To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

bazza's "Official"/public team

A forum for discussion on the Xpert Eleven Fantasy Management Simulation game
barry
FISO Knight

bazza's "Official"/public team

Post by barry »

here it is then, the first chapter in the story of how I won the champions league in 15 seasons :lol:

look at this dross, I'll have a think and post my comments in a bit, please don't give me any tips until I have posted! want to try work this out for myself!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Re: bazza's "Official"/public team

Post by Richt »

what ever you decide to do, I have invited you to a friendly.....

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

friendly accepted!

Shaw :arrow: getting sold
Renton :arrow: despite being moody and a diva, he is also cool as ice, a good attribute for a GK I hear.... keep him for now

Girvan :arrow: Sacked
Hayes :arrow: keep
Osbourne :arrow: fragile, but a keep
Yell :arrow: needs to go, sacked probably
Hamill :arrow: crap but need to keep in meantime as he's quick and good header
Perrie :arrow: will try to sell I think

Rogers :arrow: loads of SQ's and the only freekick tacker in team but I'd think he'll be getting moved on
Macaldonich :arrow: keep
Ranken, Topier, Cosgrove :arrow: all be moved on when I can
Sanders :arrow: sacked

of the strikers, only Rover will be staying.

will need to see if I can buy a cheap decent midfielder or 2, sack 2 of the crap and wait for the youngsters to come through.....

right, how far off the mark am I there..... :oops:

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

How much money does one have?

Shaw won't be sold, I doubt very much if anyone will pay for someone of his age/skill level.

You will probably end up having to sack a number of players. Personally, if it was me I would most likely look at buying a cheap 30 something year old for each position. (not wasting too much money, but you need the experience for average age reasons).

(I'll let a more experienced FISOer disect the rest of your team.....

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Richt wrote:How much money does one have?

Shaw won't be sold, I doubt very much if anyone will pay for someone of his age/skill level.

You will probably end up having to sack a number of players. Personally, if it was me I would most likely look at buying a cheap 30 something year old for each position. (not wasting too much money, but you need the experience for average age reasons).

funds - 1 250 000 econ.... only after I clicked the sponsor thingy to get 1mill....

had a look but the transfer market is closed :?: open soon??

dingram041
Dumbledore
FS Record: I've won a lot but proud to have been 7 balled my friend Milan Gajic. RIP xx

Post by dingram041 »

Bazza....have no idea what this is....have never heard of any of them......so please.....

STICK TO CAGE FIGHTING......AND GET YOUR LIFE BACK :wink: :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

barry wrote:
Richt wrote:How much money does one have?

funds - 1 250 000 econ.... only after I clicked the sponsor thingy to get 1mill....

had a look but the transfer market is closed :?: open soon??
Go to League Info, and it will have a season end date about a third of the way down.

Which League are you in?

And yep, one of the worst Squads I have ever seen. :?

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

blahblah wrote: And yep, one of the worst Squads I have ever seen. :?
just my fkn luck.

season ends 30th may, I'm in Hattrick.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

I dont seem to have a "horses head".....

is there any point wasting money training these donkeys just now????

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Cracking press release though :lol:

Probably best to save all of your training money for new players.

Are they a completely new team? Do you have the DV and AF figures? or as I suspect if it is a new team then there aren't any details like that available.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Welcome then, so am I http://www.xperteleven.com/players.aspx ... mID=108329" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

At least your team will be yours.

I would not train them, if they out of the door soon :lol:

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Richt wrote: Are they a completely new team? Do you have the DV and AF figures? or as I suspect if it is a new team then there aren't any details like that available.
new team, if I hover over the players I get the DV, mostly 10 with a few 9's and a couple of 11's - not sure what AF is yet or where to see it :oops:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Training Page bars are Form, and dots Average Form.

I doubt that those values will stay past the CR etc

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

You are going to need your money to get some youths with prospects and maybe the odd older player, so just train those you plan to keep.

I would keep Perrie - he is not too bad compared to the rest of the shite you have been dealt. Do be brutal with this team. You can pick up 18-4 and 17-3 players for relatively little money, so fill your team with these types with a couple of older players in each position - you will get guaranteed 2 seasons out of even very old players, so as long as you spend only £100k or so per player you can do this quickly allowing you to sack the dross.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, I would be hitting the 47k market pretty hard.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

blahblah wrote:Training Page bars are Form, and dots Average Form.

I doubt that those values will stay past the CR etc
the dots just mirror the bars.

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

One tip when you are buying the youngsters, click through and analyse their stats. You want to pick up players that have already played at least 3-4 (ideally more), games in the current season, for a team that has a high average form. There is a good (~50%) chance that a player with these characteristics is under-evaulated. That way you might pick up some 18-5 players for the price of an 18-4

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

blahblah wrote:Yep, I would be hitting the 47k market pretty hard.
whats the relevence of 47k? and I have to wait till the 30th I take it (season end) what about the youngsters, they just get offered to me every now and then at random?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The offers cost 35kish, and you can pick positions, but I would leave yours as any - and Scottish players seem produce better ofeerings, allegedly.

