To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Quick Quiz

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
sean
Treebeard

Post by sean »

Cooper and Mceverly have gone up because they were both 3.3 and anyone sacrificing a nothing defender would have got them in

MrSmedley
FISOhead

Post by MrSmedley »

UmExcuseMe wrote:
Wyld wrote: Some other oddities:

- Drogba is being heavily transferred in (expect at least a 0.2 rise this week), even though he will not play in the next match.
That's because they haven't coloured that little 'i' next to his name red yet. Once they do, listen out for the collective forehead slapping and "doh!" exclamations. :D
I imagine there will be lots more forehead slapping when people who have transferred in Chimbonda look at his fixture list :lol:
I was pretty annoyed at the weekend when people who transferred in Chimbonda last week gained 15 points from the Portsmouth match, when those who actually checked the fixtures and did the sensible thing of leaving him out have all suffered :(

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

But, as I have said a few times, in this version of the game defenders are not punished anywhere near as much for letting in goals as they can gain from clean sheets or scoring so the risk is nowhere near as high as it is for TFF for example.

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

MrSmedley wrote:I was pretty annoyed at the weekend when people who transferred in Chimbonda last week gained 15 points from the Portsmouth match, when those who actually checked the fixtures and did the sensible thing of leaving him out have all suffered :(
pull up a pew smed.
my thoughts exactly. although we will really know the full impact of this after their next 5-6 games.
it is even more excrutiating for me as i ummed and ahhed about him before their fulham game and he's got 15 two weeks in a row now.
wasn't some poster called norma snockers having a pop at him on the old forum? bet he's feeling silly now!

UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Post by UmExcuseMe »

I think I can allow myself a little gloat. :twisted: If anybody remembers the old forum, I've been talking about Chimbonda since around gameweek 4. With his help, I've been able to overcome the stupidity of not making Lampard captain for quite a few weeks and crept my way to 3rd in The Elite (and 123rd overall). :D:D:D

squealy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 08/09 - 3692, FPL 07/08 - 667, FPL 06/07 - 5992, FPL 05/06 - 108

Post by squealy »

But you'll be selling him on now right UEM? What with his tough run of fixtures and stuff.

I see Drogba now has the demon red mark next to him on the PremLeague site. Where did he pick up that mystery fifth booking? Charity Shield? Surely cards picked up in European fixtures don't count.

UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Post by UmExcuseMe »

squealy wrote:But you'll be selling him on now right UEM? What with his tough run of fixtures and stuff.
Nah. I may actually play him against Spurs and Liverpool. :D

paul_c
Wideboy

Post by paul_c »

Maybe you should reward him with the captaincy for the next few weeks :D

On the defenders, don't think that they should be punished any more for conceding goals because they have less potential to make big positive scores than strikers and midfielders as it is, especially with the bonus points

padrock
Red & Blue Braces

Post by padrock »

Very strange this Drogba ban. I can't find the 5th booking either. He didn't get booked in the Community Shield. I can only count 4.

MrSmedley
FISOhead

Post by MrSmedley »

padrock wrote:Very strange this Drogba ban. I can't find the 5th booking either. He didn't get booked in the Community Shield. I can only count 4.
Versus Spurs, but not really reported. I saw a topic about it somewhere on the forum.

padrock
Red & Blue Braces

Post by padrock »

MrSmedley wrote:
padrock wrote:Very strange this Drogba ban. I can't find the 5th booking either. He didn't get booked in the Community Shield. I can only count 4.
Versus Spurs, but not really reported. I saw a topic about it somewhere on the forum.
Good man Smed.

Tiburon
Treebeard

Post by Tiburon »

Wyld wrote:By the way, here is who's hot today in the transfer market today:

WARM
Carragher LI
Henchoz WI
Ramage NU
De Zeeuw WI
Gamst Pedersen BW
Gerrard LI
Alonso LI
Drogba CH
Vassell MC
Hmm, lots of Liverpool activity there...could there be a double game week coming up :wink:

redrum
Grumpy Old Man
Location: for 24 years I've been living next door to Alice ...
FS Record: stuck

Post by redrum »

two stupid questions:

1. where on the FF site can you check who is hot on the transfer market - in fact, where do you see the weekly transfers for a player?

2. on FISO, how do you quote someone elses post so that the quote includes the name of the person you are quoting !?

sorry .....

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart
FS Record: Variable

Post by thelip »

redrum wrote:two stupid questions:

1. where on the FF site can you check who is hot on the transfer market - in fact, where do you see the weekly transfers for a player?

