To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

I had enough with this monday torture

A Fantasy Football forum for news and views on Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman.
C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

I had enough with this monday torture

Post by C.Sativa »

That's it I'm off,coming back afternoon,
I don't give a toss anymore if S.Gerard loses any points,
This monday mornings are real torture,it takes 5 min to transfer a player
and next year,no more multi entry(i have 13 teams for 2006 league)
What a shame for the game tou,i really enjoy Guardian Fantasy,
But I'm afraid I can't cope with this monday madness,
This could be my first and last season in Guardian(which was my best fav. FF)

wabu
Treebeard
FS Record: Guardian Winner 2006

Post by wabu »

Yeah I know what you mean! They really need to sort this out as it does spoil the game, I wanted to smash something up this morning I was so frustrated.

Having commision free on Monday just makes it worse as Monday is the most popular transfer day anyway.

I feel exhausted after taking an hour to make all my transfers. They should invest in a more powerful server or next year move the comission free day.

It just encourages people to give up or just not enter. I expect numbers will be down next year, 11,000 04/05 to 9000 05/06, maybe 8000 teams next year.
:cry: :cry:

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

I couldn't agree with you more!

gynchie
Wideboy

Post by gynchie »

I agree that this is the best FF game, although it is always going to be more high-maintenance than fixed-price games.

Commission-free Mondays need sorting (or scrapping). I would be sad if the game contracted rather than expanding because the dynamic price and interacting with a market are fun, and these only work well with enough players. I don't think that multiple teams cause a problem with, say, 8000 players with an average of 3 teams each.

I much prefer this game to the fixed-price, which is why my TFF team is peacefully undisturbed for months while my Fantasy Chairmen are stressed out and transfer-light.

Love that adrenalin!

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

always hoping that mr green gets to see these posts - yet again it was annoying this morning, but still my favourite game, despite missing out on prizes (yet again, 6th last month, dammit). i just wonder if my phoneline supported broadband i'd have got those transfers in quicker and that would have made the difference - a better working server would help. good luck everyone for the end of season rush; what chance of a fantasy manager world cup game, with mad transfer rushes EVERY SINGLE DAY? ok i'll calm down, but it would be fun, (so long as the server was up and running).....

steve

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

quizking wrote:always hoping that mr green gets to see these posts - yet again it was annoying this morning, but still my favourite game, despite missing out on prizes (yet again, 6th last month, dammit). i just wonder if my phoneline supported broadband i'd have got those transfers in quicker and that would have made the difference - a better working server would help. good luck everyone for the end of season rush; what chance of a fantasy manager world cup game, with mad transfer rushes EVERY SINGLE DAY? ok i'll calm down, but it would be fun, (so long as the server was up and running).....

steve
I was so annoyed this morning i'v e-mailed same message(above the post) to the guardian with the "helpppppp" subject.
I think we should all complaint to them,that might work,especially when multiple entries sends e-mail(i guess some people have more than 100 entries their voice are more important for guardian)

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

I have now calmed down (after nearly throwing the computer out the window this morning, swearing I will never play this again, and just plain swearing).

I agree that this is by far the best FF game I have played - long may it continue! And yes ... I think the monday transfer rush IS part of the fun. However, the technical problems must be sorted out.

Mr Green... what do you have to say about this?

ps: fantasy chairman world cup - interesting idea, but I was looking forward to a summer break, and to some purist (non-FF) football watching fun

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

spjwsmc wrote:

Mr Green... what do you have to say about this?
He's on holiday:

http://fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4892

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

Go back to the archives and see Mr Green's excuses there-after all it's exactly the same as last year.Why they won't process all the transfers once a day at a predetermined time is beyond me.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

its a great shame to read the ofl crowd cocking up their games and not listening to reason :cry: .

back in the days of matt they were the best run game around :D .

i'll possibly play if they have a world cup game but will do so with some trepidation if i do.

they used to run the most efficiently run and sensible games but it must have hurt losing a major fantasy game like the tele/times one.

the change inattitude is the real killer though.

lets hope they can return to their former glories in the world cup by getting a good sponsor and running the game well.

andy

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman (Game ceased)”