admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Re: KCs week 2

Post by admin »

murf wrote:
admin wrote: Lambert (Sturridge)
Even though it was officially an OG??? :shock:
Correct. Technically an OG but in my eyes (and therefore FISO 7's) it should be a goal to Lambert as he did everything apart from get the last little touch. I'd like the game points to reward players' performances.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow

Lambert's shot was saved and therefore was not goal-worthy. Does this also mean that every OG which is an off-target shot deflected into the net, will be given as a goal to the previous attacking shooter?

Or is Lambert rewarded because he pressured Zabaleta after the rebound, forcing the resulting OG - and so would you (for example) give Costa the goal if Oscar crosses and Skrtel scores an og under Costa's pressure?

Or by the 'did everything but the final touch' argument, if Mata made a 30-yard mazy dribble beating 6 tackles, and then his on-target shot was tapped home from 6 inches by Rooney, would Mata get the goal?

It's your game and your rules I know (although to be fair you did say you'd make your own decisions on KCs, but not goals!), just seems very odd!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Worth reading the comments of the last day or 2 on this weekend's TFF chat thread for a contrast......

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

reds363 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: Wow

Lambert's shot was saved and therefore was not goal-worthy. Does this also mean that every OG which is an off-target shot deflected into the net, will be given as a goal to the previous attacking shooter?

Or is Lambert rewarded because he pressured Zabaleta after the rebound, forcing the resulting OG - and so would you (for example) give Costa the goal if Oscar crosses and Skrtel scores an og under Costa's pressure?

Or by the 'did everything but the final touch' argument, if Mata made a 30-yard mazy dribble beating 6 tackles, and then his on-target shot was tapped home from 6 inches by Rooney, would Mata get the goal?

It's your game and your rules I know (although to be fair you did say you'd make your own decisions on KCs, but not goals!), just seems very odd!
It was a combination of the initial shot by Lambert and both Lambert and Zabaleta going for the rebound together. Taken together I think Lambert should be rewarded with a Goal rather than a KC (i.e. get 2 extra points) i.e. he deserves more points than Sturridge or anyone else providing a cross or off-target shot that results in an OG.

I doubt I'd give a goal for the Chelsea example you give but a KC to both Costa and Oscar are probable because probably without both their significant contributions the goal wouldn't have been scored. Depends really on the type of pressure applied by hamstrung Costa, the quality of the cross by Oscar and how bad Skrtel's umpteenth OG is.

Mata might only get the goal if Rooney was playing for the opposing team (so maybe one for next year).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO 7 Fantasy Manager”