Re: TFC 2016 - July to Sept - team news and chat

Post by banana »

ooozzzie wrote:Prediction Yorkshire go to Egbaston for finals day. :P
are you toootally sure of that? otherwise i'll sue you 4 giving false info. :x

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:but there is the issue of how the expression of the vanity becomes manifest as regards it's disregard for all established and widely accepted human values......DD
good point, dd. i would argue that the vanity creates those widely accepted human values

eg: daesh has created a new value system based on a murderous hatred of everything which is not daesh-approved.

daesh and the olympics are the same. both create morons who slavishly follow a value system which serves a ruling elite. the only difference is that one is sponsored by coca-cola and the other one probably isn't.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Ooozzzie, I had written a lengthy message about Elounda and it vanished.... Sorry, will try again tomorrow...

In the meantime..on the subject of 'Nana Uber Alles.......Congrats ,Oh Super Yellow Bendy One!!

DD...

PS....if I had got my two super 8 trans through today alone.....I would have a useful lead with my last team instead of getting stuffed...... Sigh...Hope I get to the bottom of this.....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Ok have PM you DD.

2 Championship games start today, the Glamorgan v Northants will have live streaming with commentary on their website http://www.glamorgancricket.com/stream.html There are a few showers around but nothing like the last 2 days, but might get a brief stop for rain.

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Only two I've found so far:

Durham Squad vs Somerset (4-7 August): Paul Collingwood (c), Mark Stoneman, Keaton Jennings, Scott Borthwick, Jack Burnham, Michael Richardson, Adam Hickey, Stuart Poynter, Mark Wood, Paul Coughlin, Usman Arshad, Chris Rushworth, Graham Onions

Yorkshire 13-man squad to face Warwickshire:
Tim Bresnan, Jack Brooks, Andrew Gale (Captain), Andrew Hodd (wicketkeeper), Travis Head, Jack Leaning, Alex Lees, Adam Lyth, Steven Patterson, Azeem Rafiq, Adil Rashid, Ryan Sidebottom, David Willey.

Good luck with the hinge and bracket. The trick is to be totally incompetent at things like that - they never ask you to do any DIY again.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

... following on from Doogal while i watch the Windies battle on. Got to keep Bridgend's Frank Spencer happy, don't want curry sauce on the keyboard later.

A full house. Even The Bears. Wiese here for Sussex.

Lancashire - 13 - Buck, Clark, Croft (captain), Hameed, Jarvis, Kerrigan, Livingstone, Mahmood, Moores, Parkinson, Petersen, Procter, Smith

Hampshire - 13 - Adams, Alsop, Smith (captain), Weatherley, Wheater, Dawson, Berg, McManus, McLaren, Andrew, Best, Crane, Wheal

Middlesex - 14 - James Franklin (capt), George Bailey, Nick Compton, Stephen Eskinazi, Nick Gubbins, James Harris, Ryan Higgins, Dawid Malan, Tim Murtagh, Harry Podmore, Ollie Rayner, Toby Roland-Jones, John Simpson (wk), Paul Stirling

Surrey - 12 - Gareth Batty (capt), Zafar Ansari, Rory Burns, Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Steven Davies, Aaron Finch, Ben Foakes, Mark Footitt, Stuart Meaker, Jason Roy, Dominic Sibley

Somerset - 13 - Chris Rogers (c), Marcus Trescothick, Tom Abell, James Hildreth, Jim Allenby, Peter Trego, Roelof van der Merwe, Lewis Gregory , Ryan Davies (wk), Craig Overton , Tim Groenewald , Jack Leach and Josh Davey

Durham - 13 - Paul Collingwood (c), Mark Stoneman, Keaton Jennings, Scott Borthwick, Jack Burnham, Michael Richardson, Adam Hickey, Stuart Poynter, Mark Wood, Paul Coughlin, Usman Arshad, Chris Rushworth, Graham Onions

Yorkshire - 13 - Tim Bresnan, Jack Brooks, Andrew Gale (Captain), Andrew Hodd (wicketkeeper), Travis Head, Jack Leaning, Alex Lees, Adam Lyth, Steven Patterson, Azeem Rafiq, Adil Rashid, Ryan Sidebottom, David Willey.

Warwickshire - 14 - Ian Bell (Captain), Tim Ambrose (Wicket-Keeper), Keith Barker, Varun Chopra, Rikki Clarke, Recordo Gordon, Sam Hain, Oliver Hannon-Dalby, Ateeq Javid, Jeetan Patel, Josh Poysden, Jonathan Trott, Andy Umeed, Chris Wright

Essex - 13 - Ryan ten Doeschate (27), captain, James Foster (7) wicket-keeper, Callum Taylor (67), Ashar Zaidi (99), Nick Browne (10), Graham Napier (17), David Masters (9), Matt Quinn (94), Tom Westley (21), Dan Lawrence (28), Ravi Bopara (25), Jaik Mickleburgh (32), Jamie Porter (44)

Sussex - 14 - Jofra Archer, Will Beer, Danny Briggs, Ben Brown (wkt), Christian Davis, Harry Finch, Chris Jordan, Ed Joyce, Steve Magoffin, Chris Nash, Luke Wells, Stuart Whittingham, David Wiese, Luke Wright (c)

Leics - 13 - Paul Horton, Angus Robson, Neil Dexter, Mark Cosgrove, Mark Pettini, Niall O’Brien, Ned Eckersley, Lewis Hill, Ben Raine, Clint McKay, Rob Jones, Charlie Shreck, Rob Sayer

Derbyshire - 13 - Billy Godleman, Hamish Rutherford, Chesney Hughes, Wayne Madsen, Neil Broom, Ben Slater, Shiv Thakor, Alex Hughes, Alex Mellor, Tom Milnes, Matt Critchley, Callum Parkinson, Tony Palladino

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Thanks KC, very helpful!

