To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Jabroni Wednesday

A forum for discussion on the Xpert Eleven Fantasy Management Simulation game
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Jabroni Wednesday

Post by blahblah »

I am a bit more fluid than BFM.

It depends on core formation(s), playing time and skill paths. So what is your core formation(s)?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Additional thought on farming - If you're buying in a 16/3 forward - consider buying 2 16/3's & keep the one who develops better. Karrde advocates (& I agree where possible) an 'all-rounder' SQ in a young forward (might be easier to give him 15mins in MF for example).

kizkiz
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO autumn 2009 poker world champ and 8 game champ

Post by kizkiz »

Beerfuelledman wrote:7 years for GK's, 3yrs for Mids, 5yrs for Forwards and its accepted 3yrs for Defs, but I think 4yrs is maybe better.
Farms can be any age, but plan on keeping them 2 seasons in case they dont double in the first.
So from a conveyor point of view i only need a 16yo mid this season
I can add a couple of farms and see what the YA pumps out this season?

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

blahblah wrote:I am a bit more fluid than BFM.

It depends on core formation(s), playing time and skill paths. So what is your core formation(s)?
3-5-2 suits the team best
Need to consider skills i suppose
I think i could use a quick defender whaen the time comes

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I would rather have an extra Bar, than Fast - as it is only 5-10% advantage, I believe.

If you want Age Gaps, then maybe sell the 23 year old Defender? Arguably it could be worth spending 1m on a 12\13 Bar Defender or GK, and sell the 25 year old. This would help the Ave Age, and plug the defence a bit, and you would have him for two seasons.

Going 3-5-2 with those forwards, then getting a young one, when the old one retires is plausible - remembering that you need to field the old one for Ave Age. I would say that 16\2's and 18\4's aren't going to get you too far, 16\3's aren't that much more expensive, and if you can afford the odd 16\4 then even better. To that end I would look to cash in on one of the forwards, probably the GI one as he will get more cash. (GI is Goal Instinct ie they get more chances, not that they are better finishers.)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

You could always give 3-4-3 a go, and tell us how it goes? :idea:

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

Tbh, the average age isn't a major factor.
My team was average 22 last season and did pretty damn well, finishing 4th.
I'm happy enough to keep the DV as the most important factor while slowly adding the youths and farms.
It's a long term project, but i think the basis is there for an awesome team in future seasons
Obviously the average age will not be helping, but i don't wantto be adding random oldies just for that

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I think slightly differently (and often wrongly) to others but I would have a mini overhaul. However it all depends on where you want to go with this team and what formation you see yourself playing.

Do you want a team to develop over seasons or be competitive now? What ratio % wise between them would you class yourself?

A flexibile team formation wise or one that favours the stronger MF?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

kizkiz wrote:My team was average 22 last season and did pretty damn well, finishing 4th.
Winning would be doing pretty damn well... :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

kizkiz wrote:Tbh, the average age isn't a major factor.
My team was average 22 last season and did pretty damn well, finishing 4th.
I'm happy enough to keep the DV as the most important factor while slowly adding the youths and farms.
It's a long term project, but i think the basis is there for an awesome team in future seasons
Obviously the average age will not be helping, but i don't wantto be adding random oldies just for that
So dump the 19\5's - have a look at the top teams now, and then try to work out the skill-paths...... 16\2's and 18\4's are OK for bringing in some cash, but won't get your team near the top, imho.

I did say "arguably" re an oldie:it is worth remembering that 60% of the DV stuff comes from your own side, then 1m can be seen as an investment - and results feed into performance and Form...

Wilbert's questions are all valid, especially the Formation one.

It is also worth remembering that a season in the Pub Lge is almost 4 months, and that it will take x number of seasons to get enough promotions - so I would not discount a bit of immediate promotion goals.... (Other good questions include: how many seasons do you think you will need to get 6 promotions, then how old will the current squad be etc?)

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Others will rip to shreds but here are my thoughts

GK
Sell Macleir +1m
Buy 30+/10+ skill -800k

Def
Sell Roza +500k
Sack Rascao
Buy 29+/10+ Def with FK -2m
Buy 17/4 path -1.5m (You will need a replacement FK in a few seasons though)

Mid
Sell Sugano +1m (controversial because of the leader SQ and he is an obvious star, I would start very low and hope for a bidding war)
Sell Ahelinus +500k
Buy 2 x 17/4 paths -3m

Fwd
Do nothing

Profit – 3m
Loss – 7.3m
Plus funds 8.2
Left in bank – 4m

Now with that 4m you could buy a farm of your choice for circa 2m leaving 2m for training (my faves are 18/5 and 19/6 at the moment)

Set you youth to where you want your flexibility.

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

Just to help your math, Mcleir is Estimated value: 7 060 000 econ
:shock:

Ahlenius could be good business too
Estimated value: 1 579 700 econ
Was bought for 268 300 econ 2012-01-05

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

You're welcome :roll:

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Karrde wrote:
kizkiz wrote:
Karrde wrote:Whats Macleir worth?

Having a strong keeper is vital the higher up you go. He will never be strong, but those SQs might just fool someone into paying for him.
Estimated value: 8 354 500 econ
:shock:

Bencrus
Wideboy

Post by Bencrus »

kizkiz wrote:Change report is in.
13 singles and 1 double (for my star mid alex song)
no visible loss of bars
8-)

So, here's the current team:

Gk - all good
defs - rascao to be sacked when i get the chance. De rosa got a visible bar despite playing only 5 games and being DV10 :?
Mids - I like my midfield 8-)
Forwards - Stick panomyong on market and buy youth in. Sack panomyong if needed after.
Summary - money not a problem at the moment. Buy a youth forward
Thoughts?
I'll offer a bit of an opinion here, if it isn't too late.

