To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Xpert 11 - Fiso League thread.

A forum for discussion on the Xpert Eleven Fantasy Management Simulation game
Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Xpert 11 - Fiso League thread.

Post by Karrde »

First pre-season friendlies tomorrow. Ive started this thread for match banter and results. Good luck all. :D

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Re: Xpert 11 - Fiso League thread.

Post by Spencer4 »

I don't really have much of an idea what's going on here at all.

I decided to train one of my players, but it cost 50% of my whole bankroll :shock: so that was a bad idea.

I can work out the tractics bit, but don't understand how new players are arriving in the league or what I can do about getting any (if I had any money left of course).

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

You need to do a sponsor activity each week. If you do it correctly you can get 1mil. It can be answering a couple of questions, or a much easier one. This week all I had to do was click a link and got my million for it. I think there may be some kind of cash bonus each week if you have written a press release, but im not totally sure what you have to do to qualify for that.

Im having my first go at this too, but everything ive seen suggests that training is absolutely key.

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

Karrde wrote:You need to do a sponsor activity each week. If you do it correctly you can get 1mil. It can be answering a couple of questions, or a much easier one. This week all I had to do was click a link and got my million for it. I think there may be some kind of cash bonus each week if you have written a press release, but im not totally sure what you have to do to qualify for that.

Im having my first go at this too, but everything ive seen suggests that training is absolutely key.

The sponsership link will get you a million
Writing a press release of longer than 300 characters will get you a further 200 000 econs per week
There is a transfer market available to sign players. Your own players you wish to sell also go on there. You can possibly sign youth team players that get offered in your mailbox. You can set what psoitions the next one will be in your team settings.

Any extra money must be raised through the sale of your own players.
The game is quite complicated in places but quickly picked up by intelligent people like your good selves

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

Entries for Season 1

Team Username Name
The Borg Colle... Cfcrule69 (thats me)
Kickers XI KickersXI
Go Ahead Pigeons Spencer4
Manchester Higgi MHiggi
Bloggie FC Bloggie
Twin Peaks Ran... Karrde
The Ringers Ri... Jonaldo7
Smoke City ThePom
ManJester United Je5ter
YumYum11 Pasty1973
Montreal Fancy... Fancydan

Opening friendlies played today. TheBorg went down 4-3 to Twin Peakes

(Friendlies mean nothing though ;)

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

8-) Twin Peaks performing as expected. Entertaining the fans and collecting wins.

Just had an absolute quality piece of mail too.
Bobby Briggs was challenged by his mate to a heading competition. The idea was to see who could keep the ball up in the air the longest, without letting it touch the floor. After half an hour, Bobby Briggs began to get a headache, and quit the challenge. After taking some paracetamols everything returned to normal and there were no ill effects.
Thats properly tickled me that :lol:

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

How do I see friendlies. Clicked on matches played and it just says 'none'... :?

(Just printed off the rules to read whilst I should be working!! :lol: )

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

Jester wrote:How do I see friendlies. Clicked on matches played and it just says 'none'... :?

did youhave a friendly organised?

I challenged Karrde-- he got lucky

am away to Bloggie on Thuirsday in a friendly

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Jester wrote:How do I see friendlies. Clicked on matches played and it just says 'none'... :?

I did challenge you but I though you chickened out!

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Karrde wrote:You need to do a sponsor activity each week. If you do it correctly you can get 1mil. It can be answering a couple of questions, or a much easier one. This week all I had to do was click a link and got my million for it. I think there may be some kind of cash bonus each week if you have written a press release, but im not totally sure what you have to do to qualify for that.

Sponsor activities: You used to have to answer 3 questions (incredibly easy questions basically used to draw attention to the sponsors) but I can't even remember the last time that happened. Not really an issue either way, but it all seems to be just clicking on the links for the 1,000,000 econ now.

Press releases: to get your 200k you need to write a release of 250 characters or more a week. The week runs from Monday-Sunday and the money is paid on Tuesday.

Training: It's expensive but you're right, it is essential to doing well. Partly because of the fact the players will perform better if they are in high form, but at the end of the season the players with high average form will increase in skill.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

There were just two friendlies played today. Mine team limped to a 1-0 win, nothing like the fun and games in the 4-3 thriller! The two winning teams are playing each other on Thursday.

