wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Re: Fantasy NatWest T20 Blast

Post by wizardoffire »

good job Mitchell :x

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

Now the changes bug has struck me - I could of sworn I put my captaincy on a Yorkie due to their 3 game week but just logged in to see my score and it's on a Derbys player? :shock:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

bluelionman wrote:Now the changes bug has struck me - I could of sworn I put my captaincy on a Yorkie due to their 3 game week but just logged in to see my score and it's on a Derbys player? :shock:
You have to confirm the transfers after you have done them, and it's not that obvious, very easy to miss.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

been going no where in this league :shock: suddenly jumped 100 places tonight... hopefully can maintain that tomorrow night if not improve on it

still out of the running of the kent or overall league... way to far back with too much to do

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Any one any news on this game for 2016?

Signs aren't looking good with 8 days to go.

http://t20blast.fantasy.ecb.co.uk/

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Would be a shame because it was an enjoyable, well run game.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

People should message the ECB to let them know how much we enjoyed this game - strength of numbers.... 8-) :arrow:

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

yeah been wondering when this would come up
it normally works well playing this along with the tele version

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

They are tweeting to say no fantasy game this year.

Odd decision when trying to grow the appeal of the game.

Must be down to money.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Fantasy NatWest T20 Blast

Post by Maldini »

Very disappointed that NatWest and the ECB can't put a few thousand pounds into running this between them.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

NatWest T20 Blast ‏@NatWestT20Blast 2m2 minutes ago

@FS_Wizard not sure how to break this to you FantasySportsWizard. It's not happening. If you need to talk to someone we have a support line.

well thats disappointing
not sure I appreciate their way of answering my question either :shock:

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

Yeah, replies are a bit corny.

Will be a PR guy being told to be wacky.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

wizardoffire wrote:NatWest T20 Blast ‏@NatWestT20Blast 2m2 minutes ago

@FS_Wizard not sure how to break this to you FantasySportsWizard. It's not happening. If you need to talk to someone we have a support line.

well thats disappointing
I joined in, have a few (8) twitter accounts if he gets too cocky :lol:

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

ooozzzie wrote:

well thats disappointing
I joined in, have a few (8) twitter accounts if he gets too cocky :lol:
:lol: figured that was you when I saw the notification, dont know why they arent running it... it was a nice change from other cricket games. Also worked nicely, I would plan most of my moves on the telegraph in connection with that team :lol: then tended to do quite well in both versions... guess im already castled before the comp starts

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

well thats disappointing
why is their reply to you so different to the others? maybe the person genuinely believes you're an addict & might need support coping with the disappointment

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

well thats disappointing
Have you had a bad day Wizard? I found the response refreshing and vaguely amusing.

If it had been sent to me, I'd have responded in the same spirit. Inter alia, thanking him profusely for his concern. :wink:

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

Striker wrote:

well thats disappointing
Have you had a bad day Wizard? I found the response refreshing and vaguely amusing.

If it had been sent to me, I'd have responded in the same spirit. Inter alia, thanking him profusely for his concern. :wink:
you could say Im having a bad day :o they just took something away I was looking forward to :x
add in a few other matters, a bad couple of days :shock:

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bluelionman »

kingcurtley wrote:They are tweeting to say no fantasy game this year.

Odd decision when trying to grow the appeal of the game.

Must be down to money.
That really sucks I became quite partial to this game in the 2 seasons I played it.

I wonder if cricketweb has anything going on our T20 blast tournament?

Super-bru has a predictions comp.

But back to ECB/Nat West are they really that hard up to have to knock this game on the head. It defo got me taking more of an interest and think as I got others to play them to - so much so a few of us went to some matches it was fun.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Well ECB certainly hard up - reserves increased by nearly £10m last financial year :roll:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Going to be putting together a T20 team by team guide today, in it I will take a swipe at ECB/Natwest and their lack of a fantasy league, and big up the telegraph's effort. Will ensure they both get to see it.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

ooozzzie wrote:Going to be putting together a T20 team by team guide today, in it I will take a swipe at ECB/Natwest and their lack of a fantasy league, and big up the telegraph's effort. Will ensure they both get to see it.
Excellent Ooozzzie :D :D :D

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bluelionman »

ooozzzie wrote:Going to be putting together a T20 team by team guide today, in it I will take a swipe at ECB/Natwest and their lack of a fantasy league, and big up the telegraph's effort. Will ensure they both get to see it.
Nice one - really shocked by ECB/NatWests decision here - I think it's short sighted as it got me more into T20 and sure I can't be alone.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

bluelionman wrote:
Nice one - really shocked by ECB/NatWests decision here - I think it's short sighted as it got me more into T20 and sure I can't be alone.
Like I said there are very few cricket games out there. The FPL style one was highly addictive with live updates just like the cricketinc version that some of us used to play before they removed the free option.
If anything for me, the removal of this game really takes something away from me, with living in Canada, it kept me more involved in the games happening. One of my biggest pains was when cricinfo removed the live updater from the side of its page, that would notify you of a wicket/milestone.

Yeah I miss cricket a lot :oops:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

wizardoffire wrote:
bluelionman wrote:
Like I said there are very few cricket games out there. The FPL style one was highly addictive with live updates just like the cricketinc version that some of us used to play before they removed the free option.
If anything for me, the removal of this game really takes something away from me, with living in Canada, it kept me more involved in the games happening. One of my biggest pains was when cricinfo removed the live updater from the side of its page, that would notify you of a wicket/milestone.

Yeah I miss cricket a lot :oops:
You should be able to get the live feed Wiz? http://live.trentbridge.co.uk/#stream with bbc commentary now

Also another game to try is https://goo.gl/K3f4Oc Daily Fantasy Cricket, it has Free games where you can win money. You don't have to put anything in if you don't want to. Draw back that I don't like is the cut off is 30 mins before (at the toss) but that might suit you. It has live scoring as well.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bluelionman »

ooozzzie wrote:
Also another game to try is https://goo.gl/K3f4Oc Daily Fantasy Cricket, it has Free games where you can win money. You don't have to put anything in if you don't want to. Draw back that I don't like is the cut off is 30 mins before (at the toss) but that might suit you. It has live scoring as well.

Cheers I'll check it out - I did have a look on cricketweb but nothing I could see for our domestic T20 Blast though they did a game for IPL T20.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

I have done the T20 Blast write up, I will annoy the ECB with it tomorrow. http://www.legb4cricket.com/2016/05/its ... nnual.html

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

ooozzzie wrote:I have done the T20 Blast write up, I will annoy the ECB with it tomorrow. http://www.legb4cricket.com/2016/05/its ... nnual.html
nice read ooozzzie but one big faux pas
Buttler doesnt play for Somerset anymore :lol:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

wizardoffire wrote:
ooozzzie wrote:I have done the T20 Blast write up, I will annoy the ECB with it tomorrow. http://www.legb4cricket.com/2016/05/its ... nnual.html
Whoops quickly transferred, Cheers.

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

ooozzzie wrote:
wizardoffire wrote:
Whoops quickly transferred, Cheers.
Many thanks for sharing the T20 blog, ooozzzie. One more nit-pick: Voges is already here! :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”