To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Conundrum

A forum for discussion on the Xpert Eleven Fantasy Management Simulation game
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Conundrum

Post by blahblah »

Below is my Pub side, with hiddens erased, except HT.

The League is only two games old, and they will be out of the cup next Friday.

This is the Division http://www.xperteleven.com/standings.as ... nr=95&dh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so loads of ME and DV to be gained :)

I am almost certain to get another young GK, as the kid is above AF already (14v15).

I am pondering getting another outfield player as nearly all their AF's are quite good, so I won't have to plough games into them to get DV to 15 from AF of 12. But which position? And how much can I afford? I tend to group defenders and forwards together as I play a lot of 3-5-2's and 4-5-1's so in effect a defender and a forward are the same for selection.

I am genuinely flummoxed as to whether to stick with what I have and pump games into them to try to squeeze the Dv into them for the CR, or get a farm to raise a few million...

Some context\history\plans:

For some reason Decan has been a bstrd re CR's, as I try to get a build a conveyor belt from a 20\8 base.

Yes Amnedal has doubled twice :D (And Tevez did when 16->17)

Adissa was a late YA product last season, and jumped from 16 (I think), but meant a bit of a hit of the rest of the mids DV. Webster is now a farm; I want to keep Kacar, as those SQ's seem to work quite well; so a double and Maakay could be sold.

Bonk is a keeper, and Dodoni will be sold as soon as he doubles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

barry
FISO Knight

Re: Conundrum

Post by barry »

you best get another striker if bonk is a keeper.

:wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

:lol: :lol:

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Those two 21 year old midfielders look a bit handy.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Sundstrom has doubled, but not Fast; but Amnedal is my fave...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

A shiny new 17\4 HT'ing fister arrives overnight, and there is one more on the TM, that I know of.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I'd keep everyone until they double or are 22, then assess. By all means farm in season with that cash.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Well, here is the CR after I splashed some cash. Yes, there are 5 Doubler there, although Amnedal didn't consolidate his two Doubles and every other year single development, but hey ho I now have Sundstrom on two doubles with singles in the other years :shock:

I now have to work out whether to get an uber-skilled midifielder to help with the ME\DV of the 22 year old midfielders. The idea behind the club was to only buy kids, but I am not sure there will be the strength in the opposition this season, as there were plenty of high skillers in the Division last season. Pinnocchio how I got them to 3rd in the Division: by the way the 50k's for MotR is for Leagues finishing from now and the money gets paid at the end of the season - as this lot got 250k from last season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Nice work blah. Shame the increased squad size wasn't around before Abrey decided to retire.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Those are the remnants of the Club that I took over - ie a load of oldies. I sold half and kept half to drain ME out of them with a few relegations thrown in for more ME\DV :lol:

Dodoni and Webster are on the list, and I will wait and see how many uber-skilled players there are in the Division before buying any more kids. The second place team didn;t go up, but are collection of 23 10-12's, which won't help that much.

A 14 skill midfielder is tempting me, if I get the 11m I have listed those two for. It would help me get some Cup games into them and ME into the ones I have. No point getting all those doubles, and then not consolidating them.....

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Now THIS is retirement blocking :shock:

http://xperteleven.com/players.aspx?Tea ... ost=0&dh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

What a waste of a 22/11 :shock:

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

I disagree. I don't think that player will go to waste at all. Michelep appears to be one of the more experienced managers on Xpert 11. he will know exactly what he is doing ;-)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I didn't look at the manager, tbh.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

blahblah wrote:Well, here is the CR after I splashed some cash. Yes, there are 5 Doubler there, although Amnedal didn't consolidate his two Doubles and every other year single development, but hey ho I now have Sundstrom on two doubles with singles in the other years :shock:

I now have to work out whether to get an uber-skilled midifielder to help with the ME\DV of the 22 year old midfielders. The idea behind the club was to only buy kids, but I am not sure there will be the strength in the opposition this season, as there were plenty of high skillers in the Division last season.
Well here is the next CR with 4 Doublers, so 9 in two seasons, although some were sold last season. I did buy a couple of uber's, which paid off CR wise, and got me an unexpected promotion :shock:

I only have 2.3m, so I need to raise some Econs to fund a 16 year old defender, or two, as 4 years is too big a gap?