We've got time to play 2 more friendlies before the league starts, so get 'em organised.

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

Karrde wrote:8-) Twin Peaks performing as expected. Entertaining the fans and collecting wins.

Just had an absolute quality piece of mail too.
Bobby Briggs was challenged by his mate to a heading competition. The idea was to see who could keep the ball up in the air the longest, without letting it touch the floor. After half an hour, Bobby Briggs began to get a headache, and quit the challenge. After taking some paracetamols everything returned to normal and there were no ill effects.
Thats properly tickled me that :lol:

Ilove these mails

here are some more I have had

1- Al Cornfeld was in town and felt a sudden urge for a sausage. Without thinking he jumped the queue and at the same time muttered something rude about pensioners. The old lady next to him started shouting and hitting him with her handbag. In the bag was her perfume bottle which hit Al Cornfeld right on the nose. Al Cornfeld will be unable to train or play matches for 14 days because of a broken nose.

2- Eachann Given, Álvaro Jardel, Maciek Zielinski, and Murrough MacHenry have been temporarily sharing accommodations for the past week due to personal problems with their better halves. Due to stress, they mix up Eachann Given's vitamins that Eachann Given been sharing with teammates with Álvaro Jardel's prescribed sleeping pills, which took 3 days to be noticed. All of them suffer a temporary loss of form as a result, but claim they've never slept so well!

3- Kenny Burns was walking down the high street when an old lady asks him to help her cross the road. He kindly obliges and is rewarded with a big hug and a peck on the cheek. He marches off whistling to himself and feeling good for doing his bit to help, blissfully unaware that the old lady has just stolen his wallet. Like most of the players today, he is hideously overpaid so his form is not affected.

4- Peyton Gardiner chose training instead of fetching his children from day care. That choice resulted in a nasty bruise from a rolling pin. He will however be able to play football but will not be able to head the ball and he loses a bit of form. (when i received this mail Peyton Gardner was 17!)

5- In a recent motorbiking day out Homer Fish visited a roadside food van and bought a warm meat pie. Unfortunately being the slowest rider he was last in the queue and his fellow riders set off. Seeing them leave he put his pie in the chest section of his leathers and suffered minor burns and fell off his bike. He wasn't injured but the pie incident was photographed and put on Facebook. The embarrasment has ruined his form.

6- On a recent team-building climbing day Brendan Inishmore was put off by a strong breeze that tore through his hair gel. His dismay caused him to lose his footing and fall! Luckily he was cushioned by the hedgerow underneath. Since then he has taken up topiary and his new relaxed attitude has made him feel good within himself with no effects.

7- Steve Estabrook and Duane Canham have secretly been meeting up in private and maintaining a hush over their activities. A local hack decided to investigate after a tip off but instead found out that the players were giving up their own time to support charities and help out at the local hospital. As a result of all the positive press coverage, the form has improved greatly for the two players although they remain very modest regarding their headlines 'Top Role Models'!

8- Ted Lough gets a nice win bonus from goals scored, so he decides to buy his wife breast enhancement surgery. When she comes home he admires her new look and his form goes through the roof.

This guy was 18 and has never scored a goal...

9- Christen Lunde who is known to stay in bed late was seen by several independent sources walking down by the river very early one morning, and subsequent rumours spread suggesting everything from "drink problems" to "late nights playing video games with friends". Now it has come to everyone's attention that Christen Lunde has gone and fallen hopelessly in love with his teammate Cirilo Lasa's older sister. From this joy the player's form is slightly improved. Cirilo Lasa's form also improves because he is happy someone has finally fallen for his hopelessly unattractive older sister, as he thought she would be doomed to a lonely life.