2. on FISO, how do you quote someone elses post so that the quote includes the name of the person you are quoting !?

sorry .....
click the button to the top right with "quote" written on it :wink:

Wyld
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 25th in the old BBC comp, perpetual mini-league champion...er, that is it

Post by Wyld »

redrum wrote:Where on the FF site can you check who is hot on the transfer market - in fact, where do you see the weekly transfers for a player?
1) Open Excel.
2) Copy player Transfers In/Out/etc from site.
3) Paste them in as Paste Special->Text
4) Repeat after one hour/day/week/etc
5) Write some simple functions to detect price changes.
:)

redrum
Grumpy Old Man
Location: for 24 years I've been living next door to Alice ...
FS Record: stuck

Post by redrum »

thelip wrote:
redrum wrote:two stupid questions:

sorry .....
click the button to the top right with "quote" written on it :wink:

thank you kindly

as for the transfers ... seems like far less effort to hang around and see what gets posted on FISO :wink:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

I see big Sam didn't grant your wish last night Wyld... never mind eh? :roll:

Wyld
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 25th in the old BBC comp, perpetual mini-league champion...er, that is it

Post by Wyld »

Jonathan wrote:I see big Sam didn't grant your wish last night Wyld... never mind eh? :roll:
Chimbonda 17 points, Stelios 1. Big Sam did that just to spite me.

UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Post by UmExcuseMe »

Sorry, but I had little chuckle when I saw Stelios getting subbed on the 59th minute. :lol:

Wyld
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Wyld »

UmExcuseMe wrote:Sorry, but I had little chuckle when I saw Stelios getting subbed on the 59th minute. :lol:
59 minutes, 15 seconds to be precise.

wylesy
FISOhead

Post by wylesy »

Just got back from my trip to find that i have dropped 7 places and had a bad gameweek again! No henry didnt help! Thinking about it, my score isnt too bad considering!
Sorry, but I had little chuckle when I saw Stelios getting subbed on the 59th minute
Im pissed off about Hislop getting taken off in the 59th minute and thus stripping me of five more points. I could have been given a break considering i had no henry(nevermind as captain) and everyone else pratically did!!!

P.S. Chimbonda is one of those players who is really frustrating me at the mo...no matter how much he scores im not going to bring him in!

PPS. Right now ive calmed down....happy to be back!! :D :D

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Don't worry wyld... you can sit back and admire all the points everyone will lose when Wigan start their "Group of Death" run. :? That is assuming you leave him on the bench... will you?

Personally I feel that that is it for Wigan... they have had their fun...

Wyld
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Wyld »

Jonathan wrote:Don't worry wyld... you can sit back and admire all the points everyone will lose when Wigan start their "Group of Death" run. :? That is assuming you leave him on the bench... will you?

Personally I feel that that is it for Wigan... they have had their fun...
Well, maybe. I've just had a read through all the game reports for Wigan this season. It seems that they have held their own or played better than the opposition in all but two of their matches. It is true that they now face the group of death, but when they come out of it we may all perhaps be wondering just whose death we were talking about. It will be interesting to see how Chimbonda goes against Henry, particularly as Chimbonda has a tendency to disappear from his normal position and pop up in the opposition penalty area, centre circle, left touchline, etc. Either Henry will make mincemeat of him or we may have a new FF god to worship. He will, however, be sitting out this game on my bench.

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

Wyld wrote:
redrum wrote:Where on the FF site can you check who is hot on the transfer market - in fact, where do you see the weekly transfers for a player?
1) Open Excel.
2) Copy player Transfers In/Out/etc from site.
3) Paste them in as Paste Special->Text
4) Repeat after one hour/day/week/etc
5) Write some simple functions to detect price changes.
:)
actually, improved on-site transfer tracking would be a welcome addition to the game. we've been dancing around several proposals regarding points changes but the actual available data, whilst already excellent, could be even better with T ins/outs by the day information. otherwise, these steps, as sgt. wilson said, are an awful fag!

Tiburon
Treebeard

Post by Tiburon »

How good is Chimbonda really?

Lets find out in January.......

"Wigan are set to offer defender Pascal Chimbonda a new contract in an attempt to close a loophole in his current agreement which would allow him to leave in January.

The Guadeloupe-born right-back signed a three-year deal in the summer after arriving from Bastia for £500,000 but written into that was a buy-out clause.
"

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”