Tondela is my only non-HT Keeper, and could raise 2.7m (EV). I think I can manage good DV's with three Keepers, assuming that the higher Division is stronger, but I am not convinced about that, tbh.

Poon is the obvious defender, and having six, could be one too many? But his EV is only 2.2m.

Orosz has just doubled to 5.2m, and is tempting to sell, as I hole the 19 and 20 year olds for a few seasons. (Tevez doubled very young, so may double again, and I like Kacar's Int Hding SQ's.) The problem with selling Orosz is that I would need a 16 year old, or two. Adissa 8m, is a possible and would avoid the need for the 16 year old(s)...

Both young Forwards are FK'ing HT'ers and while Bonk is fragile I want to keep him until if\when Gotherstrom doubles, as I did the equivalent of selling Bonk before, hence having a below path Decan :(

I was thinking :shock: as I typed and I am erring towards Tondela, Poon and Adissa, rather than Orosz at the moment. This could bring in 12m for two 16 year old defenders with loads left over?

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Very, very nice blah! You have time with this developing squad so wouldn't rush. Depending/keeping an eye on exact skill I'd try and single Orosz for the next 2 seasons and you'll get much more value out of him.

Just a personal view with nothing to back it up but DV into defenders and forwards seem to be easier these days. Playing 451 and 352 until recently seemed to really diminish returns.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

For my Clubs midfields are easiest to get DV into then defenders and forwards being a pain, butt hen I do not have (m)and old forwards, which would help - but that is the issue with 4-5-1 and 3-5-2 as back up?

The reason I tend to sell doublers early is to create the age gaps, which is why Poon should really go as six defenders is too many? Unless I sell Adissa and go 6-6-3?

Also, I have a few pairs of players: eg if Gotherstrom doubles I can sell the fraglie Bonk; Tevez can go in a few seasons, as (above) he has a chance of another double; Beretta is unlikely to see 30 at the Club etc.

(And yes I have OCD about 3 defenders no more than 7 years apart, mids 3 each and forwards 6 :oops: :lol: )

I will work out the Actuals later: I have them for last season, somewhere, and most should be narrow due to the doubles...

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Get rid of Kacar

Replace him with a 17/4

And then ask yourself why you have 2 x 18/4's in your team!?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Inspirational :lol:

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

blahblah wrote:For my Clubs midfields are easiest to get DV into then defenders and forwards being a pain, butt hen I do not have (m)and old forwards, which would help - but that is the issue with 4-5-1 and 3-5-2 as back up?
That's what I think's changed, it seems easier to get DV into D & F these days, IMO they have tweaked the systems slightly so that players get more DV from the whgole team rather than from position.
blahblah wrote: Also, I have a few pairs of players: eg if Gotherstrom doubles I can sell the fraglie Bonk; Tevez can go in a few seasons, as (above) he has a chance of another double; Beretta is unlikely to see 30 at the Club etc.
Might be an option to focus on Tevez/Kacar - they will be your cashcows 3 or 4 years difference is not much of a step for your OCD surely? (I'd keep them till they're 22)

I'd also not run with three keepers, sell them both and buy a 17/5. Even better sell all 3 buy a Vet and a 17/5.

Rich - they were 17/4's who are now 18/5 and 18/6. You been on the sauce :P

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

blind as a bat :oops:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Two suspensions cost me the title in the last game of the season, and losing to the lot in 3rd means no play off, either :roll:

Still DV's are awesome, again with 2x18, 9x17, 4x16 and 1x15 so it should be a good CR.

One of the 19-20 year old mids will be sold, and no likely purchases this CS :(

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Xpert Eleven”