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

spireiteontour wrote: Ilove these mails

here are some more I have had

9- Christen Lunde who is known to stay in bed late was seen by several independent sources walking down by the river very early one morning, and subsequent rumours spread suggesting everything from "drink problems" to "late nights playing video games with friends". Now it has come to everyone's attention that Christen Lunde has gone and fallen hopelessly in love with his teammate Cirilo Lasa's older sister. From this joy the player's form is slightly improved. Cirilo Lasa's form also improves because he is happy someone has finally fallen for his hopelessly unattractive older sister, as he thought she would be doomed to a lonely life.
I've had that one too :lol:

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Ive played twice today... is that normal? I had no idea the match was coming and didnt set up for it :oops:

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Karrde wrote:Ive played twice today... is that normal? I had no idea the match was coming and didnt set up for it :oops:
Hmmm, that is unusual. It happened in another of my leagues once - it was only possible because the league was created after the first friendly was scheduled. And also because the league admin changed the times of the matches from 10:00 to 19:00.

We've got a match on Thursday morning, and we could probably arrange another one for the evening if we wanted.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

What does FT stand for in the Player Squad screen. There are arrows green and red and black :?

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Spencer4 wrote:What does FT stand for in the Player Squad screen. There are arrows green and red and black :?
I think it's the Form Tendancy.

Certainly the arrows tell you how the players form has changed from the previous notation. You get a form notation after every match (league/cup or friendly) and after form training. Basically green is good and red is bad.

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Thieves have raided Gordon Cole's home and stolen his collection of Koi carp. However, he has no emotional attachment to the fish, and as he is filthy rich, he simply goes out and buys some new fish and a new security system. His form is unaffected.
:lol:

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I'm sure these random mails aren't usually this frequent; they might come more often in new leagues because of the novelty value.

I got this one today:
Robin Rowan returned to his hometown to watch a football match between two local schools. He was spotted by reporters and the game was abandoned as reporters rushed to interview him, while everyone else just wanted his autograph. Robin Rowan was so happy to get so much attention that his form improved.

Pasty
Dumbledore
FS Record: 32nd TFF 07/08 n Fiso 25s Champ

Post by Pasty »

Got a friendly against the Borg Collective, who appear to have a in form team :? (I suddenly feel like Alan Shearer :D ) a few tweeks here and there and there could be an upset on the cards :o

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
Location: Having a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Post by fancy dan »

MHiggi wrote:I'm sure these random mails aren't usually this frequent; they might come more often in new leagues because of the novelty value.

I got this one today:
Robin Rowan returned to his hometown to watch a football match between two local schools. He was spotted by reporters and the game was abandoned as reporters rushed to interview him, while everyone else just wanted his autograph. Robin Rowan was so happy to get so much attention that his form improved.
I haven't had any of these - are they connected with training players, because I haven't tried that? Do they come in your in-game inbox?

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

They are random.

First thing you need to do is a sponsor activity, you will get 1mil for that... and then spend the lot on traning. Its absolutely essential.

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
Location: Having a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Post by fancy dan »

Karrde wrote:They are random.

First thing you need to do is a sponsor activity, you will get 1mil for that... and then spend the lot on traning. Its absolutely essential.
Yup, done that. Just challenged you to a friendly as well!

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

How come I get no emails?

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

Like Karrde said they are random, and I reckon I get them about once every 2-3 weeks normally. He just happens to have received two in his first week. And as you can see they often don't actually do anything.

spireiteontour
Grumpy Old Man

Post by spireiteontour »

just something doen for amusement value these mails ... i havent had one yet with this team... the list i printed were saved in my mailboxes of my other teams

looking forward to the rest of the friendlies

Pasty
Dumbledore
FS Record: 32nd TFF 07/08 n Fiso 25s Champ

Post by Pasty »

what :evil:

YumYum11’s chairman arranged a night out with some of the league's other chairmen and they played poker. Your chairman had borrowed some econ from the club's funds as the stakes were high. After a few hours, the air was thick with smoke and it was time to turn over the final cards. Your chairman was shocked when he saw he lost 293 000 econ from the club's account!

I think I need a word with my chairman :o

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

I just got this for another team:

"Eugene Odding has recently been forced to re-mortgage due to a recent fixed rate package expiring. The player has been badly affected by stress due to the difficulty of securing loans in the current financial marketplace and as a result the player's form has suffered."

His form went down 6 :(

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper

Post by Karrde »

Bad day for you hey Higgi :wink:

Twin Peaks looked sooooo good in that friendly 8-)

MHiggi
FISOhead

Post by MHiggi »

We'll come good when it matters, just you watch :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Xpert Eleven”