47k is the cheapest you can get players for. I don't evaluate them (250k), as they can just be sacked if they are really bad, but 17\2 with good Sq's can be got for 47k.............

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

If there's one thing you can be sure of Baz, its that any results with this team will be down to the skill of the manager! :lol:

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

all new teams need a total overhaul baz

will have a closer look today and let you know

18/4 vanillas are a good start for you to buy a youth of in each position

and stick to the reliable agents for now, then you wont be buying any shit ones

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Beerfuelledman wrote:If there's one thing you can be sure of Baz, its that any results with this team will be down to the skill of the manager! :lol:

is that a roundabout way of saying my team is shite! :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Patrician wrote:One tip when you are buying the youngsters, click through and analyse their stats. You want to pick up players that have already played at least 3-4 (ideally more), games in the current season, for a team that has a high average form. There is a good (~50%) chance that a player with these characteristics is under-evaulated. That way you might pick up some 18-5 players for the price of an 18-4
Enlightenment Point: The Players are not actually 3 Bar, or 4 Bar etc a 3 Bar is between 2.6 and 3.5, and a 4 Bar 3.6 to 4.5 Skill.

When Players are Transferred they get a "mini CR", and it is possible that a 3.3 Skill player could become a 3.6 Skill, hence providing an extra visible Bar. However, for playing purposes it is only a 0.3 increase.

I have not knowingly bought any such players, but I would imagine they will be hard to get a Double Visible Skill Jump for a fair few seasons. However, if you are looking to sell the player on the following season, then a few bob is to be made, assuming you can get DV to 16 min, for a visible in the CR.

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

Oh Barry, unlucky! I know all new teams need gutting, but that does seem a touch on the bad side... having said that if you get your tactics right and keep their form high you can get out of division 8 with that team.

The Hattrick League only has one game left. So dont spend ANY money training them this week. You wont makea dent in their average form so its wasted money. You want to have every player you intend to use in training so that they finish the day after the change report. That way they all start with a nice green form arrow and. Your aim is to just keep them all in good form, you want to be top of your team form table all season.

Youth players wont come until the transfer window opens again. You are certain to get one every thirty days minimum, but you wont have to wait that long. The probability is on a sliding scale. One day after your last youth youre extremely unlikely to get one, sliding up to thirty days after your last youth youre certain to get one. Promote all youths you get, even the bad ones will work out better than the 25/5 parade of oddities you have right now... it really is the human equivalent of a bag of broken biscuits! A 27/3 :oops: :lol:

Dont lose heart though, any manager paying attention to the opposition can get out of Div 8 within 2 seasons as half the managers down there are dribbling buffoons. So you will get a little taste of winning before it gets hard. My team started in Division 8, although they werent as bad as yours as they werent a new team they had 1 point with the last game of the season to come. I got dicked 4-0 in my first game and then pissed Div 8 the next season. Now they are starting to look like a Div 4 team.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Karrde wrote:You want to have every player you intend to use in training so that they finish the day after the change report. That way they all start with a nice green form arrow and. Your aim is to just keep them all in good form, you want to be top of your team form table all season.
This is really important, but the CR could be "interesting". Strictly speaking you have no chance of any visibles, as I reckon they are all about 10 DV, so they may all be a year older, with the same Skill Level. If the Resign Option is tempting, as that lot all a year older is even worse.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

blahblah wrote: If the Resign Option is tempting, as that lot all a year older is even worse.
pmsl, I was actually thinking "nope, that team is guff" and looking for the "reset" button :lol:

especially when you look at the bottom team in the league in comparison to mine...... any one of his players would get straight into my squad!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

barry wrote:
blahblah wrote: If the Resign Option is tempting, as that lot all a year older is even worse.
pmsl, I was actually thinking "nope, that team is guff" and looking for the "reset" button :lol:

especially when you look at the bottom team in the league in comparison to mine...... any one of his players would get straight into my squad!
Is that team managed?

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

Dont resign. Loyalty is a factor in your xpert rating. If you ditch clubs too often then your rating plummets and you wont get new jobs. Gut it out for a couple of seasons. If you get your manager skill rating up and get a good xpert rating for loyalty, activity and press releases. Then if youre not bothered about this team you can probably apply for and get a vacant div 7 or even 6 team.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Ashers wrote:
barry wrote:

Is that team managed?
aye, active and last visit 7 hours ago.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Lucky for you, that team will not be in your league next season.

They mix all the leagues up at the end of the season and you will have new opponents.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Xpert Eleven”