First up sell Macleir as others have said. He is both worth a good lump of econ while simultaneously being worthless to your team. I see you already did what would have been my next step of bringing in a nice old keeper to keep average age at a good spot.

De Rosa is worthless if went up on 10dv he must be super low in his skill bracket. Just try and sell him and when he wont sell, sack him. Bring in 2 young defenders 17/4 with 1 sq should be affordable. Play them every game 45 mins each, this will ensure really good dvs for them.

I would bring in a mid as well, 17/4 with visible again or a 17/3 with multiple exceptional sqs. 17/4 would be best bet.

As for up front, I wouldn't touch them at the moment. You need the older striker for ave age and the other 2 can play 45 mins each in games where you play 2 upfront. 3-4-3 isn't a horrible formation for them both to get game time together as well, when you are at home and the better side anyway.

This is all probably too late but its what I would do anyway :)

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

Thanks for the advice guys, it's appreciated
As ben said, macleir currently at 6.8 mill and a battle going on for him
A 10 skill keeper for only 323k has come in
I have a bid on a nice freekick mid to join me too

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Fantastic news about macleir. Will give you plenty to strengthen where you want it.

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

Maccleir now up to 8.5 mill and still two days to go on bidding 8-) :shock:
Got a 500k bid on Ahlenius too

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

8.5ml for a 25/8

gotta love idiots doncha!!!!

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

The idiots shall inherit the earth
Maccleir just sold for 10.1mill
Ahlenius sodl for 1 mill
8-)
I shall be spending my wonga tonight :lol:

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

Right, having listened to what you guys all said, i've tried to put some of it in to practice.
33/10 gk in for peanuts
32/10 def cheap again - purchased to try and help promotion this season due to very young defence
16/3 defender. Hopefully long term prospect
Went a bit overboard on the mids, but if i can get DV in, will hopefully sell 1 or 2 soon
18/5
17/4 FK - long term hopefully
17/3 with lots of nice SQ to farm

Still got 6 mill in the bank for the season ahead, which started well with a 4-1 away win in the cup against a division 6 team.

I'm sure you'll all rip holes in plan :lol:
jabroni season 32.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Nice work Kiz, marginally overpaid on Rui Costa imho. Compatibility all excellent I take it ;)

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

I know about rui costa. He is excellent compat though
Just need to win the league now :lol:

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I've won stuff...

Post by Mintman »

Looking well set up there kiz!! :D If it was me, I would be buying a def to bridge the age gap between the 16/3 and the rest. 19/5 or 6 depending on price? If you could get one with pace, all the better!! :D what have you got your YA set to?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Think you might have overpaid a bit on Rui Costa alright, though sometimes its worth it for the "right" player. Whats his EV as a matter of interest?

Keep Buruk & Jaime training away - their AF is terrible at the mo, shouldnt take too long to get it to 15ish & you have the funds.

I'll be interested to see how Muariani & Sugano get on - Muariani has age & a skill bar on Sugano, so should prob get the nod for the armband. Though Ive found (maybe its just me?) there isnt much of a performance boost for the Captain (with the leader SQ) until you get a heart into him.

(Leader SQ at Kils - Vittorio is a 12, played to a 13 last time & a 14 at best - compared to Gold heart Lindeman who was a 12 & regularly played to a 16 - hitting 18 once).

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Beerfuelledman wrote: there isnt much of a performance boost for the Captain (with the leader SQ) until you get a heart into him.
Agreed.

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

Beerfuelledman wrote:Think you might have overpaid a bit on Rui Costa alright, though sometimes its worth it for the "right" player. Whats his EV as a matter of interest?

Keep Buruk & Jaime training away - their AF is terrible at the mo, shouldnt take too long to get it to 15ish & you have the funds.

I'll be interested to see how Muariani & Sugano get on - Muariani has age & a skill bar on Sugano, so should prob get the nod for the armband. Though Ive found (maybe its just me?) there isnt much of a performance boost for the Captain (with the leader SQ) until you get a heart into him.

(Leader SQ at Kils - Vittorio is a 12, played to a 13 last time & a 14 at best - compared to Gold heart Lindeman who was a 12 & regularly played to a 16 - hitting 18 once).
Rui costa EV is 4.1 mill, so 600k less than i paid.
Sugano will be captain. He was a 12 in his last game and regularly plays well.

YA is set to defender. Has been for a while but they are always shit :lol:

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

kizkiz wrote:Rui costa EV is 4.1 mill, so 600k less than i paid.
Sugano will be captain. He was a 12 in his last game and regularly plays well.

YA is set to defender. Has been for a while but they are always shit :lol:
Keep your eye to how Muariani is playing then - I think you'll see 7 & 8 rating performances rather than the 12's you may be expecting due to huffing that the younger less skilled Sugano is Captain...Its difficult to balance two similarly skilled leaders.

If you don't need defenders & the YA is set merely to farm - Strikers tend to fetch a little more :idea:

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

Quick Question, what is the best counter for a varied offence?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

No quick answer. I'd look to see how he score goals, how you concede goals if his forward line is stuffed full of headers or speeders, or if he plays a 4-5-1 and I can man mark his striker out of it etc Who is the opponent?

Edit - If its Arippez United, I'd be prepping for a 442, marking Hunter and tightening the wings. Even if he plays a varied offence, 66% of his goals are coming from headers.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Xpert Eleven”