To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - Winner : TRAMPIE

A forum for news on Football Score Prediction games (e.g. Weekend Football).
Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Wolf in Sheeps clothing

2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - Holder: Stokie Bloke

Post by Mick MacPaddywack »

Hi All

Welcome to the 5th Year of the FISO SuperBru Winter Cup!!

Previous winners were:
2013 : Spencer4 2014 : Hammerddh here 2015 : Metal Warlord here 2016 : Stokie Bloke
Image Image Image Image

To the uninitiated, this competition runs for 8 weeks (usually) as a League (although last year we ran the league for 6 weeks) with the Top 8 going forward into the knockout stages over the following 3 weeks (QF, SF & Final). First round starts 15th October after the break ...

It would help me if everybody in our SuperBru FISO League accepts the invitation that I send out to you promptly. To participate, you need to do nothing (after accepting the invite) except continue to pick your weekly predictions ... I will take care of the rest. Any banter is always welcome either here in FISO or in the SuperBru Banter.

Best of luck, to y'all!!
Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 08 Nov 2017, 13:53, edited 7 times in total.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - Holder: Stokie Bloke - recommences 14/10

Here's the list of participants so far (last edited 12/10@1358):

Only the Top half (26) have signed up so far - down as far as Yorkshire Dragon. Those in the bottom half not greyed out are currently in our 2017/18 Prediction league, but haven't signed up yet. Those greyed out are past participants not playing this year, yet ... for the Winter Cup and Spring Cup, all are welcome.

Invites have gone out to everyone that participated in the past or is currently involved in the Premiership Prediction game (and a few other stalwarts from other games).
Anyone who has not recived an invite or is interested in joining either send me a BruMail, FISO PM or post here & hopefully I'll spot it in time.

If anyone can see this table, it shows each individuals history in the left hand columns ...
Interesting to note that fozzman has made the Cut / Quarter Finals in all 4 years of the competition.
Some failed to join us in past years because of lack of invites ... hopefully no such issue this year.

cheers,
Mac

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - round 1 results

... And we're off ... ...

Results of round 1 look like this ...

The newcomers to the Winter Cup, namely graysman, yorkshiredragon & Senor Stragglers all started with a win, but it is early days yet.
I see that SuperBru have not started the League off on the correct dates so I'll have to ask them to fix that. In the meantime, the above is the correct status after week 1.

I see below an error in the rules that I've pasted from a previous year which I will correct in a moment.

This is a League competition for 8 weeks before heading into knockout stages of QF, SF, Final (11 weeks in total).
Last year I had to abbreviate it because of starting late.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - round 1 results

Round 2 Results are in ...
and although SuperBru have corrected their League Leaderboard now, the table below gives the week by week results (in the first 8 weeks of head-to-head matches).

The newcomers to the Winter Cup, namely graysman & Senor Stragglers are still looking good (in the Top 8) but only 3 players have retained their 100% record ... graysman, scumbucket & Boddington
Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 25 Oct 2017, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: 2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - round 1 results in

Post by murf »

Am I misreading something? My scores show a win and I'm on 4 points but it looks like I am down for 0 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - round 1 results in

murf wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 23:02 Am I misreading something? My scores show a win and I'm on 4 points but it looks like I am down for 0 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat.
Thanks Murf

I was hoping somebody would give feedback ... the columns to the right automatically calculate your points (once I input the scores) which are reflected correctly in the Total "Points" column as 4
I then manually input the W D L data & made a mistake as you have pointed out ... the F A D data is also automatically calculated, so reflects what is on the right of it. I'll correct that next time around. Thanks again.

In fact you've forced my hand & I've just created a horribly complex formula to calculate it for me in future. (see results below) Thanks :mrgreen:

More feedback welcome from anyone.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - round 3 results

Round 3 Results are in ...
and only graysman & Boddington retain their 100% record ...

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - round 3 results

Round 4 Results are in ... and we are now half way through the League portion of this Cup ...
This week, both graysman & Boddington lost their 100% record ... opening the competition up very nicely ...
Only the Top 8 will qualify for the knockout stages, but currently four are on 7 points fighting for the last two slots, with seven more just one point behind ...
The detailed leaderboard looks like this:

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - round 5 results

Round 5 Results are in ... and there are a few small changes to the leaderboard ...
The crucial issue at this stage is to maintain a winning streak ... losing a match now could be critical ...
As an example, this week TheoVodkat drops 4 spots but remains in contention Retired and Loving It and Moist von Lipwig ... also dropped 5 and 4 places, and are now both on the edge of qualification / non qualification ... anyone in the Top 16 are in with a shout at this stage, after that it gets less likely ...

