To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sol Campbell

A Fantasy Football forum for news and views on Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman.
andye
Grumpy Old Man

Sol Campbell

Post by andye »

I am toying with the idea of getting Campbell in - anyone reckon there will be much of a demand-based increase ? any feedback much appreciated cos i need to replace Gallas in the morning but want to avoid Carra , Hypia , Terry as the guys above me have these more obvious replacements , cheers

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

I'm toying too - difficult one. Toure is cheaper, though, and certain to play next week. Sol might start on the bench. I think Sol will rise in value, but difficult to predict which of the two will go up faster. Maybe worth watching the market for a bit to see how the cookie is crumbling. The other possibility is Rio I suppose. Or even Carvalho now Gallas is banned?
Other issue is Bolton defenders - I have Gardner and Ben Haim. They got a clean sheet, but with difficult games approaching and out of cup they may go down (?). Also not clear whether Gardner will be OK next week or not (taken off after bang on the head). I hate defender decisions - the hardest bit of this game. :cry:

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

I have already got Rio so that is a non-starter for me but recommend it as a choice cos of upcoming games . I only put Gallas in on friday after hearing Brown was out so one other option is Silvestre (listed as a centre-back but seems to be regular now at left back so potential assists)

Dan Kennett
Kevin and Perry

Post by Dan Kennett »

One thing to bear in mind is that it's the start of a new monthly comp tomorrow - always the period of heaviest transfer activity. Players involved in the Cup games will be heavily in demand but if you look at the teams involved, only Chelsea, Liverpool and Boro have "nice" league games coming up. If you want to be different then Riggott could be a possibility but I think Carragher will be in demand this week. The safest choice is probably a Man U player 'cos they've got Birmingham and West Ham at home in their next 2 games. The West Ham game is also on a Wednesday - always good for big demand rises because people sub players in for the extra game.

As for Bolton, Gardner is massively popular and when people start selling he will drop quickly. Bolton kept a CS on the weekend so shouldnt be too bad on Monday but their next 4 league games are Boro (A), United (H), Liverpool (A) and Chelsea (H). Get rid now!!!

squealy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 08/09 - 3692, FPL 07/08 - 667, FPL 06/07 - 5992, FPL 05/06 - 108

Post by squealy »

Dan Kennett wrote: Bolton kept a CS on the weekend so shouldnt be too bad on Monday but their next 4 league games are Boro (A), United (H), Liverpool (A) and Chelsea (H). Get rid now!!!
Aside from the fact that their postponed game away at Birmingham has been rescheduled for April 4th inbetween the Man U and Liverpool games.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

What about Huth for Gallas?
But the problem with Chelsea you have no clue what Morinho thinks.
Gallas and Terry was the only safe defenders.
My guess Louis Saha is gonna make good money on monday

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

And Ashley Cole(maybe next monday could be late?)

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

Also u have 2 think Monthly Competition(or 2006 league) managers can't effort expensive players a lot,their average team values are 100-120m I guess.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman (Game ceased)”