger because one of Derbyshire or Durham will win, and so if either above do lose that will of course create a double swing in the run rate.

South Qualified
Glos
Glamorgan
Middlesex

Essex Surrey Sussex Kent all on 12 points. Essex in box seat with 2 games left and best run rate. Surrey play Kent so like above WILL create a
winner, but it has to be big, to swing the run rate. Sussex don't play last day.

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Just to add Lancashire could qualify with a decent win against Warwickshire and a no result/tie in the Durham against Derbyshire match. Won't impact on anyone's teams I wouldn't have thought bearing in mind how few decent performances we've put in and how unlikely it is - but I'm a hopeless optimist when it comes to sport :)

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

It's a tricky one this year

All of my players can qualify but I've got Radaba and Rushworth in most teams

I'm tempted to ship at least one out on Tuesday

Decision time or time to sit on hands to avoid a mess

The classic risk vs reward situation with the teams on 8-10 transfers

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

wld wrote:Just to add Lancashire could qualify with a decent win against Warwickshire and a no result/tie in the Durham against Derbyshire match. Won't impact on anyone's teams I wouldn't have thought bearing in mind how few decent performances we've put in and how unlikely it is - but I'm a hopeless optimist when it comes to sport :)
Yes they could, I didn't go into the depths of those two games that will produce certain winners.... being rained off...........I would say clutching at straws....BUT looking at the weather forecast, its not completely out of the question. Grab the straws bloody hard though. :shock:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

jimwinn wrote:It's a tricky one this year

Definitely (IMHO) not the time to transfer, see who goes through for sure.

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

ooozzzie wrote:
wld wrote:Just to add Lancashire could qualify with a decent win against Warwickshire and a no result/tie in the Durham against Derbyshire match. Won't impact on anyone's teams I wouldn't have thought bearing in mind how few decent performances we've put in and how unlikely it is - but I'm a hopeless optimist when it comes to sport :)
Yes they could, I didn't go into the depths of those two games that will produce certain winners.... being rained off...........I would say clutching at straws....BUT looking at the weather forecast, its not completely out of the question. Grab the straws bloody hard though. :shock:
As a Preston fan of many, many, years I'm well versed in how to clutch my straws :)

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Preston....well I look at the Championship and I have to say I know the least about Preston, will look out for your results now.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

jimwinn wrote:It's a tricky one this year

Jim...take a closer look at Rabada as I think he's played his last game for Kent (I might be wrong). Couple this with the fact that Kent are highly unlikely to qualify and it might be worth using one of those transfers on Thursday. You know Middlesex and Glammy are both through so if you take a bowler from their ranks there is no risk.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Cheers Nabby

Yes - he was down to leave on the 24th on the BBC website

So I could risk and Essex replacement or play safe with a Finn or Murtagh on Friday

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

So the Fizz eventually turns up, has one great game, and then...
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/1464491 ... ex_action/
Thanks for the 4 wickets Mr Rahman :lol:

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

this could be one for king curt here. :)

what is happening with richard levi of northants? thanks. :)

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Morning, not sure how long he's out to be honest.

Alex Winter on Twitter is normally good for Northants injury info - Richard Levi's shoulder injury "doesn't look good" - looking likely to miss remaining RL50 matches. T20 QF could be target for return

This was from last Friday though.

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

many thnx kc :)

not for the first time this season, it's time to dig out the old thinking-cap. :)

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Mustard has now turned to Gloucestershire on TFC (which looks kinda strange)

Edit, Looks like any rain that is heading for both of tonight's grounds, Hove and Lords, should just about have passed by before the start.

Edit Just once small shower going over at the start time, was hoping that might have gone through, should still be ok.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Very unlucky for Sussex, poor effort from Glamorgan but good news for my Essex players as that 4th place is theirs to lose now. Only Surrey have a chance there.

The North group is still right in the mix, need to give it some thought tomorrow.

Managed to scrape 199 points together, now just inside the top 70.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

grr shot myself in both feet, discovered that I have excess captain changes :(

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Fantasist wrote: The North group is still right in the mix, need to give it some thought tomorrow.

I fancy Derbyshire to scrape in. Durham have lost Mustard and there is no Stokes...it's difficult to see them posting a big score. Lancs v Warwicks could go either way but I think Lancs are stronger and if they turn up they should beat Warwicks. Whoever qualies in 4th in the North table I have little coverage in my teams...I just hope we get full play tomorrow and the rain doesn't ruin things.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Bit similar to last night, showers around, they don't look that bad, and all should finish, having said that, some of the showers do spring up and they are short sharp and heavy........ but hopefully nothing as so desperate as Hove last night.

The showers have been springing up just west of Manchester all day and its been pretty horrible I expect, it does look like they have stopped, but they were just
appearing so impossible to predict.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

No Malan according to beeb so Middlesex look even more loaded with bowlers than they did yesterday and they've won the toss and opted to bat :shock: dont think I fancy Klinger as captain tonight.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

And Nassar has just said Klinger never fails .............. :roll:

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Blood and sand. Was just making decent headway and Malan came in as captain last night. :(

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

So Durham edge 4th in the north and Essex in the south. Be interesting to see the updates tonight - I reckon the popular captain picks will be Bopara and Ingram going into tonights games. One of those has yielded 344 points the other next to nothing.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Luckily I had Captain Colin. Fairly unspectacular stuff from most of the others in my team, but only one player to ditch after tonight so quite content with the outcome I think.

Luck of the draw now though on what order the QF's will be!

Confirmed order:
Notts v Essex
Northants v Middlesex
Gloucester v Durham
Glamorgan v Yorkshire

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

think there could be some big scores tonight

swear I captained Roy :x

Irani
Kevin and Perry

Post by Irani »

Fantasist wrote:Luckily I had Captain Colin. Fairly unspectacular stuff from most of the others in my team, but only one player to ditch after tonight so quite content with the outcome I think.

Luck of the draw now though on what order the QF's will be!

Confirmed order:
Notts v Essex
Northants v Middlesex
Gloucester v Durham
Glamorgan v Yorkshire
As a Notts fan don't like the thought of playing Essex.... Should win but have too often found ways not to...... Going for a finals day line up of Essex, Middlesex, Gloucs, Yorkshire.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

wizardoffire wrote:Im going to go out on a limb and say that the Rapids won't make it
Anyone from the North still has a chance to join Northants, Notts and Warwickshire

The South seems far more straight forward
Glamorgan and Gloucester are certainly into the next round. Essex will join them.
Then its a toss up between Surrey/Sussex/Middlesex. I would love to see my home county make it but they lost too many close games. Of those 3,I reckon it will be either Sussex or Surrey but I have a sneaky feeling that Middlesex might creep in :shock:

really thought the Bears would make it, 2 out of the 4 but my south prediction looks darn good 8-)

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Going for a finals day of the 4 home teams Glos Glam Notts Northants

Fixtures updated, working on Olympics events https://goo.gl/vuB0XH

Edit Just checked my scores, whow my top team scored 955 points in one day....jumped up about 400 places I think.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”