To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Planning calendar

A forum to discuss or share knowledge of spreadsheets.
Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Planning calendar

Post by Jester »

I am looking to create some kind of planning tool that will enable people to book time for, say, any of six different motor vehicles.

It would ideally be viewable by week, month and year, but I would want to view the next three/six months rather than the current year (ie. in June I would see June to August/November rather than Jan to Dec)

I was hoping to do this in Excel as that's what I know best, but I would consider any other suggestions!

I am thinking I can put in on a shared server so that anyone can 'book' time. It would be printed weekly and requests reviewed then approved or rejected.

With just one vehicle it would be straightforward, but with six all potentially being booked at the same time it gets more tricky for me to visualise how it would work.

I just wondered if anyone on here might already use something along these lines?

I found this online and I think it is the kind of thing that might work.
If it had the six vehicles down the left hand side, and the weeks of the year along the top - just can't see how to keep it up to date ie. always showing from the beginning of the current week to a date in say, three months time (might make it too small to see clearly - maybe it could be scrollable?)

Also, could people enter dates on one sheet with these appearing on the chart automatically?

Thanks for taking the time to read this - hope someone can suggest a good solution? :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Spreadsheets”