To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New County Championship Thread 9th June Onwards

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Re: New County Championship Thread 9th June Onwards

Post by primitive man »

Cheers DD Roverinexile and ooozzzie for the congrats
Bit closer than I would have liked but only had 8 transfers on last day and got captain and wkt keeper wrong and no stoneman just 3 batsman but luckily there was little value on last day
Next week just 3 days will be more competitive

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Congrats PM! And to Surrey for winning the title, well deserved.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

My final team in for the weekly this week, off to the pub to have a listen.

Darn put in Porter then took him out at 10.26 for Henry.

Oh the pain..... 7

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

My last weekly effort in at about 7am...Weather seemed fair all over...

So far the games in Leeds and Somerset called off as draws and Bell retired hurt...Six of my team wiped out!

Business as usual here...😂

DD

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

With the Gloucester game off I am now down to three players!

When I checked the weather at about 4am the only issue appeared to be some periodic light rain at Headingly...😢

DD.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 13:36 With the Gloucester game off I am now down to three players!

When I checked the weather at about 4am the only issue appeared to be some periodic light rain at Headingly...😢

DD.
It's all over now DD...and we are all down to zero players...until Monday :D

Until then, maybe you and other FISO men can help me win my super league....I'm in second....200 odd from first...and 100 above third..chasing pack gave up a long way back....we all seem to have the usual suspects....1 transfer and 1 captain change left...last game coming up....who to stick in and captain to make up that 200 :?:

Also...just read this great article about who plays the most cricket...

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/ ... st-cricket

enjoy :D :D :D

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Interesting article,Wacky!

I am the last person in the planet to be able to give advice...thus I have taken my eye off the proverbial ball over the past number of weeks and will be left with too many captain changes plus adequate transfers for the usual last week chaos...not chasing anything of significance...

Unlikely to be available at the correct time on Monday so might have to make "blind" transfers on Sunday evening.....that always works out well for me!😅

Good luck,chums!

DD...

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

Post by Fatbellywobblebottom »

Gents (& ladies?) - Not sure I'm going to be able to get back on line before the end of the season but as a FISO 'Newbie' this year can I just say thanks to all those who have contributed. The team info and general chit chat provided has made the season even more enjoyable than usual. I'm still rubbish and have failed to learn not to burn my transfers too early (like I always do) but there you go!

Hope you all have an successful last week (if it stops raining) and a relaxing winter and looking forward to next season already. Right, off to prepare my 'Master spreadsheet' for next year and will keep an eye on here for anything that can help :D :D :D :D

Cheers
Dave

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Waikikamukau wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 00:31
Ducks Deluxe wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 13:36 With the Gloucester game off I am now down to three players!

DD.
It's all over now DD...and we are all down to zero players...until Monday :D

Until then, maybe you and other FISO men can help me win my super league....I'm in second....200 odd from first...and 100 above third..chasing pack gave up a long way back....we all seem to have the usual suspects....1 transfer and 1 captain change left...last game coming up....who to stick in and captain to make up that 200 :?:

Also...just read this great article about who plays the most cricket...

http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/ ... st-cricket

enjoy :D :D :D
Fascinating article - I know who plays the least cricket Durham players. How many 4 day games do they manage to finish in 2.
Making up 200 points with 1 transfer will be difficult. All you can do is make sure you have a playing captain for each of the 4 days. So save the transfer til later in the week unless you dont have a full compliment of playing bowlers in the starting XIs.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Autumn kicking in with the last game of the season. Good luck for anyone with anything still to play for.

A few notable absentees from squads for this round: Abbas, Brathwaite, Archer, Onions, Will Smith

Possible delayed start at Worcester due to a wet outfield, but weather generally looking good.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Another absentee as far as I can see is Joe Clarke (now Notts).

LondonFife
Treebeard

Post by LondonFife »

He may not play I suppose - but Clarke is still in Worcs squad for today so don't panic transfer him out yet everybody!!!!

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

LondonFife wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 09:59 He may not play I suppose - but Clarke is still in Worcs squad for today so don't panic transfer him out yet everybody!!!!
Yes you are right still in old squad - despite reading over weekend he had moved "with immediate effect" to Notts and then not being in their squad. And amazingly Worcs have posted a squad.

Don't forget 4 day county match Surrey v Essex on Sky this week. I had though it would be Warks v Kent as it was the Division decider and nothing at stake at Oval.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

A couple of games streaming via their websites or YouTube - Somerset/Notts and Sussex/Northants

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Thanks for the bowling tip primitave man ...gained 100+ today :D Have just the one captain change left now which I think I'll save for the last day :D...Not sure who to go with...all depends on Middlesex posting a decent score, and a bit of reverse on Thursday :D

And....AMAZING skills...especially those FISO quarterbacks leading the charge....top three:

Code: Select all

1	Matthew Hamer	Heyward	25932
2	Greg Meenaghan	Season 1	25808
3	Thomas Sherlock	Abbott and Costello	25664

Good luck mchammer

Enjoy :D :D :D

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Having been to the first 2 days of the Middlesex match I think that Msex will go on to win the match now. It looks sure it will stretch into a fourth day it kind of depends how many sessions it takes to bowl Msex out 2 or 3. Both sides rely on a pace attack so if they want something different will have to try a bits n pieces bowler Malan, or Steele or Harte. Can see Msex batting all day 3 or near enough and leaving Durham with a stiff total to find on day 4.

