To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Public League

A forum for discussion on the Xpert Eleven Fantasy Management Simulation game
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Public League

Post by blahblah »

It looks like they have been kind to me, and I have a chance of mid-table stability this season, after promotion.

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Re: Public League

Post by Karrde »

All the best to you.

3 games to go in my Public season. It looks like I will have a sweat on to the end. Two of us about 100 points clear of the rest, and I travel to their place for the final game where the winner gets promoted the loser settles for the play offs.

Go go Currahee Valiants!!

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I've won stuff...

Post by Mintman »

You play in the Hatrick league then too Karrde? I took over a new club club 4 games ago, and won 3 out of 4. I'm still in the relegation places, but have my destiny in my own hands!! :D

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Yep. Division 7:75, check the team out by clicking on me from the Fiso League. Loads of potential in that team as well as the genius that is Georg Fogde. Thank god he is back from a month long injury before the crunch game. The guy is a goal scoring beast!.

At one point this season my form was ranked 2nd out of the 2800 Hattrick teams, so I better get a sweet change report to go with my (fingers crossed) promotion.

Good luck Mintman, even if it turns out you joined too late to save them, you will walk it next season. Hopefully you can complete the great escape and kick on next season. I will get a couple of pre-season friendlies with you too.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

Just a had a peek at your team, certainly looks like a tight finish there!! The team above you are in rubbish form with 2 away games before you face them, so fingers crossed you will only need a draw. :D Fogde certainly looks a player, and as you say some decent young prospects too. I'm hoping for a decent CR too, just trying to get all of my players upto 100% match experience before the end of the season. Relegation won't be too bad, but I reckon I could be in for a good season next year regardless of where I am playing. Even my old team looks like getting promotion too, gotta be good for the CV!!! :lol: Yeah some pre season games would be good. :D

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
Location: Having a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Post by fancy dan »

Wednesfield Villa are down with one game still to go :oops: - here's to bouncing straight back up next season...

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Mintman wrote: Fogde certainly looks a player
With all due respect we do not refer to Fogde as a "player" at 15 goals in 13 games he is beyond any humanised terms. We refer to him as The Beast :lol:

I love him, I literally nearly cried when he got such a bad injury :lol: He has the Moody Hidden Quality, so even though he is 11 skill bars he has been known to turn in 16 bar performances :P

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

it is the dreaded hattrick league retirement mail tomorrow

it may destroy my team

i am equal with another team fighting for a play off place to get back in the top division

heres hoping on both fronts

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

not sure i quite understand

Angry Alien
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Angry Alien »

This might be a stupid question, how many teams get promoted??
is it top 3?? :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Angry Alien wrote:This might be a stupid question, how many teams get promoted??

Your League Table will be Colour Coded. It was 4 from mine, and play-offs are shown by a dotted line.

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Division 8 will be 4 up. Division 7 is 1 up and 1 playoff spot.

Angry Alien
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Angry Alien »

Cheers, that makes it top 3 then.

as it is my first season, it may be best to stay where i am
and develop

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Angry Alien wrote:This might be a stupid question, how many teams get promoted??

Top 4 in Div 8 but 0nly 2 up and 2 down in other Divs i think.
I took over a team in Div 8:55 earlier in the season. In every season they had finished last every season and looking back on the archive results were regularly beaten 5-0 or 6-0. It's a very young team and I made a few changes and now sit in 3rd place with 2 fairly tough games left and only 2 points clear in the promotion places but I'm hopeful

I'd love to be able to join a 2nd xpert league but only allowed 1. I am allowed 3 private leagues tho

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

are you in 3 privsate leagues?

would you like to join our yoof league

1 team is available
and they are good and rich

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

spireiteontour wrote:are you in 3 privsate leagues?

would you like to join our yoof league

1 team is available
and they are good and rich
Only in the FISO league so if there is a spare yoof one I wouldn't mind a go

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

that space was filled this morning but there are others to join and am sure there will be one available again soon

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

This season ends on 10th April.....

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Currahee Valiants promoted! GET IN. Just need the beast to stay injury free next season!

