Rules for FISO 7

A forum for discussion on FISO's own Fantasy Football game - FISO 7
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Rules for FISO 7

Post by admin »

To enter FISO 7 go to:
http://www.fiso.co.uk/games/manager/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Copy of Game Rules

Welcome:

Welcome to FISO 7 FANTASY MANAGER, a Fantasy Football game using players from just the top 7 English Premier League clubs (according to their finishing positions the previous season and wealth - the two generally go hand in hand). The game incorporates discussions and injury news from within the FISO Fantasy Football forums: making this the game to play to keep up to date with the latest fantasy news on your favourite players. To add a bit of fun and intrigue each manager is also required to choose one defender, one midfielder and one striker that is on view to all other managers (i.e. only 8 of the 11 players in your team are hidden from public view).

FISO 7 is FREE to enter and only available to FISO members (maximum one fantasy team per member). If you have not registered for FISO please 'sign up' and then 'sign in' to view the fantasy game pages. The link to FISO 7 is the first drop-down option under 'FISO Games' on the top menu bar.

From within FISO 7 click on a player's page and you can see current FISO 'forum discussion' about him. The FISO Injury and Suspension news table is also integrated with FISO Fantasy Manager so that injured or suspended players are highlighted in red.

FISO 7 challenges you to choose 11 players from only the top 7 English Premier League clubs (in one of five formations, within a restrictive 100m budget) who will score points from goals, clean sheets and key contributions. Maximise your team points by correctly predicting starting defenders and by using up to 2 transfers per game week and one wildcard during the season. Using your wildcard is your only chance during the season to change formation so consider your formation choice carefully i.e. once the season starts you are stuck with the formation (e.g. 442) you selected until you use your one and only wildcard.

More functionality (e.g. mini-leagues) can be added to FISO 7 after its launch.

Selecting a team:

In brief:

Choose your formation;
Pick 11 players from just the 7 clubs available;
Stay within the 100m budget;

In detail:

To play FISO 7, first choose your formation from one of five options. You can change your formation as many times as 10 times pre-season by using one of the 10 pre-season 'wildcards' but once the season has started you will only have one wildcard and thus one chance to change your formation i.e. once the season starts you are stuck with the formation (e.g. 442) you selected until you use your one and only wildcard.

When choosing a formation, bear in mind that Forwards are generally more expensive than Midfielders who in turn are generally more expensive than Defenders and that you have a budget restriction.

There are 5 formations available:
4:4:2, 4:3:3, 5:3:2, 3:4:3 and 3:5:2 (Defenders:Midfielders:Forwards)

Once you have chosen a formation, select your 11 players using the drop-down lists where you can view available players either per club, per position or the full list. A player highlighted in red on the player lists means that the player currently appears on the FISO Injury and Suspension News Table. 'Greyed out' players mean they are not available (for example, defenders are greyed out when you have chosen all your defenders). If you want to have a look beforehand, the full player list is available where you can sort on position, club, value, and current points (including Goals, Clean Sheets and KCs).

Your 11 players need to total no more than 100m. Player valuations are set by fiso admin and will remain fixed during the season. New players should be added as they appear in the English Premier League but if you notice any missing just message admin - this is after all a game for our community.

To add a bit of fun and intrigue to the game, once you have selected your team, you need to select 1 Defender, 1 Midfielder and 1 Forward that will be viewable to anyone looking at that team. i.e. those 3 players from your team will be publicly viewable by other managers. The remaining 8 players are hidden from view.

Scoring Points:

In brief:

Goal +5, Clean Sheet +4, KC +3
English Premier League matches only
Only defenders/goalkeepers starting for their club count for Clean Sheets
No negative points

In detail:

Only player performances by players belonging to the selected top 7 clubs during matches in the English Premier League count.

Points are awarded as follows:

Goal +5
Key Contribution to a Goal* +3
Clean Sheet** +4 (Certain defenders and goalkeepers only - see note below)

*Whether a contribution to a goal is key will be decided upon by FISO Admin. The main issue is whether the contribution to the goal is instrumental or not in the goal being scored. For example, a cross from the wing, or a defence splitting pass, that directly results in a goal being scored should constitute a KC but a short basic pass to the goalscorer who then scores a goal after a long run or a long shot is unlikely to be a KC. If a player wins a penalty that is scored then normally that would be a KC, just as a KC should be awarded for a shot that is saved but the rebound from the goalkeeper (or post) is put into the net for a goal. If a cross or pass is deflected this does not necessarily mean that there is no KC.

