To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Some Woman drove into side of my car

A forum for discussion on motoring topics.
Footy66
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2x Weekly Mini League Winner 2010-2011, 1 x WDT top 100 2011-2012.

Some Woman drove into side of my car

Post by Footy66 »

Hi People.

Got out of work today to find a note on my windscreen. A lady had left a note cos she scraped down the side of my car when driving past. It has left 2 hand sized dents.

I just wondered if anyone had some advice as just concerned that she may blame me, why? - because I was parked opposite a junction and I am fairly sure you are not supposed to park opposite a junction. I think you have to be 10metres from the junction - at least I learnt that in my driving lessons.

I have yet to phone the lady, so it is not clear if she was trying to get out the junction or she was coming down the road that my car was parked on. But just curious if she would have a case against me if she was coming out the junction?

At the end of the day she has driven into my car, she could quite easily have not if she was paying attention. So I'd assume it would be her fault, but thought I'd just get some advice before phoning her.

Cheers.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Some Woman drove into side of my car

Post by blahblah »

Footy66
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2x Weekly Mini League Winner 2010-2011, 1 x WDT top 100 2011-2012.

Post by Footy66 »

blahblah wrote:Ask him, he'll know
That is me. In my favourite hat.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

She may have little damage to her car and might be doing something very kind. I had somebody do that to me in a supermarket car-park and didn't leave anything but their car paint.

Anyway parking within 10 metres of a junction is not illegal.
The list in rule 243 of the Highway Code MAY be construed as offences under RTA Sect 22 (rule 242). However each case is decided on its merits as to whether it is dangerous or an obstruction.

Note that rule 243 is "DO NOT" which is advice only.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Footy66 wrote:Hi People.

Got out of work today to find a note on my windscreen. A lady had left a note cos she scraped down the side of my car when driving past. It has left 2 hand sized dents.

I just wondered if anyone had some advice as just concerned that she may blame me, why? - because I was parked opposite a junction and I am fairly sure you are not supposed to park opposite a junction. I think you have to be 10metres from the junction - at least I learnt that in my driving lessons.

I have yet to phone the lady, so it is not clear if she was trying to get out the junction or she was coming down the road that my car was parked on. But just curious if she would have a case against me if she was coming out the junction?

At the end of the day she has driven into my car, she could quite easily have not if she was paying attention. So I'd assume it would be her fault, but thought I'd just get some advice before phoning her.

Cheers.
What happened when you called her?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Food and wine this evening?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Motoring Forum”