To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC t20 Blast 2016

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

TFC t20 Blast 2016

Post by getfunky »

So it all starts again tomorrow & we haven't got a thread started yet & with the first bit of squad news available I figured it was about time we did.

Birmingham Bears: Ian Bell (Captain), Rikki Clarke, Varun Chopra, Laurie Evans, Recordo Gordon, Sam Hain, Oliver Hannon-Dalby, Ateeq Javid, Jeetan Patel, William Porterfield, Josh Poysden, Luke Ronchi (Wicket-Keeper), Chris Woakes

Leicestershire: Mark Pettini (capt), Mark Cosgrove, Kevin O'Brien, Umar Akmal, Niall O'Brien, Lewis Hill, Neil Dexter, Tom Wells, Rob Taylor, Ben Raine, Clint McKay, Jigar Naik, James Sykes

Surrey: Batty(capt), Burke, Burns, S.Curran, T.Curran, Davies, Foakes, Mahmood, Meaker, Pillans, Roy, Sangakkara, Sibley, Wilson

Glouc: Klinger (captain), Bancroft, Cockbain, Dent, Howell, Liddle, Marshall, Miles, Noema-Barnett, Payne, Roderick, Smith, J Taylor, M Taylor, Van Buuren

Sussex: Will Beer, Danny Briggs, Ben Brown, Craig Cachopa, Harry Finch, George Garton, Matt Machan, Tymal Mills, Chris Nash, Ollie Robinson, Phil Salt, Ajmal Shahzad, Ross Taylor, Luke Wright (c)

Kent: Northeast, Denly, DBD, Latham, Stevens, Blake, Cowdrey, Dickson, Coles, Claydon, Griffiths, Tredwell, Qayyum, Rouse, Ball, Hunn, Thomas (17 man squad? that's helpful)

Notts: Dan Christian, Matthew Carter, Luke Fletcher, Harry Gurney, Brett Hutton, Michael Lumb, Steven Mullaney, Samit Patel, Chris Read, Greg Smith, Brendan Taylor, Riki Wessels, Sam Wood

Somerset: Allenby (c), Myburgh, Trego, Hildreth, Van der Merw, Davies (wk), Gregory, J Overton, C Overton, Leask, Arafat, Groenewald, Waller

Essex: Bopara (c), Ryder, Westley, Lawrence, Ten Doeschate, Zaidi, Foster, Napier, Riaz, Masters, Dixon, Porter

Northants: Wakely, Crook, Azharullah, Cobb, Keogh, Stone, Prassana, Levi, Rossington, Duckett, White, Sanderson, Klienveldt

I also read earlier that Chris Wood is out for the season in case he's in anyone's team.

Good luck everyone
Last edited by getfunky on 19 May 2016, 19:13, edited 3 times in total.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Re: TFC t20 Blast 2016

Post by The Catman »

Thanks gf

Durham: Mark Stoneman (c), Phil Mustard (wk), Keaton Jennings, Paul Collingwood, Michael Richardson, Ryan Pringle, Scott Borthwick, Stuart Poynter, Calum MacLeod, James Weighell, Barry McCarthy, Usman Arshad, Paul Coughlin

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

does anyone know when Jayawardene joins up with the squad?
Last edited by getfunky on 19 May 2016, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

That is a good question ref Jayawardene, he is commentating at the Test Match, (he is one of the better overseas ones as well I might add) A bit strange why he is
missing the 1st game, it doesn't say, perhaps he is keeping his options open, because he is alright at commentating. Perhaps he has an injury but it doesn't say that.

http://www.bridgwatermercury.co.uk/spor ... r_at_Kent/

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

I checked on the bbc & it says he's playing in 12 of the 14 games but it doesn't specify which two games he misses, maybe it's the first two or like you said, maybe he's just injured.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Well that sort of fits in, because then he can commentate on the 1st 2 Tests, and Somerset play their 1st two T20 games away. So then they play both Gayle and Jayawardene in their 1st home game on 3rd June. Somerset have just about sold out their home games.
Last edited by ooozzzie on 19 May 2016, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Gayle is due to start his six-match run-fest at Sussex on 1st June, then his first scheduled home match is Friday 3rd June against Essex.

I'll check and see if any of that has changed and try to find out about Mahela. I've purchased a seven day pass for all Somerset's T20 home games this season, so hopefully at least one of them will not be rained off. On the other hand, actually going to a few games will make T20 transfers almost impossible to get right!

Edit: Thanks for the squad news getfunky (and Catty), much appreciated.
Last edited by Fantasist on 19 May 2016, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Gayle's RCB are just hitting form, and look like qualifying, although they one final game this weekend. If they do qualify and did get to the final that is 29th May so
June 1st is of course possible, probably has flight booked for 30th! Then he has 8 games as you say, then off to the Caribbean for their T20 bash. Sounds great having a pass for all games, enjoy, looks like they are going for it.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Cheers ooozzzie, hopefully it turns out that way. I had a freebie last year for the home match against Middlesex and the damn thing was rained off (in fact it was clear that would be the case from early morning). The last game I saw live was, I dunno, 2013? It was the Northants v Durham QF when Willey was superb. Looking forward to some big-hitting and will make sure I park the car out of town :wink:

I don't follow these foreign comps so perhaps that might affect his arrival. I believe it's only six he plays (as long as he plays the home games I won't mind). Mahela as was mentioned is due to play 12 out of 14. I'll see if anyone 'in the know' can shed any light on when he starts up as I have no idea.

02bburco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by 02bburco »

can someone post a link to the fixture grid to this thread please?

