To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Any chance of a resurrection?

A Fantasy Football forum for news and views on Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman.
Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Any chance of a resurrection?

Post by Steph »

Mr Green wrote:
In Games Management terms, this was the most exciting, but also the most difficult game to manage due to the continuous nature of the game and the fact that every minute played and every trade counted for something.

Obviously, we (Fantasy League) now have the trading mechanism set up, so it is not out of the question that we will return to run such a game off our own back or with another client, to run alongside our more traditional games in future seasons....

Would people be interested in still paying, say, a fiver for the Fantasy Chairman format, but for a slightly smaller prize pool than The Guardian had to offer?

Just a reminder... and just to let you know that there are some real fans of this game who would be delighted by a return. :D

mongoose
FISOhead

Post by mongoose »

Yes please!

My favourite game due to the additional tactical trading element. Like the Premier League game, but on steroids.

There would be a couple of changes I'd like to see (bring in queued transfer orders to stop the monday madness, etc)

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Absolutely! Best game ever.

wabu
Treebeard
FS Record: Guardian Winner 2006

Post by wabu »

My friend emailed Mr Green recently and he said it was very unlikely Fantasy Chairman would return for the next season :cry:

I wish they'd bring it back for all us 'tinkermen', the longer it stays away, the more its fans will desert it!

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

ooh, got excited when i saw this thread, then read above post. still, keep the faith, loved this game.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Any chance of a resurrection?

Post by Dot »

[quote="spjwsmc"][quote="Mr Green"]

i had to read your Title thread several times.

Anyway blue pill in the post that will hopefully result in a 'SPJWSMC' for you.

Steph
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Steph »

wabu wrote:My friend emailed Mr Green recently and he said it was very unlikely Fantasy Chairman would return for the next season :cry:

I wish they'd bring it back for all us 'tinkermen', the longer it stays away, the more its fans will desert it!
thanks for the info wabu. Oh well - worth finding out just in case.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Yep, really liked this game. I have to say that it was a little too intense at times........

gynchie
Wideboy

Post by gynchie »

Er, bit late on this, because I don't log in to Fiso as much as I did when playing Fantasy Manager. I still miss it.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Guardian Fantasy Football Chairman (Game ceased)”