To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fantasy NatWest T20 Blast

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Fantasy NatWest T20 Blast

Post by ooozzzie »

gilchrist1983 wrote:I'm in.
Does anyone know the best way of getting them to add players? I've asked for Oli Robinson to be added on facebook, as can't find an email address or 'contact us' section....
Hopefully they will see that, also hopefully they will have a double check once all the squads are out probably on Thursday. I always think if a player is missing
at least he is missing for everyone, not the thing you want to hear, but I expect he will get added soon.

Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Edgeways »

I'm in with Nanker Phelge, thank you.

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

And me - TGIF

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Left Arm Over entered ....

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Joined, thanks ooozzzie. Every league needs a wooden spoonist 8-)

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Post by Sport Billy »

Vicktorious are in!

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Who's Surrey Now? are in!

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Just above the average score and I don't know the Notts v Bears result even.

Above oooozzzies boys which is the most important thing. :roll:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Mr King..... Cockbain 291 :roll:

George in 2nd place ..........Rule No1......Read the Rules :lol:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Corroded Soul wrote:Just above the average score and I don't know the Notts v Bears result even.

Yes fantastic, I am so glad I PM you the rules 2 hours before kick off :shock: (wheres the dagger smiley) :twisted: (there it is)

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

kingcurtley wrote:Have set up a Fiso league - just for fun

FISO FORUM 2014
Code to join this league: 788-2081
I tried to join but it says invalid code? :?

Just realised that was 2014's code - am in now :mrgreen:

Gutted I work a late shift as seen half my picks weren't selected to play - defeats the object of picking double game week team players if they don't then play- :evil:

Kentish Womble
FISOhead

Post by Kentish Womble »

ooozzzie wrote:Mr King..... Cockbain 291 :roll:

What's the issue?

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Kentish Womble wrote:

What's the issue?
Hi, At the bottom of the fixtures lists, the system tells you which teams are playing twice in the week, and which are not playing at all. Of course
you don't have to use that information, but most do. I guess we will see the full results after the two final games in this gameweek on Monday evening. You only have five playing twice, when you could have had eight, but you got a cracking score, well done. I didn't put my case over very well.... apologies.

Kentish Womble
FISOhead

Post by Kentish Womble »

ooozzzie wrote:
Kentish Womble wrote:

What's the issue?
Hi, At the bottom of the fixtures lists, the system tells you which teams are playing twice in the week, and which are not playing at all. Of course
you don't have to use that information, but most do. I guess we will see the full results after the two final games in this gameweek on Monday evening. You only have five playing twice, when you could have had eight, but you got a cracking score, well done. I didn't put my case over very well.... apologies.
Oh I know that. It was just preferable to get big scores in one game rather than crap scores in 2.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Kentish Womble wrote:
ooozzzie wrote:
Kentish Womble wrote:

What's the issue?
Oh I know that. It was just preferable to get big scores in one game rather than crap scores in 2.
Fair play, I went for the crap route :lol:

Kentish Womble
FISOhead

Post by Kentish Womble »

Questions - if anyone can answer them as this is the first time I've played this. Why are free transfers being allowed if the gameweek hasn't finished? Also, can a captain change be made this weekend? I'd have thought that no changes could be made until after the Sussex/Gloucester match.

Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Edgeways »

KW
This is my first year of playing too (one look at our league table will confirm that!). I read it as you can make the changes now but they won't be effective until next week i.e. you can't bring an Essex player in now to score points today. The danger is obviously the player you bring in getting crocked in the meantime or otherwise not being in next week's squad. Therefore you have lost your transfer and it has been a waste..
Hope this isn't too much like teaching granny to suck eggs.

Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Edgeways »

Also and likewise captain changes aren't effective immediately. Only one captain per gameweek.

Not sure if it's a useful analogy for you, but it's more akin to Fantasy Premier League football but without the price changes ie there is no merit to early changes.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Following on from the above - it's run on the very same principles as the FPL game, as it's run by the same company; they don't put their name on the ecb site, but if you got an email confirming your entry, you'll see it's from ismgames ...
http://www.ismltd.com/
... so the game engine is similar. Hence use of a wildcard as well.