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

02bburco wrote:can someone post a link to the fixture grid to this thread please?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8cR7O ... RyQnM/view

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

For anyone thinking about players from God's own county, the forecast for Saturday at Old Trafford is heavy rain - and the addition of Guptill and Buttler for next Friday when Mumbai get knocked out this weekend (I hope!) means working out who'd play on both Saturday and next Friday is guesswork.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Yorkshire don't play at Old Trafford... :roll:

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

The Catman wrote:Yorkshire don't play at Old Trafford... :roll:
They forgot to play at Old Trafford last year ... :D

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

wld wrote:
    The Catman wrote:Yorkshire don't play at Old Trafford... :roll:
    They forgot to play at Old Trafford last year ... :D
    True, but we were concentrasting on bigger things.

wizardoffire
    Dumbledore
    FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

jealous of all of you going to watch games :oops:

wld
    Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

wizardoffire wrote:jealous of all of you going to watch games :oops:
    There'll be a lot of cold and wet people if that makes you feel any better!

The first Friday night match last year was when I realised my son had grown up. It was bitter at Old Trafford so I offered him my fleece as you do for your children but he said he was fine - only to find out later that he was freezing but he'd wanted to look after me! Just glad we finally won the thing last year to share the moment before he outgrows sitting with his old dad!

wizardoffire
    Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

wld wrote:
    wizardoffire wrote:jealous of all of you going to watch games :oops:
    There'll be a lot of cold and wet people if that makes you feel any better!

The first Friday night match last year was when I realised my son had grown up. It was bitter at Old Trafford so I offered him my fleece as you do for your children but he said he was fine - only to find out later that he was freezing but he'd wanted to look after me! Just glad we finally won the thing last year to share the moment before he outgrows sitting with his old dad!

not really, just rather cricket deprived :oops:

awww, thats nice, takes me back going to watching games with my dad, now just memories after he passed away unexpectedly a couple of years ago :cry:
    Always the same seats in the Frank Wooley stand, some amazing memories sitting there watching some fantastic players grace the field. One that still stands out the most was Carl Hooper destroying Nottinghamshire, 6s raining down on top of the roof

Ducks Deluxe
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Well done for starting the thread ,Wizard! I was going to start one myself, if only to prevent the main thread from being swamped!

I freely admit that I dislike 'hit and hope'.....but accept that it is here to stay.. I will not be entering any teams this year as I will not be able to do the micro management required..... plus I am utterly garbage but generally have a few for a chuckle!

I dread to think of the impact of injury and rotation on the main game..... Hmmmmm

Oh,having had a quick scan at the squads.....does this mean that Klinger is here for the Summer ,ie,is he playing in all formats and is he fit?
    Q
    Good luck to all.....I hope that all the glittering prizes go you fine, dedicated folk!

Best wishes...... DD...

ooozzzie
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

02bburco wrote:can someone post a link to the fixture grid to this thread please?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =744682578

Fantasist
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Good luck all, looking forward to this. I have my team set up, but as I'm having only one as usual, there are lots of names that are still tempting me to make changes.

More for my benefit so I can check again later, here are a few that I don't have but might yet include!

Batsmen: Klinger, Luke Wright, Northeast, Wessels, Roy, Whiteley, ten Doeschate
    AR: Samit, Stevo, Raine, Bopara, Santner, Chesney
    WK: Wheater, Duckett, Ronchi
    Bowlers: Arshad, Coles, Claydon, Arafat, Hogan, McKay, Azharullah, Plunkett, Kleinveldt, Wahab Riaz

ooozzzie
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

One for Nana, Dale Steyn has signed a 7 game deal with Glamorgan. He is the same boat as the rest of the IPL players that qualify as the Lions will, if he goes onto the final on 29th May then its a rush to make the game here on the 1st, and Glamorgan will confirm what is going on later.

So we have from IPL

Buttler and Guptil Mumbai Indians Probably won't qualify but have outside chance.
    Gayle RCB Probably will qualify but outside chance might not
    Steyn and McCullum Gujart Lions Will qualify
    Sam Billings Dehli have to win today AND Sunday to qualify, Should win today, but play RCB on Sunday.
    Andre Russell KKR 50/50 to qualify must win last game, however missed yesterdays game injured leg.

banana
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

squid news for the wets:

WORCS: Mitchell Clarke Kohler-Cadmore Whiteley Santner D'Oliveira Cox Leach Barnard Henry Shantry Russell Morris Kervezee

Rick Spangle
    Grumpy Old Man
    FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

Luke Wright won't make the first T20 game as his back's still not quite right (from his own twitter feed).
    https://twitter.com/lukewright204/statu ... 8137982976

wizardoffire
    Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

Must say going through my teams and making a few last min alterations... surprised at some of the ownership numbers and also on closer inspection some of the players and where they have been categorised

The Catman
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

wizardoffire wrote:Must say going through my teams and making a few last min alterations... surprised at some of the ownership numbers and also on closer inspection some of the players and where they have been categorised
    .....such as? :D :D :D

wizardoffire
    Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

Ben Raine for example less than 3% of teams

Trego as a batsmen... yes please 8-)

There was also a bowler or two that surprised me, I fully expect to see him higher owned but dont think he is in the country just yet

The Catman
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

Not sure Trigger bowls that much , even in T20 these days.....cue 5-for :oops:

That bowler will be in my team's when he is available :D

Teams chosen, good luck everyone!
    Last edited by The Catman on 20 May 2016, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

Rick Spangle
    Grumpy Old Man
    FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

Indeed - last year, 2 overs in the entire comp - for 30 runs!

Maldini
    Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

*quickly looks through bowler list*

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”