All you can do now is make sure your fantasy team is competitive down to the wire.

MCHamer
Kevin and Perry

Post by MCHamer »

Well I'm just about getting over losing the lead on the last day by 3pts!

My team was a bit of a sitting duck with no Surrey or Essex players. It was a bit of rollercoaster those last few weeks and if you are out there, well played to Thomas and Greg. I thought Greg would beat me but Thomas finished so well.

I ended with Denly, Mullaney, Mitchell, Wells, Higgins, Brown, Barnard(c), Barker, Henry, Sanderson, and Robinson.

So many decisions could have made the difference but not captaining Henry in the penultimate week and bringing in Mullaney and not Moeen in the last week hurt me.

It's still the best game out there and it's been a cracking county season. I dearly hope TFC is back next season.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

MCHamer wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 15:11 Well I'm just about getting over losing the lead on the last day by 3pts!

My team was a bit of a sitting duck with no Surrey or Essex players. It was a bit of rollercoaster those last few weeks and if you are out there, well played to Thomas and Greg. I thought Greg would beat me but Thomas finished so well.

I ended with Denly, Mullaney, Mitchell, Wells, Higgins, Brown, Barnard(c), Barker, Henry, Sanderson, and Robinson.

So many decisions could have made the difference but not captaining Henry in the penultimate week and bringing in Mullaney and not Moeen in the last week hurt me.

It's still the best game out there and it's been a cracking county season. I dearly hope TFC is back next season.
Well played mchammer :D :D :D

Really thought you'd bring it home for the FISO crowd...still...topping the 50s is some mighty consolation :D :D :D

Surprised you had Wells and Barker and thought you had Burns :shock:

Anyway...I thoroughly enjoyed playing the whole season, reading all the comments here, and hopefully I contributed in some small way :D

Shame it's over, and really looking forward to playing next year :D :D :D

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Well played mchamer unlucky just 3 points in it who woud believe.

In the weekly the guy who was leading KB had about 150 points lead going into the last day and finished 4th - how did they manage that - thought the weekly was over on the weds night.

Great game wether its the seasonal or the weekly roll on next season.

KB1981

Post by KB1981 »

primitive man wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 10:21 Well played mchamer unlucky just 3 points in it who woud believe.

In the weekly the guy who was leading KB had about 150 points lead going into the last day and finished 4th - how did they manage that - thought the weekly was over on the weds night.

Didnt see Surrey taking 9 Essex wickets on day 4 so filled my side with Essex bowlers and top order batters. Had room for one Surrey bowler but could only afford Dernbach and not Morkel. Harmer captain didnt help although a switch to Coles still wouldnt have won me the weekly title.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

KB1981 wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 17:48
primitive man wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 10:21 Well played mchamer unlucky just 3 points in it who woud believe.

Didnt see Surrey taking 9 Essex wickets on day 4 so filled my side with Essex bowlers and top order batters. Had room for one Surrey bowler but could only afford Dernbach and not Morkel. Harmer captain didnt help although a switch to Coles still wouldnt have won me the weekly title.
Cheers for that KB1981 - lets hope you will be challenging for the top spot next season!

KB1981

Post by KB1981 »

primitive man wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 18:48
KB1981 wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 17:48

Cheers for that KB1981 - lets hope you will be challenging for the top spot next season!
It was the first time i had entered a weekly team as had a spare credit from joining an elite league but will definitely give it a few goes next year.

I had a lucky day on the last day last year to win 2nd spot and a prize in the £10 elite league so swings and roundabouts!

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

If you're on Twitter - vote for a Telegraph Fantasy Cricket World Cup next year. Prove how popular cricket is :wink:

Poll pinned to top - https://twitter.com/TFFootball

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Well,it's all over...who would have expected the tension to last right to the very end?

Congratulations to those who did well...My private goal was simply to try and get my sad little private league into the top 30....and it just about limped over the line..

My thanks to to those of you who generously contributed regularly,either with information or with wit and observations...all excellent.....😃

Let us hope that we are all back next season....doing it all again!

Best to all,DD....

Edgeways
Treebeard

Post by Edgeways »

Presumably you've all had an email with a link to a survey re the game? Sounds promissing for next year if they're asking questions re what you like about it and what you would change etc.

Hopefully we're all back on here in March/April time.

TTFN

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

No email received here yet,Edgeways...I'll post if I get one..

Best to all ,John R...

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

No survey either...only email said my winners cheque would be sent Monday afternoon :D :D :D

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Still no survey...and certainly no winners cheque!😅

DD...

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Still no survey...and I guess no Christmas Card either!😉

DD...