To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New Game

A Fantasy Football forum for news and views on Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman.
andye
Grumpy Old Man

New Game

Post by andye »

Guardian`s new game is (semi) live http://guardian.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

:lol: The only difference from OFL web page is the Guardian logo.
That's it,I'm glad I've spent my Guardian budget somewhere else.And I'm not sure how many managers Guardian would pick from this but it's time to delete Guardian FF short-cut from my desk top. 8-)
Very very disappointing.
I'm already thinking that I've made mistake to have 2 teams at OFL.I think it's too expensive for an ordinary FF game.I wouldn't mind to give those entry fees if it would be Guardian Chairman FF.
I think most of people playing FF for fun more than winning the price.And £10-15-20 is too much for those people. 8-)

wabu
Treebeard
FS Record: Guardian Winner 2006

Post by wabu »

what a load of poo. 25 transfers for the season, yeah that'll make it exciting, not. Just means its in the hands of the gods and not much skill involved, pointless. That is so boring compared to fantasy chairman.

I'm gonna have to play the Telegraph now (not much better, but the best of a bad bunch). Fantasy Chairman is already dearly missed. :cry:

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

Couldn't agree more...

gynchie
Wideboy

Post by gynchie »

... agree absolutely. What a disappointment. In search of that frisson from transfers, I've registered with the premier league game, which is free.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

oh dear - see the "death of a chairman" thread - spotted this might happen on july 25th when saw the "£75k of prizes" mentioned. wouldn't mind if that was just spread around guardian readers. trouble is, ofl franchises appear under all sorts of names, just google around; aol, arsenal fc, and liverpool fc all run fantasy league games, and the unsuspecting punter might not realise that they are up against all ofl players, not just those customers of their company/newspaper/football club. at least on the liverpool site they get an extra chance of a prize of tickets - can't see any mention of extra prizes for guardian readers only after a cursory look at the site, tho s'pose that might change. am curious as to the ad for the game that will appear in the paper - will it indicate that you'll be playing against thousands of other non-guardian reading footy fans?

although ofl run a good ship, and i'm hoping to do well in a couple of their other games (having had a bit of form with channel 4, and blue square in the past), am also not keen on paying £10 to win £5k, especially when the "£75k of prizes" is flagged up; seems slightly misleading to me. £10 to win £5000 isn't a great bet compared to most other games available, and for those that aren't really in it for the chance of a prize, £10 isn't a good price compared to other games, especially with two new free entrants to the newspaper fantasy game market this season.

of course if mr green were to come along and reassure us that there will be £75000 of prizes for guardian readers, £75000 for ofl players, same again for arsenal fans, etc etc that would be a different matter.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

quizking wrote: of course if mr green were to come along and reassure us that there will be £75000 of prizes for guardian readers, £75000 for ofl players, same again for arsenal fans, etc etc that would be a different matter.
I'd be very surprised if it the prizes mentioned weren't for that game only.

Mr Green
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Green »

Quizking - It is indeed fair to say that The Guardian are a Classic affiliate, and readers will be competing against all the other Classic teams in the competition for the one prize pool.

Obviously I can only repeat that the decision to pull the plug on Fantasy Chairman was very disappointing, especially to those who devoted so much time to it...

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

yes i know - still, bit of a shame, and will be curious to see if the paper makes this clear (no mention yet), thanks for coming on site as ever.

anyway, as a general point for the ofl game, i mentioned earlier that if you join via the liverpool site, there's an extra prize opportunity, maybe for arsenal as well (can't remember). same entry cost. will keep a look out in case any other affilliates come on board and offer extra prizes as well as the standard ofl ones.

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

gynchie wrote:... agree absolutely. What a disappointment. In search of that frisson from transfers, I've registered with the premier league game, which is free.
Yes, I'm playing the Premier League free game as well. I like the way the points update during a game, and how the captain scores double. Makes it very exciting, and plenty of scope for transfers. This is as close to fantasy chairman as you can get this year. Players values go up and down too, although not to the extent of Fantasy Chairman.

Still not a touch on the Chairman - any news on it coming back next year?

wabu
Treebeard

Post by wabu »

God I miss Fantasy Chairman. The January transfer window always causes pandemonium, I keep thinking about what I would have done and who would have been the high risers.

Tactical switches a plenty!

I really wish they bring it back, any other fantasy football just doesn't fill the void.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman (Game ceased)”