** Clean Sheet points are only awarded to players that start the match at kick-off and if the team does not concede any goals for the duration of the whole match. A defender who is substituted whilst no goals have been scored but whose team subsequently concedes a goal does not score points for a Clean Sheet. A defender who comes on to the pitch as a substitute and whose team does not concede any goals does not score Clean Sheet points because he was not in the starting line up. If you have the skill to pick defenders and a goalkeeper that start for the top 7 club during the game week then you can gain the reward of the clean sheet points available.

Note that there are no minus points. So whilst there is reward for keeping clean sheets and scoring goals there is no penalty for conceding goals or receiving yellow or red cards.

The decision of FISO Limited is final on all points scoring.

Transfers:

In brief:

2 transfers per game week;
A maximum of 50 transfers in total;
One chance during the season to use a wildcard and completely re-pick a team (and change formation);

In detail:

There are 2 transfers available each game week. You can therefore make 0, 1 or 2 transfers each game week.

There is a transfer cut-off 1 hour before the first kick-off of each game week (i.e. that time heralds the end of one game week and the start of another). The 'first kick-off of each game week' includes matches from any of the English Premier League clubs and not just the 'top 7' clubs.

A game week is one set of English Premier League fixtures (usually 10 fixtures covering Saturday, Sunday and Monday) and normally starts at 11:45am one Saturday and ends 11:45am the next Saturday (UK times). Where there are mid-week games (games on Tuesday and Wednesday) then the new game week will normally start at 6:45pm on Tuesday and end at 11:45am on Saturday.

Transfers must be made before the end of a game week to be effective for the start of the next game week. If you make transfers after the start of a new game week then they will only be effective from the end of that game week. You cannot make a transfer after the Saturday matches and expect it to be effective for the Sunday matches these matches are all part of one game week.

There is an overall season limit of 50 transfers so you cannot use 2 transfers every week of the season.

There is also 1 wildcard available allowing the complete change of a team free from the weekly or season transfer restriction. When using your wildcard you can also change your team's formation.

Pre-season transfers are unlimited, although there are only 10 opportunities to change formation (i.e. 10 pre-season wildcards).

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Re: Rules for FISO 7

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

I'll give this a go.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Sounds interesting (a simplified TFF with FPL gameweeks?) - I'll give it a go.

A couple of points / things that need clearing up before the arguments!

1. No appearance points - is that right?
2. KCs sound like TFF.... Can there be 2 KCs for a single goal (like TFF)?
3. Are gameweeks being sorted as we go along? If there is just 1 midweek game, is that a gameweek in itself - even if no top 7 teams play? - (that does matter, slightly, for transfers). Will xmas, easter etc just be sorted into sensible blocks rather than the usual more rigid midweek/weekend?
4. Can we see if our rivals have played their wildcard?
5. Who wants to sign up for my sidegame? :lol: I'll run a cup or something once it has been running for a couple of weeks.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Post by Ralfbergs »

Yeah, I'll definately give this a go! :)

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Is there a formation/transfer amnesty until kick off?

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

murf wrote:3. Are gameweeks being sorted as we go along? If there is just 1 midweek game, is that a gameweek in itself - even if no top 7 teams play? - (that does matter, slightly, for transfers). Will xmas, easter etc just be sorted into sensible blocks rather than the usual more rigid midweek/weekend?
Isn't having set game weeks part of the fun - planning which teams play more games in gameweeks and using your transfers/wildcard accordingly?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

WilBert wrote:
murf wrote:3. Are gameweeks being sorted as we go along? If there is just 1 midweek game, is that a gameweek in itself - even if no top 7 teams play? - (that does matter, slightly, for transfers). Will xmas, easter etc just be sorted into sensible blocks rather than the usual more rigid midweek/weekend?
Isn't having set game weeks part of the fun - planning which teams play more games in gameweeks and using your transfers/wildcard accordingly?
It sounds like it is being set up to avoid the anal obsession with DGWs :wink:

(ok, we'll just have single gameweeks versus zero gameweeks instead - two more TLAs for you: SGW and ZGW)

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

murf wrote:Sounds interesting (a simplified TFF with FPL gameweeks?) - I'll give it a go.

A couple of points / things that need clearing up before the arguments!

