To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Public League

A forum for discussion on the Xpert Eleven Fantasy Management Simulation game
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Public League

Post by blahblah »

I think that is valid in un-mature squads, but as they mature then the goal should be two doubles, rather than worrying about getting singles.

Similarly it is different in 6 team Divisions playing twice a week than Pub sides, as injuries have a far bigger impact, so there is some risk...

crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

Post by crispybits »

blahblah wrote:I still think that you have another couple to sell and at least one to buy :lol:

Those 23+ year olds will need to play in (as good as) all of the matches to get DV>=AF. While that 4-5-1 will be very strong and would probably romp the Division, the 22 & unders won't have played.

I would sell Yeoman, due to Carlsen being a FK'er and one of the 12 Skill mids. While Cales is the obvious one to me, he could hit the average age. By the way Bajlo is about to get man-marked into semi-permanent injury, allowing me some sweeping exaggeration. (For some reason Playmakers pick up cards and injuries more than the rest, in my experience, possibly because they have more of the ball?) So a leftfield option would be to list him as well: as some adore those SQ's and get a 22\10+ or 23\11+ with the cash?

And get a 16\3 mid, or two, to maintain the age gaps.
Before anything else, I realise that this post may come across as argumentative, that's just my writing style. I disagree with some of what you're saying, but mostly I'm confused so trying to clarify my thoughts so you can tell me where I'm not understanding your points.

DV is why I will be using squad rotation and subs etc - the 4-5-1 strongest XI will only turn up in probably 4 games this season against the other two strongest teams in the division (one of which was this morning and I won 2-0 away from home :D )

And you've really confused me. Bajlo, a 23/10, is about to get man-marked into oblivion over 4 players higher skilled than him (12,12,12,14), one of which also has the intelligent SQ? Why would anyone mark the weakest player in my strongest midfield once let alone it becoming a habit for lots of teams to do it?

A strongest XI without either Cales or Yeoman is do-able but I don't see the purpose. Sure I could replace both with youngsters right now but what happens in 2-3 seasons time when at least 2 of my new mentor players likely retire? I just have to go splash more cash on more 3-5m older players whereas hopefully the current mentors can help those two turn into the future mentors. There are gaps at the bottom end of the development chain right now I agree, but I don't see them as being so urgent I need to keep trying to tinker. I can easily buy 2 16-17 year old imdfielders next silly season without messing with the age gaps too much, by which time I can sell of Harclog for some nice cash to pay for them, especially if I can make him double this year (he's pretty high in his skill band atm and coming to the end of his likely doubling period and too close age wise to Draganescu to be anything but a farm in my mind)

That also gives the 5* YA another 3-5 tries at providing me with the next starlet during the season, seeing as I'm paying for it anyway...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

No problem with bluntness with me :lol: :lol:

In a season or two Bajlo will be of the same skill as those above him and will become a magnet for marking. (Quite a lot of managers think marking a FK'er is a good idea, but I believe it has no impact on FK's, but does increase injuries and cards.)

Bear\bare :lol: with me on the DV theory.

Very simply, ME and hence DV goes down the skills of players like a steep river ie gaps are good for keeping players increasing at CR's, and getting doubles which, at worst raise cash. (Think of the volume of water ie the amount of skills of players higher than them; and the speed of the water ie the slope of the gaps in skill between the higher players.)

What you have is more like a cliff with the 28 and 26 year olds, with slow running water from the 33 year old, lose one and the water will speed up a bit for them, if the analogy makes sense.

The 28's will be very difficult to jump and more importantly take ME from the kids as they need a considerable amount of games more. W1lbert knows more about the percentages: but I expect a 28 to need at least 90-95% of games to get DV=AF, while a 16 year old is 20-33%, and can be lower with strong opponents. Older players also react less well to training so cost more and are harder to get AF to 15+. I would guess that a couple of 16 year olds playing 45 mins each will get DV=>AF in 5 games tops if played with the correct combination of players, and you should be strong enough to get through a few Cup rounds, which will give them 4 games....

In short :lol: Having so many 25-28 year olds, with no skill gaps is: throttling the development of the 23 year olds, and is stopping you bringing through kids for the future and cash for new better youths....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

This might explain it a bit more clearly: conundrum-t103287.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

right, here's the new look to the team then, ready for the season ahead.