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - round 6 results

Round 6 Results are in ...
As mentioned last week, it is essential to maintain a winning streak at this stage of the competition ...
2 people in the qualifying 8 slots from last week failed to win their match this week ...
tenpinterry and Stokie Bloke dropped out of the qualifying slots as a consequence ...
but its not over yet ... still two weeks remaining before we move into the knockout stages ...
keep on truckin' ...

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - Final Qualifying round 8 tonight ... get your predictions in!!

Round 7 results are in ....

Its all very tight now, with four qualifiers on 12 points ....
Stokie Bloke and Metal Warlord - both previous winners - hold the last two remaining qualifying spots purely on goal difference ...
if either of them fail to win their matches this weekend it would open the door for Retired and Lovin it or Scumbucket
and not forgetting fozzman who could pull a rabbit out of the hat ...

BUMP!!

the FINAL round of the Head to Head (qualifiers) begins this evening ... get your predictions in!!

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: 2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - Final qualifying round 8 tonight ... get your predictions in!!

Post by murf »

And?

Has my meteoric rise from 19th at the halfway mark (just giving you all a chance you know) been maintained?

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - The 8 qualifying for the Knockout stages are confirmed ...

murf wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 23:24 And?
Has my meteoric rise from 19th at the halfway mark (just giving you all a chance you know) been maintained?
Scandalously, it has ...

Round 8 results are in, and there were a few shockers ...
murf's four wins in a row gets him a qualifying slot ...
The 1st & 2nd from last round Boddington and TheBigLewandowski both suffer defeats but remain in qualifying slots
The 2015 Champion Metal Warlord suffered a 1-5 defeat to asdral225 and drops out of qualifying
and the last qualification spot goes to retired and loving it whose win in the last round sneaks him in above Moist von Lipwig (bad luck there, mate)

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - The 8 qualifying for the Knockout stages are confirmed ...

Quarter Final fixtures are this weekend, as follows:

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: 2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - The 8 qualifying for the Knockout stages are confirmed ...

Post by murf »

Two 'quarter finals of death' there going on past form. Should mean easy SFs for the winners....

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

murf wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 11:59 Two 'quarter finals of death' there going on past form. Should mean easy SFs for the winners....

Hmmm ,,, see what you mean, but don't underestimate the "new boys"!!

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Quarter Final results were as follows:

A pretty tricky weekend, with a couple of surprises ...
but no surprise that the hot favourite murf got through,
as did League leaders TheoVodkat and trampie, the latter at the cost of the 2016 Champion, Stokie Bloke

Semi Finals are this weekend ... good luck all!!

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - Semi Final half time

Semi Final half time score is a tight affair:

Still could all turn around on tonights results ...Best o luck, all!!

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - Semi Final Results

Semi Final Full Time score unfortunately came up with no surprises, and two of our strongest predictors murf and Trampie came good on the day:

The Winter Cup Final is this weekend ... Best of luck to ye both!!

Bad luck to Theo Vodkat and silverflash who put up good battles ... better luck next time
(SPRING Cup is only around the corner ... early in 2018) keep your eyes peeled ...

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: 2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - FINAL this weekend!!

Post by murf »

Bring it on!

Unlucky to Theovodkat and Boddington.

The two QFs of Death did indeed produce the finalists.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - FINAL this weekend!!

murf wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 12:41 Bring it on!

Unlucky to Theovodkat and Boddington.

The two QFs of Death did indeed produce the finalists.

Interesting that your Semi Final with TheoV went down to the last match, and required you to make a precise prediction to win.
If you had drawn the Spurs match we would have been into a replay ...
or if I was being really harsh, you would have lost on a count-back to the Palace match :wink:

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - Semi Final Results

Final - current standings with one match to play
and it looks like trampie is home and hosed, with murf failing to score on the Brighton-Burnley and Man City-Spurs matches being the making of his downfall ... bad luck, mate ... strong performance by trampie (congrats!!)

Final results will be posted eventually ...

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - Semi Final Results

Winter Cup Final
Was won, in magnificent form, by trampie with murf coming a close second ... bad luck mate, this one eludes you ...

Congrats to trampie a worthy winner!!

Thanks to all, as usual, for participating ... please keep predicting and in the new year we will run the SPRING Cup .... more details later ...

Happy Christmas , and great predicting to y'All!!

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: 2017 SBru PL WINTER Cup - Winner : TRAMPIE

Post by murf »

Well played Trampie. My picking form has plateaued of late. Snatched something with a draw tonight, albeit not 1-1 but it's a start.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Score Prediction Games”