1. No appearance points - is that right?
2. KCs sound like TFF.... Can there be 2 KCs for a single goal (like TFF)?
3. Are gameweeks being sorted as we go along? If there is just 1 midweek game, is that a gameweek in itself - even if no top 7 teams play? - (that does matter, slightly, for transfers). Will xmas, easter etc just be sorted into sensible blocks rather than the usual more rigid midweek/weekend?
4. Can we see if our rivals have played their wildcard?
5. Who wants to sign up for my sidegame? :lol: I'll run a cup or something once it has been running for a couple of weeks.
1. Correct - no appearance points (at least for this 2014/15 season)
2. Yes there can be 2 KCs.
3. Gameweeks are the same as the FISO Goals gameweeks. We will group games together so you won't have 1 midweek game as a whole gameweek. Xmas/Easter will be sorted into sensible blocks.
4. I don't think so. But you/we will have to check this once the season has started.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

WilBert wrote:Is there a formation/transfer amnesty until kick off?
There is a transfer amnesty but you can only change your formation 10 times (i.e. you will see '10 wildcards' available).

The wildcard resets your team so that you start from the beginning with selecting a formation and then bringing 11 players in. The 10 pre-season wildcards should be more than enough for any manager to get a feel for what the best formation is.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Thanks admin. Was picking the top 7 only to help murf avoid picking Derby defenders? :wink:

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

WilBert wrote:Thanks admin. Was picking the top 7 only to help murf avoid picking Derby defenders? :wink:
I'm sure murf will find someway to pick them.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Just to also add it's your responsibility to transfer out of your team a player that has subsequently moved away from one of the top 7 clubs.

e.g. if you've already selected Carl Jenkinson who moved to West Ham from Arsenal yesterday (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28596648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) then whilst he'll still be in your team (now as WH) he won't score any points for you when the season starts (even if WH were to keep a clean sheet).

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Renault Clio Sport Winner 2010/11

Post by the dude abides »

I'll have a go , looks good. Pricing is tight, which makes it a better game IMO.

GregsEggs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GregsEggs »

I'll have a go!

It was hard but I have 0.2m left.

polarbear
The Blobmeister: Wales 2015
FS Record: 2010 Scottish FISO Open Golf Champion
4th Place overall OFL Fantasy Golf 2015
Sams FISO Golf Series Winner 2016 & 2019

Post by polarbear »

I'm in!

Will there be a link to our own team / league under our avatars (like FISO Goals)?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

polarbear wrote:I'm in!

Will there be a link to our own team / league under our avatars (like FISO Goals)?
Yes I'll ask Rob to sort that.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Now in place.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

Sounds fun, I'm in.

polarbear
The Blobmeister: Wales 2015
FS Record: 2010 Scottish FISO Open Golf Champion
4th Place overall OFL Fantasy Golf 2015
Sams FISO Golf Series Winner 2016 & 2019

Post by polarbear »

admin wrote:

Now in place.
Cheers!

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Team is in but needs a lot of work

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Finding a player with a value of -£10.4m would be a large help.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:Finding a player with a value of -£10.4m would be a large help.

There's loads!
Sterling is 9.9
Shaw 7.5

to name but 2

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

Surprised wrote:
Moist von Lipwig wrote:Finding a player with a value of -£10.4m would be a large help.

There's loads!
Sterling is 9.9
Shaw 7.5

to name but 2
look a little closer....

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Maybe a Derby defender?

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

WilBert wrote:
Maybe a Derby defender?
good thinking. I'll get Murf to pick one for me.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Just going to move the FISO GOALS related stuff to the Goals part of FISO so it is locked for a short while

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

The valuations aren't that restrictive are they? Or were you trying to pick the best player (or 2) at each top 7 club?

fanADE
Treebeard
FS Record: Winner MATT HODGSON J4G WC2014 PREDICTIONS

Post by fanADE »

i'm honoured to get an invite to this.. and i have joined.. thank you..

i shall also give FISO GOAL PREDICTIONS a go.. as i do all the others!

Again thanks.. now off to read the rules of FISO 7 FANTASY MANAGER!

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I can't access the URL from work, so I'll be giving this a miss :-(

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

bspittles wrote:I can't access the URL from work, so I'll be giving this a miss :-(
Shame that presumably 'games' is blocked but do you work 24-7?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO 7 Fantasy Manager”