To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Bonus Points Moaning Thread 2012/13 !!!

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Bonus Points Moaning Thread 2012/13 !!!

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Had to be done!

From tonight;

Cahill (3)
Ivanovic (2)
Torres (1)

:lol:

pastybap
Wideboy

Re: Bonus Points Moaning Thread 2012/13 !!!

Post by pastybap »

Surely this has to be the worst allocation of bps in FPL EVER?!

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore

I can see loads of complain letters coming towards them.

Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: yes

Post by ... »

Will you people ever learn?

Useless debating who deserved what and whinging when it doesn't make sense. Deal with it. They are what they are. You cannot change their mind, even if you're right.

Suggestion to mods/admin: make one stickie for bonus, lock it and have just the staff post the boni scores every week.

organdonor47
Grumpy Old Man

Post by organdonor47 »

... wrote:Will you people ever learn?

Useless debating who deserved what and whinging when it doesn't make sense. Deal with it. They are what they are. You cannot change their mind, even if you're right.

Suggestion to mods/admin: make one stickie for bonus, lock it and have just the staff post the boni scores every week.
:)

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore

pastybap
Wideboy

Post by pastybap »

PMT?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

You're such a drag...booooring :roll:

organdonor47
Grumpy Old Man

Post by organdonor47 »

pastybap wrote:

PMT?
it was a copy paste from another thread. one of those rare occasions when something can be funnier second time around

megamince
FISOhead

Post by megamince »

Bonus points go to goalscorers in the winning team. Cahill, ivanovic and torres all scored, so what are we moaning about?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

That goals scored are too strongly weighed in this PPI thing. I mean, you already receive points for scoring goals, why extra?

mitul_10
Treebeard

Post by mitul_10 »

biggest crap ever hazard tears too games apart easily best player and doesnt get at least 2 bps for 2 games whatever fpl

Joe Kerr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Joe Kerr »

From4corners wrote:That goals scored are too strongly weighed in this PPI thing. I mean, you already receive points for scoring goals, why extra?
Missed shots are too heavily weighted as negatives.

They should really just get rid of negative modifiers for everything apart from genuinely negative actions like cards, and instead promote positive actions like a shot (or quantity of shots) on target.

It's terrible that someone could score two goals and still end on 0 PPI because they missed a barrel load of shots after that.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

The Real Slim Shady wrote:Had to be done!

From tonight;

Cahill (3)
Ivanovic (2)
Torres (1)

:lol:
That is absolutely horrendous :roll:

This will take some beating!!

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

No bonus for hazard is just unbelievable. In a Chelsea game towards the end of last season Mata got 4 assists and only 1 bonus pt. Again on that occasion even though they didn't get a clean sheet terry got 2 because he scored. Under this system a player could run the length of the pitch dribbling past everyone and then smack a shot against the post but receive negative ESP because the actual shot wasn't on target. But a player would receive points for receiving a pass and scuffing a tame shot right at the keeper from 6 yards out because the shot was on target. This is why the system is flawed.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

I'm loving the fact Hazard got 0 BPs, it means I stay on 21 in my first ever hand at FPL Pontoon 8-)

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

It's a 'Bonus Points Moaning Thread'. That's the whole point. We all like a moan and this is what this thread is for. If you don't like it just move your mouse past the link and move on to the next one.

Bert.
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bert. »

Calvin1979 wrote:Hazard got 0 BPs
F***ing ridiculous :evil:

theplayer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 3rd overall FPL 2010/11

Post by theplayer »

gooberman wrote:No bonus for hazard is just unbelievable. In a Chelsea game towards the end of last season Mata got 4 assists and only 1 bonus pt. Again on that occasion even though they didn't get a clean sheet terry got 2 because he scored. Under this system a player could run the length of the pitch dribbling past everyone and then smack a shot against the post but receive negative ESP because the actual shot wasn't on target. But a player would receive points for receiving a pass and scuffing a tame shot right at the keeper from 6 yards out because the shot was on target. This is why the system is flawed.
Yeh that's why this system is all wrong. You can't judge a player's performance on shots on/off target.

At the same time though, i'm amazed Torres got a bonus point as he had a few off target too.

Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: yes

Post by ... »

jpool81 wrote:

It's a 'Bonus Points Moaning Thread'. That's the whole point. We all like a moan and this is what this thread is for. If you don't like it just move your mouse past the link and move on to the next one.
Was a joke making fun of what somebody said in the other Bonus points thread.

mrjohn123
Treebeard

Post by mrjohn123 »

Surely a defender job is to defend? Fine they both scored but their actual Job was to shut the opposition out and thy failed to do that - it a joke of a system it was hardly like ivanovic had to do much to score his, my nan would have scored that and she's been dead for 5 years, the only reson he was on the end of it wa because he was too far forward, at that time they had a 1 goal lead, what if there had been a counter attack, his possitional play (Coles too) is shocking! Great FPL pick though :roll:

Hazard 3 assists, clearly counts for nothing in this game

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore

I thought Hazard was better than Torres today (I haven't got him btw)

VeryBigEd
Kevin and Perry

Post by VeryBigEd »

Joe Kerr wrote:
From4corners wrote:That goals scored are too strongly weighed in this PPI thing. I mean, you already receive points for scoring goals, why extra?
Missed shots are too heavily weighted as negatives.

They should really just get rid of negative modifiers for everything apart from genuinely negative actions like cards, and instead promote positive actions like a shot (or quantity of shots) on target.

It's terrible that someone could score two goals and still end on 0 PPI because they missed a barrel load of shots after that.
Agree with your first point but disagree with your second, quantity of shots should have no impact either, otherwise a player could have multiple shots from long-range that go nowhere near the goal and still get bonus points.

Or they could get rid of stats completely and use their eyes to judge? I think that option would be much better.

People are always going to have conflicting opinions when it comes to these things, but I think in many instances the players that have actually had the biggest influence on the game through their work-rate, tackling and simple passing come unstuck.

Joe Kerr
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Joe Kerr »

VeryBigEd wrote:Agree with your first point but disagree with your second, quantity of shots should have no impact either, otherwise a player could have multiple shots from long-range that go nowhere near the goal and still get bonus points.
I did specify shots on target.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore

Tevez 3
Toure 2

Happy with that ;)

Super Hans
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Super Hans »

Glad they have gone back to awarding them on the day.

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

The Real Slim Shady wrote:Tevez 3
Toure 2

Happy with that ;)
skittles also got 2 bonus

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

also
Bonus
Wilkinson (3)
Kightly (2)

Bonus
Vermaelen (2)
Jenkinson (2)

not sure they are correct

mrjohn123
Treebeard

Post by mrjohn123 »

The bones points system is a joke this year, all it does is reward goals, that are already rewarded with points, dont get me worng I've done well out of it this week, Tevez, Michu, Hazard, RVP and others but seriously it's spoiling the game.

Joe Allen was MOM today and all his completed passes and work for the team counted for nothing but yet backpass Skirtel rocked in with 2, and Tevez who didnt have his best game got 3!! RVP wasnt the best player on the pitch yesterday, not by a stretch!!

May as well just change the points scored for goals and increase that by 2 and scrap bonus points all together, if its not going to be a fair reflection of who actually ran the game.. I've not checked yet but I assume Dembele got nothing although match of the day showed him looking awesome, it makes me very sad, the 5 point bonus the Sun do at least seems to be fair, granted if a player scores a brace or hatrick then of course they were the outstanding player, or at least in contention.

So its just about goal scorers now, makes the game easy and predictable and makes me sad :(

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

Super Hans wrote:Glad they have gone back to awarding them on the day.
+1 million

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”