To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

A circular argument about red lights

A forum for discussion on motoring topics.
unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Re: A circular argument about red lights

Post by unc.si. »

Groomyd wrote:
unc.si. wrote:
Groomyd wrote:
unc.si. wrote: Bike lanes are actually one of my pet hates.

Agreed - they pursuade cyclists to ride on the left of traffic - most deaths happen for exactly that reason - ride out in the traffic, ride like a car, get visible
Hmm. Never thought of that. Thanks for the advice. I'll bear it in mind...
Unc - why the condescension? :? - I'm not "advising" you - read it again - I'm making a statement of general truth

We both know - but many don't - that a lot of the deaths happen when cyclists do what their cycling proficiency tells them to do and that is ride in the curb - from their they have no where to go if a large vehicle turns left across them and they have railings or the like to their left
You may not have intended to be condescending, but that's the way it came across, hence me mirroring it back.

Nothing nasty. No bullying, just gently pointing out that you don't need to tell me how to ride a bike.

You say it wasn't intended, so fine. No problem.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Groomyd wrote:
Bunners wrote:
Moist von Lipwig wrote:this is still going :shock:
yeah I remember about 3 weeks ago I think it was ...remember how nice the forum was......ah those were the days :lol:
This is a great thread

Some proper discussion in amongst people who come onto the thread not to debate the topic - which you have done here - not that I have any issue with you bunners - you are normally a very good poster - but the only people causing any "conflict" on here are those who come to post personal comments or off topic comments

You don't have to be convinced by one side or another - and FISO is a set of people with generally conservative, illiberal, unradical views - so hardly a breading ground for radical disruptive innovation - but I've enjoyed X mans and Unc's considered responses in amongst the snipes

(Blah - of course my comments are about metropolitan city centres - not roads with long runs before the next tail back, light, queue etc)
I don't really think that going through red lights is really radical disruptive innovation tbh, but let's say that opinions shift and it's accepted that cyclists can go through red lights. What will that really achieve other than urban commuters reducing the time it takes to get to work?

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

unc.si. wrote:
Groomyd wrote:
Bunners wrote:
Moist von Lipwig wrote:this is still going :shock:
yeah I remember about 3 weeks ago I think it was ...remember how nice the forum was......ah those were the days :lol:
This is a great thread

Some proper discussion in amongst people who come onto the thread not to debate the topic - which you have done here - not that I have any issue with you bunners - you are normally a very good poster - but the only people causing any "conflict" on here are those who come to post personal comments or off topic comments

You don't have to be convinced by one side or another - and FISO is a set of people with generally conservative, illiberal, unradical views - so hardly a breading ground for radical disruptive innovation - but I've enjoyed X mans and Unc's considered responses in amongst the snipes

(Blah - of course my comments are about metropolitan city centres - not roads with long runs before the next tail back, light, queue etc)
I don't really think that going through red lights is really radical disruptive innovation tbh, but let's say that opinions shift and it's accepted that cyclists can go through red lights. What will that really achieve other than urban commuters reducing the time it takes to get to work?
If nothing else changes aside from this, then the only thing it will achieve, sadly, is more deaths. It becomes a real life version of frogger, except the cyclists will never be blamed for poor judgement.

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

unc.si. wrote: Nothing nasty. No bullying, just gently pointing out that you don't need to tell me how to ride a bike.
I wasn't telling you how to ride a bike - such is text vs conversation

I'm sure we both agree with what I said? And many don't do it

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Groomyd wrote:
unc.si. wrote: Nothing nasty. No bullying, just gently pointing out that you don't need to tell me how to ride a bike.
I wasn't telling you how to ride a bike - such is text vs conversation
I'm itching to make another mildly sarcastic remark here, but probably best we both just move on :D

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

Go ahead

But check the red light first

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

It's on Amber.

It'll be fine :D

The Black Dogs
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Elite Champions League Winner 2010/11 + 2012/13 : Elite League Cup Winner 2017/18 : Elite Doubles (carrying ;) CBN 2017/18

Post by The Black Dogs »

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

:lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Motoring Forum”