Have offer in for Bray, so he's going. Will sack Wittenburg and Raman (unless I get an unlikely offer for him).

17/4 keeper instead of an 18/5 as that market looked better reasonable SQ's I thought, would like a double jump from him!
16/3 mid instead of a 16/4 as prices were ridiculous.

still got a couple mill in bank but will need to keep that for training.

Fingers crossed for a good cup run to get these guys jumping well. League not so tricky by the look of it, so they will all get a few games under their belt there too.

Thanks for all advice so far, and feel free to throw more my way!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

Nice sq's on your 17 year old keeper. How much did you spend on him? 3.8 mil??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

That a random guess, or did you sell him? :lol:

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

And I do think you'll get a bid for Wittenburg. He's a decent skill grade and a free kicker. He'll be of use to someone. For a guaranteed two seasons

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

blahblah wrote:That a random guess, or did you sell him? :lol:
A random guess. Given what the market is like these days......

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Bazza. If Wittenburg doesn't sell first time. Just make sure you keep listing him. He'll go at some point

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, someone with a squad of kids will want him, and maybe more and you'll get a few Econs for him.

I am clueless regarding prices, tbh.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

barry wrote: Can't sell either Lange or whittenberg as they both want to end their career ..... :roll:

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

keeper 7mill :shock:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Which is Lange, or am I going really stupid?

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

blahblah wrote:Which is Lange, or am I going really stupid?
sacked him already was a 32/9 defender

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Phew, I was getting worried there :oops: :lol:

Post a link to the Club, so I can see the Division?

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

you mean this? - http://www.xperteleven.com/team.aspx?TeamID=333288&dh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep.

I think you have little chance of getting promotion there as the other two that won the first games are too good.

Does that river stuff above make sense?

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

blahblah wrote:
I think you have little chance of getting promotion there as the other two that won the first games are too good.

Does that river stuff above make sense?
agreed, but think I'll survive, so bringing on the youngsters is my goal this season.

I didn't read it all to be honest, will do at some point!

crispybits
Dumbledore

Post by crispybits »

If you haven't already sacked Wittenberg I probably wouldn't now - don't get me wrong don't train him and don't even put him on the subs bench, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility if Clode gets injured for a game or two even on mediocre form he may be helpful in getting your average age up until Clode recovers. He costs you nothing to just let him rot in the background just in case.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

crispybits wrote:If you haven't already sacked Wittenberg I probably wouldn't now - don't get me wrong don't train him and don't even put him on the subs bench, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility if Clode gets injured for a game or two even on mediocre form he may be helpful in getting your average age up until Clode recovers. He costs you nothing to just let him rot in the background just in case.
that makes sense.

cheers crispy.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

https://www.xperteleven.com/player.aspx ... 19650&dh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

18/4 mid with heading and intel. Hard trainer might be useful for someone?

In other news I thrashed Stiinta U Craiova (cheat gate ) today.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

taking a 4-2 lead into the 2nd leg away tie in the cup - should I go heavy defence 451 541 and play "Very defensive"?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

You only have 4 fit defenders :wink:

3-5-2 defensive should be enough, as it gives you a chance to get an away goal...

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

blahblah wrote:You only have 4 fit defenders :wink:

3-5-2 defensive should be enough, as it gives you a chance to get an away goal...
aye, good spot :oops:

defensive or V. defensive...... don't think I've ever played V. Defensive before!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Def as you may get an away goal, congrats on the 1st leg win, btw.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

blahblah wrote:Def as you may get an away goal, congrats on the 1st leg win, btw.
cheers pal, aye, saw that team and thought there was a wee sneaky chance, went for it!

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Nice youth Barry, see you put him straight on the transfer market. Wanting to buy an island somewhere?
https://www.xperteleven.com/player.aspx ... 55103&dh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

crispybits
Dumbledore

Post by crispybits »

So, walking my division at the moment but technically all teams are pretty strong. 5 games left and 6 points clear.

But, looking for advice about how to get DV into the ones lagging a bit without hurting my team strength too bad in the next 5 games. Do I try and do 1-2 youths at a time swapping between each other on 60 minutes or go all out for a game or two for all the laggards realising I might lose but using the dvantage I've built to cushion my top spot and maybe accept a lost game as a consequence?

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

Swapping them in for the worst performing def/mid/for at half-time works for me. As you get closer to the season end you could then look at giving them full games, if required.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Xpert Eleven”