To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2018 SBru PLP SPRING Cup - week 3 results ...

A forum for news on Football Score Prediction games (e.g. Weekend Football).
Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Wolf in Sheeps clothing

2018 SBru PLP SPRING Cup - Holder: Murf - kicks off week 26: 3rd February

Post by Mick MacPaddywack »

Hi All

As before, I will attempt to run the SPRING CUP

Last year it took a dive when my laptop crashed and with it all my beautiful worksheets. By the time I had recovered the data it would have taken too much effort to re-generate the competition results. As before, this competition runs on your weekly predictions in SuperBru Premiership Predictions. No need to do any work, other than the usual weekly predictions.

As with the Winter Cup, this is an 8 week league competition with the top 8 competitors going through to Quarter Finals in week 34 - 14th April, followed by Semi Finals & Finals.
Everybody who signed up for the Winter Cup will be automatically entered into the Spring Cup.
Anybody who missed out on the Winter Cup earlier is welcome to sign up for the Spring Cup.
Just apply to join the league in SuperBru. Password is "redopore".

One rule became necessary to avoid draws in the Knockout stages, as follows:
If there is a draw (in a SuperBru Head to Head match) during the knockout stages, there will be a countback based on:
1) the individual's WP (win Points) of that week
2) the individual's MP (margin Points) of that week
If the two teams are still tied after that, then the countback will be based on:
3) the combination of WP and MP in the last match of the fixture, working back from there, until one of the two teams scores higher than the other.

For the Historians amongst you:
2015 SPRING CUP Winner was LawroSez - link to the competition thread is here
2014 SPRING Cup Winner was Murf - link here

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2018 SBru PLP SPRING Cup - Holder: Murf - week 1 results

ooops ... nearly forgot ... and we are off ... round 1 of the Spring Cup was a week riddled with draws ... but 8 of the 13 matches were decisive, with the resulting table as follows:
18 SpringCup 01.jpg
click on image to enlarge

Early days in this 11 week competition ... to reiterate ... the first 8 weeks are a league event with the top 8 going through to the Quarter Finals etc ...no need for gnashing or wailing at this early stage ... hope y'all enjoy!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 09 Feb 2018, 10:58, edited 2 times in total.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: 2018 SBru PLP SPRING Cup - Holder: Murf - week 1 results in ...

Post by murf »

Sorry, can't read either on my phone using tapatalk even after clicking on the tables to open them.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

murf wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 12:13 Sorry, can't read either on my phone using tapatalk even after clicking on the tables to open them.
Sorry murf, I get the same thing sometimes with images posted using IMGUR, you can see the link/attachment, but not the image ... but then if I refresh the page the images appear.
Tell me if this persists, and if it does I'll have to find an alternative solution.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I can see it all, it is just too blurry to read.

Don't know much about these fancy ways. My old school excel copied into paint and saved as a PNG seems to work, although not overly crisp.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

murf wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 17:01 I can see it all, it is just too blurry to read.

Don't know much about these fancy ways. My old school excel copied into paint and saved as a PNG seems to work, although not overly crisp.

I prefer the sound of that, murf ... less hassle ... how do you display a .png on this site without an intermediary site (which is most of the headache)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Mick MacPaddywack wrote:

I prefer the sound of that, murf ... less hassle ... how do you display a .png on this site without an intermediary site (which is most of the headache)
Save it on my computer and upload as attachment.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

murf wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 20:58
Mick MacPaddywack wrote:

Save it on my computer and upload as attachment.
Unbelievable ... how long have I been posting on this site without realising there was an "Attachment" Tab ... how many hours/days/weeks of my life ...

Please go back to the initial week 1 post & let me know if it is an improvement.
I know the image is small in size, but when you click on it you get an enlarged and hopefully clearer version ... Lemme know

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I'm on my computer now so not a direct comparison with previous (I was using phone). The week 1 table is quite small but if I click on it then it fills the screen and is very readable.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

murf wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 23:40 I'm on my computer now so not a direct comparison with previous (I was using phone). The week 1 table is quite small but if I click on it then it fills the screen and is very readable.
Yes. Same here. Table is miniature on pc and same goes on mobile ut once you click on image you can zoom to see clearly. Might be better

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2018 SBru PLP SPRING Cup - week 3 results ...

I missed reporting on week 2 but if you enlarge the image below you will see each weeks results and to the left of each competitor you can see last week's standing as well as the current standing. One big move this week was highgreenowl up 3 spots to 1st, with a substantial win (5-2) over Scumbucket. tenpinterry makes a similar leap up the table with a good win (4-2) over Stokie Bloke .... but it is early days yet ... 5 more weeks before the knockout stages ...

click on image to enlarge
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2018 SBru PLP SPRING Cup - week 3 results ...

week 4 of the SPRING CUP resulted in a number of one sided results with the beneficiaries making moves up the leaderboard ... unfortunately I have no time this year to make adjustments for no-shows which I suspect may be the reason for some of these x-nil results. Shame, but we will carry on in the hope that it evens out over the 8 week qualification period.

Leaderboard now looks as follows: (click on image to enlarge)
18SpringCup_r4 leaderboard.jpg

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Score Prediction Games”