To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

football sims

A forum for news on Simulated Football Management games.
ben_lewis
Kevin and Perry

football sims

Post by ben_lewis »

after having a computer from the dark ages for the last 7 years, i have finally got round to buying a new one. i love playing football sims and wondered which one is the best on the market at the moment. i have been playing championship manager 01,02 forever and love it but im sure i read somewhere that the guys that made it so great up and left to develop a new game. is it true and if so what game was it?
what is the best sim out there?????

plus any other games worth getting?

thanks and apologies again for diving in off topic. the forum related to this seems to have no visitors.... ever!

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

football manager 2006 greatest football management sim ever nuff said really :lol:

knighty7
Red & Blue Braces

Post by knighty7 »

crabby wrote:football manager 2006 greatest football management sim ever nuff said really :lol:
Seconded!

vestan
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 3 times in a day!

Post by vestan »

The Guys from Sports Interactive who used to develop Championship Manager now develop Football Manager as they took the engine with them but left the name with Eidos.

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

And subsequently the chamionship manager series suffered a major drop in quality.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

2005 is better than 2006 though.

Madchester
FISO Michael Knighton
FS Record: Impressive

Re: i know its off topic but......

Post by Madchester »

ben_lewis wrote: the forum related to this seems to have no visitors.... ever!
that's irrelevant as most people use the latest topics view, therefore you seldom have to "visit" any particular forum

http://www.fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=41

pixies
FISOhead

Post by pixies »

Beware playing this game it can dramatically affect your judgement in Tff.

I.e thinking Reyes is actually that good in real life :oops:

gazwood
Dumbledore

Post by gazwood »

I would have to say Championship Manager 2 is the greatest of all time.

Although my very 1st manager sim was called Football Tactician Italia on the Amiga 500, that was genius! I was Inter and had Pagliuca between the sticks, Bergomi a rock at the back, Wim Jonk running that midfield for me and Ruben Sosa and a youthful Dennis Bergkamp leading the front line.......those were the days!!!

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

gazwood wrote:I would have to say Championship Manager 2 is the greatest of all time.

Although my very 1st manager sim was called Football Tactician Italia on the Amiga 500, that was genius! I was Inter and had Pagliuca between the sticks, Bergomi a rock at the back, Wim Jonk running that midfield for me and Ruben Sosa and a youthful Dennis Bergkamp leading the front line.......those were the days!!!
It was about that time (give or take a couple of years) that Villa knocked Inter out of the UEFA cup on penalties.

The previously mentioned Ruben Sosa hit the bar and Phil King went on to bury the winning spot kick.

Still probably the best game i have ever been to.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Simulated Football Management games”