To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Both Teams To Score - prediction game WORLD CUP EDITION 2018:OPEN FOR ENTRIES

A forum for news on Football Score Prediction games (e.g. Weekend Football).
Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Re: Both Teams To Score - prediction game WORLD CUP EDITION 2018:OPEN FOR ENTRIES

Post by Ralfbergs »

WCbttsSF.png
Joker picks are in green colour
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Re: Both Teams To Score - prediction game WORLD CUP EDITION 2018:OPEN FOR ENTRIES

Post by Ralfbergs »

Ralfbergs wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 08:13
---
Jokers work as usual - participants will have to choose one match, for which they will get extra 2 points for each correct prediction. So the most you can have will be 13 points (5 points if you answer each question correctly + 8 joker points).
---
I just noticed that I have a mistake here (that's what happens when I try to mix up the original format of BTTS comp) - Everyone will get 2 points for each correct Joker prediction, but the most you can get is not 13 points - actually the most you can get is 16 points (each prediction correct) + 8 points (Joker pick, which has all 4 outcomes correct) = 24.

Just posting the template for scoring, so that I don't forget how it should look when I get home from work :D :

template.PNG
Tie-breakers:
1) Who has predicted more JOKER correctly?
2) If 1) is the same amount, then - who has more correct predictions for BTTS:NO (just because in my opinion predicting that both teams won't score is harder than BTTS:Yes)
3) If the scores are completely the same, then the participant who had a higher ranking in group stage will advance

Won't be adding any extra tie-breakers for other markets, so tie-breakers stay the same as they were before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Des
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Des »

Was there a prediction for which Nationality would put the ball in the net first? :lol:

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

SEMIFINAL RESULTS for now:
WCbttsSF.png

Des, zipnolan and jacoolin the lead after today!

If my calculations are correct bspittles can't make it into next round anymore - the most he can do is have the same score as somebody else, but then he will lose out on tie-breaker (nothing was correct in his Joker pick - so basically even though everyone predicted Brazil to advance, bspittles didn't gain any advantage with going for Uruguay). I actually expected that most will be having their Jokers on Croatia v Russia game btw.

Others are still in it and basically at the moment are only separated by tie-breaker, but next games should really decide the places.

No Jokers left for anyone btw

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

Des wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 21:11 Was there a prediction for which Nationality would put the ball in the net first? :lol:
I would love it if my bookie would cash out my bet based on this then as I actually put my money on them to score first (and Belgium scored within 1 minute after I bet on it live :D).

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

SEMIFINAL RESULTS before last match:
WCbttsSF.png

Des in the lead and basically guarantees a place in the final!

bspittles is out of the comp, while zipnolan will need a tights game in Croatia v Russia as he needs both BTTS:NO and Under 2.5 goals, if both of those are not correct, then jacool gets into the final

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

So if Croatia win 1-0 or 2-0, I'd have three completely correct predictions. But still be knocked out :-(

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

bspittles wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 17:34 So if Croatia win 1-0 or 2-0, I'd have three completely correct predictions. But still be knocked out :-(
You would have 4 not 3 completely correct predictions. And yes you would be out as 2 other participants have the same picks and they already have more points. Not guessing anything correct in your Joker pick let you down basically.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Ralfbergs wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 17:49
bspittles wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 17:34 So if Croatia win 1-0 or 2-0, I'd have three completely correct predictions. But still be knocked out :-(
You would have 4 not 3 completely correct predictions. And yes you would be out as 2 other participants have the same picks and they already have more points. Not guessing anything correct in your Joker pick let you down basically.

I certainly wasn't complaint, just a terrible Joker pick from me!

By three correct predictions, I meant I'd have got all four predictions for three of the four games!

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

bspittles wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 18:07
Ralfbergs wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 17:49

I certainly wasn't complaint, just a terrible Joker pick from me!

By three correct predictions, I meant I'd have got all four predictions for three of the four games!
Oh, yeah, that's true then - just shows how important Joker picks are

We actually already know our two finalists as both teams have already scored, but I will do the full update after the game ends

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

SEMIFINAL RESULTS :
WCbttsSF.png
So our FINAL will be:

Des v jacool

You will have to predict and PM me (not post on the forum!) semifinal, third place game and final fixtures (basically now you will have to predict semifinal and after the final is known, you will also have to predict that). Same things will need to be predicted as in semifinal, only now I will use a bit different tie-breakers - firstly how many Jokers correct (you will have one Joker for semifinal and one for third round/final), then how many ''NO'' predictions correct and if all of that is the same, then how many goals will be scored in semifinal + final - this can't match between participants).

