To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2016 T20 World Cup - fantasy game/league

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Re: 2016 T20 World Cup - fantasy game/league

Post by Sport Billy »

You can start changing for the second game in the day as soon as the first one has started. Current game says live scoring, second game says manage team. So for 5 hours each day you'll have a chance to make changes for the second game

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Sport Billy wrote:You can start changing for the second game in the day as soon as the first one has started. Current game says live scoring, second game says manage team. So for 5 hours each day you'll have a chance to make changes for the second game
    Sure, but being able to make your changes when the sides are known and toss made gives a pretty big advantage.

Maldini
    Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

It does.

Had to make my changes for the Ireland game before I went into a meeting.

Just got out. Where the chuff is George Dockrell? :roll:

wizardoffire
    Dumbledore
    FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

good luck all... sitting this one out, would be transferring blind due to the time zones here :(
    nearly TFC season though :D

Iksh
    Red & Blue Braces
    FS Record: 5th- SUN Europe 2016-17
    2nd-Sun world cup dreamteam 2014
    Winner John Morrison Champions League 2015-16

Post by Iksh »

Ireland vs Oman was a good game. some of the shots their guys played were really good.

Especially the shot where Ali feigned that he was gonna walk across the wicket and then stood his ground and hit for 4.

getfunky
    Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

Is there no way to schedule transfers/captain changes like on the IPL one last year or am I being blind?

I'm too finding this too inconvenient, by the time I get to work the first game is 3-4 overs in & I have no time in the morning to sort it out. Scheduling would've helped. Think I'll pass on this.

ooozzzie
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

No, but I remember the last one, as you say we could programme the next couple of games to help with this problem. This one you can only transfer after the game before has been locked out, at 9.30am and 2pm. So yes very difficult for those working. I am alright at the moment, but will be stuffed later. I suppose the best way is to make your changes in the evening for the 1st game, and then at lunch time for the 2nd game. Not easy though.

This goes back to what I was saying on other thread unfortunately, they don't really think beyond lets get as many clicks and visitors on our website as they can. Maybe not so much the telegraph, but 100% the ICC.
    Last edited by ooozzzie on 10 Mar 2016, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

Maldini
    Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Thought I'd finally nailed a half decent captain in Williams only to discover when logging in to make changes for next game that the captain change hasn't registered. Still got Stirling of Ireland.

So in my best Duncan Bannatyne voice...I'm Oot!

ooozzzie
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Maldini wrote:Thought I'd finally nailed a half decent captain in Williams only to discover when logging in to make changes for next game that the captain change hasn't registered. Still got Stirling of Ireland.

So in my best Duncan Bannatyne voice...I'm Oot!
    Unlucky Maldini for your info Capt Williams got 208

Sport Billy
    Grumpy Old Man
    FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

Nabi really stepping up as my captain in the second game. Should allow me to make up some ground

Boddington
    FISOhead
    FS Record: 2014 Captains Picks Your Golf Travel - Winner
    2015 SuperBru F1 - UK Winner
    2015 Golf Monthly Fantasy Golf - Winner
    2018 European Tour Fantasy Race to Dubai - Runner Up
    2018/19 NCG Fantasy Golf Winter - Winner
    2019 NCG Fantasy Golf - Winner

Post by Boddington »

Sport Billy wrote:Nabi really stepping up as my captain in the second game. Should allow me to make up some ground
    I switched from Nabi to Shahzad 5 minutes before the start, which has cost me 246 points!

ooozzzie
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Boddington wrote:
    Sport Billy wrote:Nabi really stepping up as my captain in the second game. Should allow me to make up some ground
    I switched from Nabi to Shahzad 5 minutes before the start, which has cost me 246 points!
    I was going to transfer him in, I wouldn't have made him Captain, as I had already decided on that one, but he was certainly one worth transferring in, however I checked his profile and the last three innings he scored just 1 0 and 1 so I didn't bother and that was the reason. But he had a great game today..... well done SB.

Sport Billy
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

Never mind his last 3 innings! 4 for 20 at double bubble has done me nicely thank you, plus Williams as captain in the first game. A super day. Lots of transfers burned though, packing players in every day. I shall have to be more frugal in the first phase now. Only 6 more games to get through

Kris_fiso
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Anybody here getting ready for the main competition

Boddington
    FISOhead

Post by Boddington »

Kris_fiso wrote:Anybody here getting ready for the main competition
    Yup - I have mad a couple of errors to date (used an extra transfer by selecting the wrong Zadran in match 2, and using up a transfer in the Ireland game today on a player that never took to the field), but pretty happy with how this stage is going.
    I have 8 players playing in the first match tomorrow without using any transfers but only have 11 left for the rest of the stage.
    I have a feeling that more people will be selecting similar players in the next stage, which adds more importance to this stage.

ooozzzie
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Hope you checked the weather for final 2 games in the phase tomorrow in Dharamsala - Might get some play - but might not.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/in/dharms ... ast/188520

Boddington
    FISOhead

Post by Boddington »

ooozzzie wrote:Hope you checked the weather for final 2 games in the phase tomorrow in Dharamsala - Might get some play - but might not.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/in/dharms ... ast/188520
    Hope to get plenty of play as i have 5 players playing in each game.

