To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

A MUST READ – NEW MANAGERS

A forum for discussion on the Xpert Eleven Fantasy Management Simulation game
Angry Alien
Grumpy Old Man

Re: A MUST READ – NEW MANAGERS

Post by Angry Alien »

blahblah wrote:Of course I do, but the point is that he is bad at what you can not see.

All players have the same number of units for all SQ's, so the more that are high, the more that are low.
Basically we are saying the same thing.

That you need to exploit your players known Sq's to the max??

We could do with some input from TBC

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Angry Alien wrote:
blahblah wrote:Of course I do, but the point is that he is bad at what you can not see.

All players have the same number of units for all SQ's, so the more that are high, the more that are low.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

You are missing the other side of the coin. While he is good at what you see, he will not be so good at what you can not see.

As an aside, isn't it weird that there is no tackle SQ?

Angry Alien
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Angry Alien »

blahblah wrote:
Angry Alien wrote:

:evil: :evil: :evil:

You are missing the other side of the coin. While he is good at what you see, he will not be so good at what you can not see.

As an aside, isn't it weird that there is no tackle SQ?
Tough is as close as you get :roll:

So that is good because you know a players strengths and weaknesses.
And play them accordingly.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yes to weaknesses, or do not buy them etc.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

blahblah wrote:Got me to have another look at it. This was one of the bits that stuck in my mind, as the rest becomes self-evident after a while.

This is because we‟ve given each player has a base-strength which is a hidden trait. This is something that can explain why there are several unexpected results in the games.” What it means? Contraduck added his interpretation: “The hidden strength thing just means that there's a baseline amount of skill that all players have no matter how many skill bars you see. Think of it as meaning that each player has a few extra skill bars than what you can see in the game. This value is the same for every player. Say, for example, that base level of skill is 4 bars worth. Now that means a player with 5 visible skill bars is actually a 9 internally, and a player with 10 visible bars is actually a 14 internally. While it may seem that the 10 bar player should be twice as good as the 5 bar, the actual skill difference isn't quite that large.” Problem is that no player has figured out a way to estimate the „hidden skill value‟ so far. Anyway, it means that the skill is not as hard a value as you might think. It‟s an indication. Useful, but only as a „soft‟ value.

Cut and pasted from pdf, so apologies for the odd punctuation.
cfc, this bit

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

blahblah wrote:
blahblah wrote:Got me to have another look at it. This was one of the bits that stuck in my mind, as the rest becomes self-evident after a while.

This is because we‟ve given each player has a base-strength which is a hidden trait. This is something that can explain why there are several unexpected results in the games.” What it means? Contraduck added his interpretation: “The hidden strength thing just means that there's a baseline amount of skill that all players have no matter how many skill bars you see. Think of it as meaning that each player has a few extra skill bars than what you can see in the game. This value is the same for every player. Say, for example, that base level of skill is 4 bars worth. Now that means a player with 5 visible skill bars is actually a 9 internally, and a player with 10 visible bars is actually a 14 internally. While it may seem that the 10 bar player should be twice as good as the 5 bar, the actual skill difference isn't quite that large.” Problem is that no player has figured out a way to estimate the „hidden skill value‟ so far. Anyway, it means that the skill is not as hard a value as you might think. It‟s an indication. Useful, but only as a „soft‟ value.

Cut and pasted from pdf, so apologies for the odd punctuation.
cfc, this bit
Spirey was saying that the hidden skill is the same for every player. Think the highlighted line backs him up.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

For some reason I took this to be different for each player, and this would make more sense. This does not explain "results" but a smaller differential. I have some players who consistently play substantially above their skill and form, and saw this as an explanation...

I will go back to the pdf, when I get some time.......

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Xpert Eleven”