To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Help with my Dream Team spreadsheet

A forum to discuss or share knowledge of spreadsheets.
StarMan
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won FISO Mini league Sun Dream Team Euro 2004

Help with my Dream Team spreadsheet

Post by StarMan »

Just wondering if anyone can help

I run a Dream Team league at work and have been adding up the scores on a spreadsheet, I web query the player points from the Sun website, calculate the points for each team and then send them to a league table and it’s the league table that I need a bit of help on.

I found a way of making the table sort itself into descending order which I discovered on a website tutorial using the ranking and Vlookup functions but the downside is that if 2 or more players are level on points then a N/A error will be returned in the table, the video said there is a work around for this but doesn’t tell you how to do it or where to find info on making sure this doesn’t happen.

There is probably a very simple way to ensure that the error doesn’t happen but my knowledge is a bit limited and was wondering if anyone knows how to sort it out. It would be the finishing touch to my spreadsheet because I have gone from filling the scores in for 20 teams manually 8 years ago to now having a spreadsheet that does the scores, works the table out and rearranges it self simply by auto refresh.

Any help sorting this out would be appreciated.

barry
FISO Knight

Re: Help with my Dream Team spreadsheet

Post by barry »

you could maybe put an IF statement at the front of the formula, If the cell equals the one above then copy it, if not then run your formula.... too tired to work it out properly - sorry. if you post your formula I'll have a go tomorrow though

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

The Vlookup part of the formula may need a false statement at the end.
As Barry says you can post the formula here or send me the spreadsheet and I can take a look if you like
I did a similar thing with dixies FPL/TFF spreadsheet for this year and it seemed to work (if he used it that is!)

StarMan
Red & Blue Braces

Post by StarMan »

Thanks for your replies guys

I have PM'd my email address to you Surprised so I can send the spreadsheet and if you think it would be easier to look at the spreadsheet as well Barry just PM your email address and I will gladly send you a copy also.

If it was just the Vlookup formula you wanted it is this

=VLOOKUP($S1,$S$12:$U$20,3,FALSE)

This is the address of the tutorial video I mentioned in my original post

http://www.auditexcel.co.za/Automatic%2 ... oject.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

StarMan wrote:Thanks for your replies guys

I have PM'd my email address to you Surprised so I can send the spreadsheet and if you think it would be easier to look at the spreadsheet as well Barry just PM your email address and I will gladly send you a copy also.

If it was just the Vlookup formula you wanted it is this

=VLOOKUP($S1,$S$12:$U$20,3,FALSE)

This is the address of the tutorial video I mentioned in my original post

http://www.auditexcel.co.za/Automatic%2 ... oject.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's more likely to be the RANK function as it can display an error with tied scores if used in its basic form. A COUNTIF function added to RANK should solve it but I have sent you an email so you can reply to it with the spreadsheet.
The VLOOKUP above looks fine but needs to be seen in context

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2 Top 100 finishes in TFFO; £270 in CYKI since 2008

Post by DixieDean »

Surprised wrote:The Vlookup part of the formula may need a false statement at the end.
As Barry says you can post the formula here or send me the spreadsheet and I can take a look if you like
I did a similar thing with dixies FPL/TFF spreadsheet for this year and it seemed to work (if he used it that is!)
I certainly did... and many thanks for working it out for me mate. :D

StarMan
Red & Blue Braces

Post by StarMan »

Just to update what has happened thanks to Surprised the spreadsheet is working perfectly now, so I can look forward to an easy time doing the scores for next season.

Thanks also to you Barry for your offer of help.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Glad to be of help Starman

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Spreadsheets”