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Karrde wrote:Currahee Valiants promoted! GET IN. Just need the beast to stay injury free next season!

Congrats

My public team got promoted too (although only from div 8)

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

nice one! first step to the top division!

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Karrde wrote:nice one! first step to the top division!

In my dreams!
I will struggle next season I think.
The team finished bottom of Div 8 every season for last 6-7 seasons and is a very young team. I hope the change report gives me a few more skill bars. I took it over at the end of last season and played about 3 games then and then this my first full season. I'd gone 2-3 games into the year before I picked up our first win.
Had to bring in some older, experienced players who i will get rid of in the new season if I get a good change report and I need to cut down on midfield and rebuild defence (when I took over I only had 3 defenders!)

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I did something very similar Surprised. I took over late in the first season and got them off the bottom with a couple of wins. Complete revamp of the squad and won Div 8 at the first real attempt. Now I've consolidated in Div 7, despite being the weakest in my league for both seasons.

Not sure if I'll quite manage promotion next season as my squad is still quite young and there are actually some very strong Div 7 sides out there.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Cheers for the RMT Karrde.
Echos my thoughts really. I need to get rid of at least 2 midfielders and invest in a defender and a forward.
All depends on the change report really.
It will be either sell/sack:
2 MF and get 1 def and 1 striker
2 MF and get 2 def
2 mf and 1 striker and get 2 def and 1 striker
3 mf and get 2 def and 1 striker

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Post by fancy dan »

Relegated in my first Public League season :oops:

Season starts again today - here's to bouncing straight back up...

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

I took over my team with one game to go and they had just 2 points. I think I got dicked 4-1 to finish with 2 points too :lol:

With minor surgery I destroyed division 8, but was then ranked 7/8 I think for my first crack at division 7 but was still only a missed penalty from the playoffs. Now ive gone up again after being ranked 5 of 8. I think being a good manager down in division 8 and 7 is enough to overcome a weak squad.

The hangover from these poor teams we took over hits in division 6 I expect. My teams skill bar level is going to be awful compared to my opponents and I cant imagine running into too many idiot managers wasting good squads. Even if I yoyo for a couple of seasons I think its possible to develop a great squad from any position... given enough time :lol:

For a good example of a top side ruined by a drooling imbecile of a manager. Look at Muse FC from my division this year. How he only finished mid table with that squad is a mystery. http://www.xperteleven.com/team.aspx?teamid=164610&dh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Its 3 bars higher than the second best team!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Karrde wrote:I took over my team with one game to go and they had just 2 points. I think I got dicked 4-1 to finish with 2 points too :lol:

With minor surgery I destroyed division 8, but was then ranked 7/8 I think for my first crack at division 7 but was still only a missed penalty from the playoffs. Now ive gone up again after being ranked 5 of 8. I think being a good manager down in division 8 and 7 is enough to overcome a weak squad.

The hangover from these poor teams we took over hits in division 6 I expect. My teams skill bar level is going to be awful compared to my opponents and I cant imagine running into too many idiot managers wasting good squads. Even if I yoyo for a couple of seasons I think its possible to develop a great squad from any position... given enough time :lol:

For a good example of a top side ruined by a drooling imbecile of a manager. Look at Muse FC from my division this year. How he only finished mid table with that squad is a mystery. http://www.xperteleven.com/team.aspx?teamid=164610&dh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Its 3 bars higher than the second best team!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Change Report for my team today. Promotion and 16 extra visable skill bars. Good times. Im still going to be one of the weakest Div6 teams, but that is a boost!

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mintman »

Karrde wrote:Change Report for my team today. Promotion and 16 extra visable skill bars. Good times. Im still going to be one of the weakest Div6 teams, but that is a boost!
I was going to ask what would be a good change report. I managed 9 visable increases, but given the state of my team when I took over i'm quite happy with that.

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan

Post by fancy dan »

fancy dan wrote:Relegated in my first Public League season :oops:

Season starts again today - here's to bouncing straight back up...
Lost the first game and got my star striker injured for a couple of weeks :roll: - I don't know what's up with these players, I've almost completely overhauled the team but I'm still not getting the results... :?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Xpert Eleven”