To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

I've got a team!

A forum for discussion on the Xpert Eleven Fantasy Management Simulation game
Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

I've got a team!

Post by Spinynorman »

Well I was mooching about on Expert11 yesterday and did at one point have a look at the public league section as I was browsing by. This morning I get up to a message saying that my application was succesful. :?

I am now the manager of Bairro Novo in division 7:74 of the Extreme League.

The team is an absolute shocker. :shock:

Me being me I will stay with it and try not to make it even worse. :mrgreen:

Any tips? :P

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: I've got a team!

Post by Ashers »

Is this your only team?

Would be worth joining The FISO League and you will get us helpful lot to help you.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

I'm in the FISO league and a couple of others with some FISO types involved but haven't been doing it for long and I still have a lot to learn. Some folks have already been very helpful. I initially joined Rich's "Biscuit Tin" and never looked at my official team at all.

I have now accidently decided to have a new official team.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Post the team link and we can give you feedback.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Is that just a copy and paste job?

http://www.xperteleven.com/players.aspx ... 47&Boost=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm thinking of keeping some of the older players, getting in some 17 year olds and selling sacking a lot of the others barring a couple just to try and stay competitive.. I also have far to many forwards. The accademy rating is half a star.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

The good news is that you could have chosen a worse team, the bad news is that you could have very easily got a better one.

Seriously though starting from scratch has some appeal. I would keep all your players 30 or over the 17/4 mid FK'er and maybe that 24/7 mid.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

I think it may be quite a challenge. :)

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I agree, but you know how to teambuild so you'll be fine. Seasons take much longer as there is only one league game per week though.

One tip when you're buying in the public league is to click on the person's name and you can then check out his history before you evaluate.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

One game a week is good for me. :)

Thanks for the tip about a players history, I would never have spotted that unless by accident.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

What would I do if I had this team:

How much econ do you have?

GoalKeepers

Neither are great and you could easily get a better keeper. I would keep Antunes Teotónio for now and sell the other while looking for a new keeper.

Defence

Keep Viggo Kask, Rogério Rui Costa and Graciano Filipe and look at getting in better players for the rest.

Mids

Keep Val Seabury, Sean Sandwith and Edurado Tadinho

Strikers

Use Timothy Hinton and Xavi Alonso and sell the rest for econ to improve the team.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Cheers for the input Ashers. :)

Sounds like you have studied my squad more then I have. :oops:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Spinynorman wrote:Cheers for the input Ashers. :)

Sounds like you have studied my squad more then I have. :oops:
How much do yuo have to spend?

This team has a chance next season if you focu on the strengths.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Spinynorman wrote:Is that just a copy and paste job?

http://www.xperteleven.com/players.aspx ... 47&Boost=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm thinking of keeping some of the older players, getting in some 17 year olds and selling sacking a lot of the others barring a couple just to try and stay competitive.. I also have far to many forwards. The accademy rating is half a star.
http://www.xperteleven.com/players.aspx ... ost=0&dh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This link should work, and the 17\4 midfielder looks OK.

Have you got much cash?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

blahblah wrote:
Have you got much cash?
3 million.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Only 3 games to go, so no point buying anyone, even if the window is open.

Train and play the 17\4, I wouldn't bother training the rest as they are pants - but you know they are pants? With the cash you have saved you can get in a load of cheap 16\3's and 17\4's in the close season, .....

I would play the oldies that you want to keep, in the hope that the midfielder doesn't announce his retirement.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

I'm currently training 6 to keep but I'm not sure I can afford to buy 12. :P

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I doubt that training the oldies will change much?

If you want to keep 6, you only need to find 10 :lol:

The squad has far too many old forwards as well, imho.

Maybe you should email them, to say that you didn;t know that you had applied for the Club? :idea:

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

blahblah wrote: Maybe you should email them, to say that you didn;t know that you had applied for the Club? :idea:
Good idea

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

WilBert wrote:
blahblah wrote: Maybe you should email them, to say that you didn;t know that you had applied for the Club? :idea:
Good idea
I was tempted but I'll give it a go, anyway my first press release has gone in now. :)

By the way I'm nearly at the bottom of the league and the dv is terrible. :roll:

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

Wow, this is bad. The 17/4 midfielder is the only player you should keep.

I would accept that there is no possible way you can build a team that can do anything. Nobody has any sale value at all. Your best bet is to sell/sack what you can, keeping everyone over 30 for average age reasons. Fill the rest of the squad with 17/3 (with an SQ) players. You will pick these up for under 100k. Ignore compatibility. Bring one in, sack someone, rinse and repeat for a few days.

Then you have two options. First, use this as a place to get experience and boost your rating before applying for a better job after completing a full season here... or if you really want to gut it out, you can play the bejesus out of your new 17/3s for a couple of seasons, selling anyone that gets a double jump in the CR. Eventually you can start to sell off that squad and replace them with 17/4s and build your actual team. Its going to be 6 seasons before you like your squad though.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

So no easy job then. :shock:

On the plus side I've learnt something new already. You can only transfer list 3 at a time. :mrgreen:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Spinynorman wrote:So no easy job then. :shock:

On the plus side I've learnt something new already. You can only transfer list 3 at a time. :mrgreen:
Think the email to them may be the best option.

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

Spinynorman wrote:So no easy job then. :shock:

Trust me, nobody is buying any of your mob.

All youre doing now is getting to the end of the season. Then you sack until your squad is too small to sack anymore. Buy 17/3s for under 100k. Then sack some more, keep doing this until you have one of the 30 year old strikers and all the other players over 30. You need to keep a couple of million for training though so be mindful. Pray your youth coach promotes someone worth selling and add that to the training budget. You need these kids in high form all season.

Next season the handful of older players play every game so you have some kind of average age, and the rest of the team is 17/3s being rotated. 3 subs at half time every game too. You can cram maximum DV into them all. Done properly you will get monster DVs at the end of your first season and you can begin the process of building some cash value to your squad for future rebuilding.

If youre happy to gut it out for a couple of years (and it will take that) it will be rewarding, but nobody would blame you for moving on after building up some loyalty rating. At least you will be leaving a squad with potential for someone else to pick up though.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

There are about 3 X11 seasons in a calnedar year, if that helps you to make your mind up about the email.

14 weeks for the League plus 2 for the Close season is 16 weeks a season......

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Tactics are now set for this teams first match. :)

It was quite strange looking at the previous tactics, I'm not saying that mine are better but the previous manager set up completely differently to how I would for similar games. It would also appear that I am in some sort of 442 league as that is what everyone seems to play all of the time. :?

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

In the lower divisions of the Xpert leagues, especially the 7th division, you may well only have a couple of active managers to play against, hence your opponents playing same tactics week in week out :D

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

So is the 7th division pretty low down then? :mrgreen:

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

Spinynorman wrote:So is the 7th division pretty low down then? :mrgreen:
:grin:

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Spinynorman wrote:So is the 7th division pretty low down then? :mrgreen:

I won with my new team in 7th div easy peasy, won every game 4/5 nil, up to 6th div now and struggling against teams of 30+ year olds.

Can see my team flip between the 2 for a while!

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Patrician wrote:
you may well only have a couple of active managers to play against, hence your opponents playing same tactics week in week out :D
Might explain why my "Hello" in scribble has been ignored.

So what's my excuse if I loose. :mrgreen:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Xpert Eleven”