Sport Billy
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

With me having run out of transfers two days ago, I have to say, the rain is a super thing to see! Sorry chaps, but sometimes defence is good offence!

Boddington
    FISOhead

Post by Boddington »

Sport Billy wrote:With me having run out of transfers two days ago, I have to say, the rain is a super thing to see! Sorry chaps, but sometimes defence is good offence!
    I targeted the Ban v Oman game as my big one in this stage, looks like I am going to miss out on 10 players who probably wont play today - was really hoping today would get me into the top 20.

The Catman
    Grumpy Old Man
    FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Scheduling for these qualifier matches seems to have been a disaster....made my tactic of saving transfers a pretty dumb option

Boddington
    FISOhead

Post by Boddington »

The Catman wrote:Scheduling for these qualifier matches seems to have been a disaster....made my tactic of saving transfers a pretty dumb option
    Me too - I am having a shocker. 4 of my 5 players in the last game scored 26 points between them including my captain.
    Fingers crossed for a full game in the Ban v Oman, though my choices of captain have been poor at best. Deciding not to go with Shakib Al Hasan as capt as I need to start catching up and I think everyone will have him as capt.

Sport Billy
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

The Catman wrote:Scheduling for these qualifier matches seems to have been a disaster....made my tactic of saving transfers a pretty dumb option
    Scheduling by who? What's a disaster? Schedule hasn't changed from what it always was. I'm not sure who or what you're complaining about?

Sport Billy
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

Meanwhile.....unlimited transfers for the good stuff starting!

Boddington
    FISOhead

Post by Boddington »

Sport Billy wrote:Meanwhile.....unlimited transfers for the good stuff starting!
    Yup - hoping for a really exciting tournament as there are so many class players. It should be a classic with so many potentially great matches.
    I really hope England turn up for it as we have some real match winner, on our day we can beat anyone..

The Catman
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

Sport Billy wrote:
    Scheduling by who? What's a disaster? Schedule hasn't changed from what it always was. I'm not sure who or what you're complaining about?
    Scheduling them in the mountain area at this time of year...having most of the fixtures rain affected is pretty poor

Boddington
    FISOhead

Post by Boddington »

The Catman wrote:
    Sport Billy wrote:
    Scheduling them in the mountain area at this time of year...having most of the fixtures rain affected is pretty poor
    I agree - I feel the affiliate nations have had a tough time, having spent a lot of money and time fighting for their chance to compete with the best, only to be out of the tournament after 1 game in the case of Ned and Ire. Apparently the weather encountered is typical for the time of year.

The Catman
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

Something odd with the scoring - Shakib shows as scoring 212 clicking on info - yet my Captain's points for him is 374??!

ooozzzie
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

The Catman wrote:
    Sport Billy wrote:

By the ICC Sport Billy, Dharamshala has been a complete disaster, Temperatures today around the country are pretty stable, its hot, expect of course in the mountain area (and if you check back, last year, or 50 years, 100 years the same applies) IT WAS OBVIOUS.

TODAY
    Channai 34 Sunny
    Kolkata 33 Sunny
    Mumbai 30 Sunny
    Hyderabad 38 Sunny
    Kochi 35 Sunny
    Dharamshala 12 RAINING

All this and the smaller teams were not informed of this location until 12th Nov.......4 months ago yesterday, but of course they have been there 2 weeks plus.

Perhaps scheduling, isn't quite the right word, but the locating of these fixtures has been an utter and complete disaster for the smaller teams. Hard to get
    to, not very good accommodation, poor training facilities, my mate at the ground has told me that the toilets...........well you can't even go inside them they
    are that bad, "dirty stinking disgusting mess" Cheers ICC great choice!

Opening up the can of worms then two glaringly obvious disasters. The ground holds 25,000 the smallest venue, so they put Pakistan v India there? It is the hardest to get to with poor transport links, so they put Australia v New Zealand there?

Be interesting to see how many go to the Aus v NZ game because from what I am hearing is that a lot of Indians were flying in from Delhi and Mumbai for
    the weekend to watch Aus v NZ on the Friday (tickets prices as low as £1) then Pak v Ind on the Sat and both games sold out. But because the Ind v Pak game has moved, they are no longer going, so the Aus v NZ game is sold out, but will be far from full, how full or empty it will be no-one knows.......but we will soon find out.

Ok most of that has nothing to do with Fantasy League, but it is all part of mess, and has very much spoiled the experience for the smaller teams, and hopefully
    answers your questions above in full.

Good Luck to the England Ladies............. they have two games there.

The Catman
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

Thanks Ooozzzie, yes scheduling wasn't the correct term, it was the geographical location I was referring to - pretty disastrous for Holland and Ireland's chances.

From what else you say it isn't exactly a prime stadium either.

Anyway, phase two starts tomorrow, hard to get many Indians in your fantasy team given their prices.

Good luck everyone

Sport Billy
    Grumpy Old Man

Post by Sport Billy »

I'm all set. Just one game tomorrow which helps

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”