To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

They've forgotten to suspend the market!

A Fantasy Football forum for news and views on Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman.
wabu
Treebeard
FS Record: Guardian Winner 2006

They've forgotten to suspend the market!

Post by wabu »

They've forgotten to suspend the market!! I wonder what would happen if you bought a player after he'd scored, would you get the performance gain?

Very slack, you can't normally make transfers during a live game.

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

I agree that this is very bad form, and I hope that whoever is responsible puts in the extra hours to make sure that any surge in Jarosik or Birmingham defenders is properly dealt with.

What would happen if you tranferred in Jarosik? You may get the performance gain, but I personally wouldn't want the world to think of me as an unfair player.

Madchester
FISO Michael Knighton
FS Record: Impressive

Post by Madchester »

i'm in a work's league and i'm sure many of the others won't know about this so i could take advantage... however, i won't as it's not right.

Mr Green
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Green »

I'll hold my hands up to this one! Usually I check, double-check and triple-check that the market is set to close, but things have been so manic after coming back from holiday that I failed to do so.

However, you'll be pleased to know that I was also the mug that had to fix it all this morning!

Having said that, I'm slightly disappointed that absolutely no-one emailed Fantasy Chairman Support about this to minimise the damage earlier, even though the number of changes made after kick-off last night were in the hundreds.

I was somewhat lucky in that not that many Chairmen made changes after the kick-off which were directly concerned with the Birmingham v Bolton game.

Such changes were reversed before performance-based gains took effect this morning so rest assured that no-one benefited from bringing Jarosik in after he scored.

I'll deal with the other posts that concern me (both Fantasy Chairman and otherwise) in due course...but please be patient.

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

Thanks Mr Green... I guess the fact that it is the end of the month will have helped too (and the fact that we are all so fair-minded :wink:).

I am sure you are very busy, but I am curious what you think about our various suggestions for improving the game even further...

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

spjwsmc, does that stand for something?

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

No, I don't think so. It's a login name, which I knew I could remember. So, it would be nice to change it to something more interesting :)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

spjwsmc wrote:No, I don't think so. It's a login name, which I knew I could remember. So, it would be nice to change it to something more interesting :)
Remember :shock:

If you PM admin he can change your name for you to something less memorable

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

spjwsmc wrote:No, I don't think so. It's a login name, which I knew I could remember.
How the hell can you remember that? Have you been collecting the lids from Smarties tubes?

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

spjwsmc wrote:No, I don't think so. It's a login name, which I knew I could remember. So, it would be nice to change it to something more interesting :)
:)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman (Game ceased)”