So - after you have sent me your predictions, please post an answer in the forum to this additional question:
How many goals will there be scored in semifinal+ third place match+ final in total? (answers can't match, so if you are posting after other person have already done that, please choose a different number. I really hope that you won't have exactly the same result though so that this isn't used to decide the winner)

So at the moment - send me private message with predictions for this:

SEMIFINAL FIXTURES:

France v Belgium
1) BTTS (90 mins):YES/NO
2) First scorer (with extra-time): France/Belgium
3) Team to advance to next round - France/Belgium
4) Over or under 2.5 goals (with extra-time) - Over/Under
England v Croatia
2) First scorer (with extra-time): England/Croatia
3) Team to advance to next round - England/Croatia

How many goals will there be scored in semifinal+ third place match+ final in total?

After semifinals will end, you will have to send me another batch of predictions for third place match and final.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

Des has already sent me his predictions. He has also made prediction for total goals, but, as he pointed out, it might be possible that it might hint what other predictions are, that's why at the moment it won't be posted in the thread. jacool can also PM me his prediction for total goals and I will tell if it matches what Des predicted and if it needs to be changed.

jacool
Treebeard

Post by jacool »

Ralfbergs wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 07:11 Des has already sent me his predictions. He has also made prediction for total goals, but, as he pointed out, it might be possible that it might hint what other predictions are, that's why at the moment it won't be posted in the thread. jacool can also PM me his prediction for total goals and I will tell if it matches what Des predicted and if it needs to be changed.
PM sent

good luck Des, you've led every round, so I'm being realistic !

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Good luck to both of you. :-)

It has been fun watching from the lower half of the weekly table. :D

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

Predictions from Des:

France v Belgium JOKER
1) BTTS (90 mins):YES
2) First scorer (with extra-time): France
3) Team to advance to next round - Belgium
4) Over or under 2.5 goals (with extra-time) - Over
England v Croatia
1) BTTS (90 mins):NO
2) First scorer (with extra-time): England
3) Team to advance to next round - England

Predictions from jacool:
France v Belgium JOKER
3) Team to advance to next round - Belgium
England v Croatia
2) First scorer (with extra-time): England
3) Team to advance to next round - Croatia
4) Over or under 2.5 goals (with extra-time) - Under

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

bttsfinal.png
Joker picks are in green colour. Basically all predictions for the Joker pick are the same, so only England v Croatia game matters. Please remember that this is not yet the decider, we will know only ''half-time'' scores after semifinals, as both participants still will need to predict 3rd place match and the final after it will be known which teams have advanced.

I am not posting tie-breaker answer for total goals yet (even though I think it would not change anything anymore, but still), will do it after I have predictions for 3rd place match and final later. I can only say that the answers don't match between the participants, so they do not need changing.

Des
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Des »

jacool wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 08:35 good luck Des, you've led every round, so I'm being realistic !
... and good luck to you.

Amazing that our picks for tonight are identical :shock:

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

I'll do all the proper updates and everything tomorrow, for now I just can say that jacool leads by 1 point difference, so all to play for in the 3rd place match+final of World Cup.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

FINAL RESULTS before last 2 matches:
WCbttsFINAL.png

jacool in the lead after yesterday!

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

Please both participants PM me these:

LAST FIXTURES:
England v Belgium
2) First scorer (with extra-time): England/Belgium
3) Team that will get 3rd place - England/Belgium
France v Croatia
2) First scorer (with extra-time): France/Croatia
3) Team that will win World Cup - France/Croatia

jacool
Treebeard

Post by jacool »

PM sent to Chair
Please confirm receipt - planning to win this by a point now!

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

jacool wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 13:36 PM sent to Chair
Please confirm receipt - planning to win this by a point now!
Predictions received. Will post when I receive both (FYI - I won't be around almost all day tomorrow and might be away from PC first part of Saturday too, so if Des wants he can post his predictions straight in the forum and afterwards I will just post jacool's here when I get to PC (or from mobile))

Des
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Des »

LAST FIXTURES:
England v Belgium
2) First scorer (with extra-time): Belgium
3) Team that will get 3rd place - England
France v Croatia
3) Team that will win World Cup - France

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

-

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

Des wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 19:55 LAST FIXTURES:
England v Belgium
France v Croatia
Please choose the Joker. There are jokers for both 3rd place match and final.

Des
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Des »

LAST FIXTURES:
England v Belgium JOKER
France v Croatia

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

jacool's predictions:
England v Belgium JOKER
3) Team that will get 3rd place - Belgium
France v Croatia
1) BTTS (90 mins):NO
4) Over or under 2.5 goals (with extra-time) – Under

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

finalpicks.png
Joker picks are in green colour.

Total goals in these matches+semifinal:

jacool - 15
Des - 11

Tie-breakers as usual - firstly Jokers, then BTTS:NO and only afterwards total goals.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

FINAL RESULTS before last match:
WCbttsFINAL.png
jacool in the lead after today and has guaranteed a win in the competition! Proper update after the last match.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

FINAL RESULTS
WCbttsFINAL.png
Congratulations jacool with winning the competition!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Score Prediction Games”