Kentish Womble
FISOhead

Post by Kentish Womble »

I like that Crofty wrote:KW
This is my first year of playing too (one look at our league table will confirm that!). I read it as you can make the changes now but they won't be effective until next week i.e. you can't bring an Essex player in now to score points today. The danger is obviously the player you bring in getting crocked in the meantime or otherwise not being in next week's squad. Therefore you have lost your transfer and it has been a waste..
Hope this isn't too much like teaching granny to suck eggs.
Thanks for that. I was going to shift out Hales as he's off to the IPL but best to hang on till next Friday. Also, not sure why all teams are public. I wish I knew my Fantasy Football Super League leader's team. :)

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

I'm still learning it I guess. Maybe you have to change your captain everyday? Like a power player in IPL. I will have missed out on bonus points for captain then as I clearly have no idea what I'm doing. :roll:

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

ooozzzie wrote:
Corroded Soul wrote:Just above the average score and I don't know the Notts v Bears result even.

Yes fantastic, I am so glad I PM you the rules 2 hours before kick off :shock: (wheres the dagger smiley) :twisted: (there it is)
:P

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Corroded Soul wrote:I'm still learning it I guess. Maybe you have to change your captain everyday? Like a power player in IPL. I will have missed out on bonus points for captain then as I clearly have no idea what I'm doing. :roll:

You can't do that, you can only change the Captain and Vice Captain before each gameweek begins, If your Captain doesnt play, then the Vice Captain stands in. If they both don't play, tough luck.

The confusing bit is that you can make alterations to the next week, as soon as gameweek 1 is locked down, but they don't take any effect. Best not to touch your team until after gameweek 1 is finished because you only get THREE free transfers per gameweek, anymore cost 50 points. Obviously the later you can put in your team for gameweek 2 the more accurate it is likely to be.

All the rules are here :wink: http://t20blast.fantasy.ecb.co.uk/a/help

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Good work, thanks! :D

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Just added myself in, I had an unexpectedly good first gameweek and will be 4th out of 22 after the next update.
I agree the logic of gameweeks, deadlines, captaincy, a player on the bench etc is far more intuitive for those who play Fantasy Premier League.

Now I just need to learn something about cricket :)
I kid, slightly. But I haven't got a clue who is any good, county or player-wise. I tend to spend 3 months ignoring the T20 and then 12 hours getting hammered on finals day.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

OIEIAO wrote: I agree the logic of gameweeks, deadlines, captaincy, a player on the bench etc is far more intuitive for those who play Fantasy Premier League.
I think football is so limited fantasy game wise, very one-dimensional.

You can score a goal, make an assist, keep a clean sheet whereas cricket offers so much more statistically that makes picking the right captain a much more varied and interesting decision, let alone players who might do not so well in bowling but redeeem themselves with the bat.

I will play fantasy football still but cricket is where it's at for me.

At least until someone invents Fantasy Marriage. :mrgreen:

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

You might find this useful for planning your transfers around double gameweeks:
cricket.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Thanks, that's a helpful chart for the ECB game :)

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

What do people who played this last year feel are the top tips for this game?

I'm doing fairly well so far despite little insight into county cricket. So far I've been focussing on loading up DGW players. I had 7 last week and have 8 for today's gameweek out of a maximum possible 12 (6 teams are playing twice).

It looks like there is more points potential in the batsmen and all-rounders than in wicketkeepers and bowlers so I assume this is where the money should be spent. Perhaps a bench strategy like FPL would work where you try and alternate two cheap bowlers as 12th man depending on who has the easier/double fixtures.

With only 10 points for a catch or stumping the points potential for wicketkeepers is limited and it looks sensible to just have one that scores some runs. The 6.0 guy at Lancashire is a cheap example.

Do people feel the budget is tight? To me it doesn't really so far so maybe my logic above of picking up "cheapies" is false.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

I had a strategy mainly based on a DGW method, but then the likes of Pettini ruined that. Now that MacLeod and Scotland has caused another issue, I've just used my wildcard, more in order to straighten the team out going forwards. Ironically, there weren't many DGW players that really appealed this week, but from next week onwards I have a very clear plan of action now.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”