To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Forscutt v Turrell

A Fantasy Football forum for news and views on Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman.
wabu
Treebeard
FS Record: Guardian Winner 2006

Forscutt v Turrell

Post by wabu »

Roy Turrell has made up the gap over £1.2million in the last week, mainly due to Luis Boa Morte. It looks to be a close finish but I wonder if Boa Morte limping off the field with a thigh injury against Sunderland will spell doom for Turrell, especially with Boa Morte now being a doubt for the last league game on Sunday.

Its not over yet but Turrell has it all to do.

Johnee
Kevin and Perry

Post by Johnee »

Yep, looks like Boa Morte cost Turrell. Great late run though to make up all that ground - Forscutt just about got rid of enough Chelsea players in the last week or two.

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

Barring a 7:6 win for Liverpool and a Carragher sending off, I just wanted to say congratulations to Andrew Forscutt. I think he has played the season extremely well, and as the 2006 league shows, his success was not a fluke. Perhaps we should speculate on his secrets of success, to inform our own bids for glory next year...

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

I think Forscutt played the game well, but so did Roy Turrell. Luck was the biggest factor in Forscutt winning. Turrell had injuries to Wayne Rooney, Gilberto and Boa Morte to cope with. Just a couple of goals and it would have gone the other way.

It was encouraging to see how much ground Turrell made at the end, proving to all of us that you should never give up hope. Mind you, if Forscutt hadn't have kept the faith with Lua Lua every week hoping he'd come back from injury then the gap would probably have been bigger. I think you have to agree Forscutt deserved to win despite his luck at times. He finished 3rd last year so has been consistent. Edwards hung on to his transfers for too long and couldn't bridge the gap.

They'd better watch out next year though, as they'll have me to worry about! :wink:

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

wabu wrote:
They'd better watch out next year though, as they'll have me to worry about! :wink:
And me 8-)

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

what was your team name Wabu?
I wonder which teams were from FISOers.I guess you all know my teams 8-)
I wouldn't mind to join a minileague for FISO next season 8-)

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

I'm not saying, I want to be the surprise package of next season! Watch out Forscutt, Turrell, Edwards, Brooks, Dipbad, Nitcoot, Sativa, Mongoose you guys are in for some fierce competition next season! :twisted:

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

wabu wrote:I'm not saying, I want to be the surprise package of next season! Watch out Forscutt, Turrell, Edwards, Brooks, Dipbad, Nitcoot, Sativa, Mongoose you guys are in for some fierce competition next season! :twisted:
Look forward to it :wink:

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

8-)

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

C.Sativa wrote:what was your team name Wabu?
you could have joined this year -we had 40 entries. looking forward to next season - and before that, to whatever competition the guardian comes up with for the world cup - will see details next week. hope it's as interactive as the chairman game.

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

quizking wrote:
you could have joined this year -we had 40 entries.
Won by Dan Brooks with Daddy Kewell (9th overall) this year. Congratulations.

2nd was Jocelyn Kynch, Deeble Two (23rd overall)

3rd at present is Stephan Collishaw, No Punctures Please (29th overall) but he could still be caught by Miguel Santos.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Doogal wrote:
quizking wrote:
you could have joined this year -we had 40 entries.
Won by Dan Brooks with Daddy Kewell (9th overall) this year. Congratulations.
8-) 8-)

mongoose
FISOhead

Post by mongoose »

wabu wrote:I'm not saying, I want to be the surprise package of next season! Watch out Forscutt, Turrell, Edwards, Brooks, Dipbad, Nitcoot, Sativa, Mongoose you guys are in for some fierce competition next season! :twisted:
Shirley last years winners - Gynchie and Doogal should be on that list? :D

And Wabu, I thought you were Daddy Kewell aka Dan Brooks?

Anyway, work permitting, I hope to have a good start from August if I can get access on Monday mornings.

Good luck for next season and the World Cup folks!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman (Game ceased)”