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Plunkett dropped for Sidebottom? :(

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

No Bopara playing... Is he injured or just being rested?

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

getfunky wrote:No Bopara playing... Is he injured or just being rested?

Twitter speaks of 'illness' and 'sickness'.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Feeling a bit gloomy about the old Super 8

Quinn
Podmore
Plunkett

& Abell's 2nd duck

was 100 clear last night ....

& Abell's 3rd duck of the week - surely a record
Last edited by jimwinn on 05 Aug 2016, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Weather near enough perfect....... and that's not just today.....for the next 2 or 3 weeks !! Garden here we come :P

EmmaI
Kevin and Perry

Post by EmmaI »

Hi nana, dux, doogal and others

Can you guys post your non cricket related comments elsewhere please. It's really annoying to have to wade through car rentals, house renovations and all the other rubbish to get to the cricket related stuff.

Everyone, else, please keep the cricket stuff coming :D

Thanks

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Is it my imagination, or have a number of recent posts ,including 'Nana's Tour de Force Meisterwerk ( so to speak....) and the appreciation of it by a few of us......simply disappeared in the past hour......hmm??

This seems rather sad.....

DD.....

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Is it my imagination, or have a number of recent posts ,including 'Nana's Tour de Force Meisterwerk ( so to speak....) and the appreciation of it by a few of us......simply disappeared in the past hour......hmm??

DD.....
oh so much clutter :roll: did manage to catch nanas handywork :lol: silly nana for forgetting a spirit level :P they should have appreciated it just like the slope at Lords 8-)
I could understand say in a football forum but in a cricket forum where there is far less activity even including cricket related posts, that navigating is such a trial and tribulation

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Hello Wiz....I like to think that we are a community of friends and that blethering on a bit thickens the stew.

As the great CLR James said, 'What do they know of cricket who only cricket know?'

DD...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Is it my imagination, or have a number of recent posts ,including 'Nana's Tour de Force Meisterwerk ( so to speak....) and the appreciation of it by a few of us......simply disappeared in the past hour......hmm??

DD.....
I will look into setting up a new forum, that's outrageous. Won't be today but I am not having my posts deleted when I have said nothing wrong, that's not on.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

There is always the suff that doesn't fit anywhere else forum or setting up a fiso blog for non cricket stuff

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

EmmaI wrote:Hi nana, dux, doogal and others

Can you guys post your non cricket related comments elsewhere please. It's really annoying to have to wade through car rentals, house renovations and all the other rubbish to get to the cricket related stuff.

Thanks
no problem. :D is there any particular time of day that you would like me to report squad news for you? :)

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Thanks
Right well, can you confirm or dismiss the point that a few of us have been discussing this afternoon that you "reported our posts" If you did, would you please stop it. If you haven't then please post to that effect and I will contact admin directly. Thank you. But the way WE see it is that you lurk on here read all the information, then don't like our chat and WE think you have reported it. Which I think any rational person will think isn't right. Look forward to your reply. But in the mean time I don't expect a lot of information will be posted on here, and if you confirm you have done it, and continue to, we will move. So you ain't going to get your way.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

This is clearly silly. I don't know any of you guys well as am a relative newbie but half the joy of the cricket forum is the general meanderings of topic. Something akin to "blowers" red busses in commentary.

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

Thanks
Blimey, what a cheeky post. How about you spend a fraction of the time we spend trawling through numerous websites & twitter pages to provide you with this info & just scroll past the posts you don't want to read?

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

Jezza3 wrote:This is clearly silly. I don't know any of you guys well as am a relative newbie but half the joy of the cricket forum is the general meanderings of topic. Something akin to "blowers" red busses in commentary.
Agree with this, if those posters want to have a bit of natter to go with the cricket news/info then what is wrong with that? If someone has been reporting this then why don't THEY move there selves to a different forum instead of interfering with regular poster's enjoyment and being spoil sports!!
I don't personally join in this conversation but I quite enjoy reading the posts that do - even if a majority is not cricket related.

EmmaI
Kevin and Perry

Post by EmmaI »

Well well. I spent the day catching pokemon in the park, have just got indoors, and had a quick look at my fantasy cricket team and thought I'd catch up with any news on here.

YES. I did report off topic posts, and will continue to do so. These off topic posts have been going on for ages now, and it's not one or two. I politely asked earlier for quiz questions to be moved somewhere else. So guy's, and any girls, it's easy to start another thread about car rentals, house renovations, and all the other stuff.

Good luck everyone for the rest of the game.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Thread locked as there is now a new thread to continue with TFC discussions (and otherwise).

Accepted that FC threads have a more relaxed atmosphere to busier areas of the forum, there have been few (or possibly no) issues in here over the years for mods to deal with and I make no apologies for the mods that came across multiple reports for the way that they handled them, they followed set protocols. Possibly if there were more mods with an interest in FC then the reports MAY have been handled differently, but then again may not have been.

Emma1 appears to want the info provided by the regular FC posters, but not the side chat without realising that the side chat is exactly what brings these posters together to provide the information in the first place, remove one and you remove both. You really need to be able to scroll through posts you have little/ no interest in to get to the ones you want, or even get involved in the side chat too. Similar reports in future are now likely to be closed without too much thought.

I've removed the last few posts in the thread, mod bashing is explicitly against forum rules, if you don't like what we do then there are channels to go through for mod actions to be reviewed. Public whining about over/ under modding depending on your own personal likes/ dislikes of topics/ posters isn't going to go very far whilst I'm the final arbiter.

I'm easy to contact if you have something to say, about anything regarding the forums and how they're modded, doing it in public doesn't work.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”