To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Henry issue rolls on!

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

great minds...
:)
he'll be my cappo too!
time lamps' run cooled off a bit.
i believe you'll find saf's men with a great deal more spunk than some give them credit for right now. just look at their talent. they ain't beat just yet. and robben's had a barney with jomo. that might mean nowt to their performance however.
0-0 draw at ot for my money.
and at highbury, 3 or 4 to the master.

sean
Treebeard

Post by sean »

Its got to be Henry as captain. I predict 2 points for Fat Frank on Sunday. Henry will bag a brace, mark my words 8)

UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Post by UmExcuseMe »

Let me put the Lamps/Henry captain question this way. Pick the best possible team for Henry to play against. Pick the worst possible team for Lampard to play against. Did you come up with Sunderland at home and Man Utd away? :wink:

sayangmouse
Cheetah

Post by sayangmouse »

Aghh, decision time.

I've picked Henry. I am still worried he won't play the whole match, but then again, Wenger will only take him off if Arsenal are coasting (I'm guessing), and that means 3-0 up or something like that. And if Arsenal are 3-0 up, H will be part of most of those.

My feel about the MU game is goals at each end, with Chelsea getting more. I can see Lamps getting at least an assist in the game, if not a set piece (ie same old same old). United are way out of balance and that can't be fixed quickly. MU should raise their game, but Chelsea will too after their own defeat. Anyway, Man U 1-2 Chelsea is the way I see it, point being that I feel Lampard may be good for another 7-10 points.

Henry needs to score two.....aghh, changing my mind again......

reg
FISOhead
FS Record: 7332 overall in FPL 2005/06

Post by reg »

It is a tricky one this, stick with Lamps and your following the crowd, go with Henry and you are risking losing more ground (in my case anyway) as he may not play, may be a sub or subbed early in the game.

What about Owen as an alternative? Newcastles form is improvng, Owen clearly hasnt lost any of his killer instinct and NUFC are playing Birmingham at home.

Owen for Captain :?:

Innovation10
Kevin and Perry

Post by Innovation10 »

Owen for Captain
Also considered Owen. Picked him twice for captain this year and got 0 and 2. Still not forgiven him! Therefore, I'm going Owen out Henry in, Henry captain.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Too late for the game now but Owen shouldn't be discounted now he has Solano putting the ball where he wants it... mark my words an Owen Solano combo is a biggie!

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

I've gone for Henry as captain. This is largely because I took a 4-point hit to bring him in this morning and if he doesn't play (or plays but doesn't score) I'll be p* off anyway. After reading this however....
sayangmouse wrote: Henry needs to score two.....aghh, changing my mind again......
...I almost changed my mind again. Lampard has been my captain every week and I suspect he'll probably be captain almost every week for the rest of the season. But come on, Sunderland at home?!? You don't get that sort of gift every week. And it's not as if you lose anything other than points, it's not like I'm transferring Lamps out. Also, I've transferred Del Horno out, so I really hope Man Utd put a few goals past Cech. Not that that's going to happen.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

This all illustrates the point of my posting about Lamps making it all a little stale - as soon as we get a choice between Lamps and someone else who could really bag some points (Henry) it livens it all up and gives us some thinking to do. I went for Henry!

But I personally think that Owen may push them for big points this week with Solano getting a shed load too... Solano will come in for me next week.

Wizander
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Wizander »

I'd have to agree. Owen is on form. Ask Mark Lawrenson. :roll:

reg
FISOhead
FS Record: 7332 overall in FPL 2005/06

Post by reg »

8 out of the top 10 in the FISO league have Henry as captain, 1 has Owen and 1 has Lampard. This is a remarkable statistic.

IN all my other leagues virtually no-one has gone for Henry at all never mind as captain.

If Henry scores a shed load this weekend then the FISO league will extend its lead at the top of the 'leagues' table.

However most of us within the FISO league wont make any progress against our peers as weve all gone for the same, again!!

Those who have stuck with Lamps will be a happy bunch should Henry not perform. I can just see their faces now. I know i would find it hilarious.

padrock
Red & Blue Braces

Post by padrock »

Well 2 goals & a likely 3 bonus points for Henry makes 26 points. Surely Lampard won't score more than 13 points, will he?!

MrSmedley
FISOhead

Post by MrSmedley »

padrock wrote:Well 2 goals & a likely 3 bonus points for Henry makes 26 points. Surely Lampard won't score more than 13 points, will he?!
He almost definitely won't, but there's always doubt. I went for Henry this week. Seems to be more proof of how good it is to change your captain around.

sayangmouse
Cheetah

Post by sayangmouse »

Stayed with Henry. Rock on FISO league (not that I'm a top performer, but the FISO league is tough!! I'm top 20k or so in the total (or maybe thats just this month, I'm losing my bearings) , but don't even front page the FISO league!)

But if Lamps scores a bagfull..oops. Lets hope (FISO teamwise) he doesn't.

sean
Treebeard

Post by sean »

Its got to be Henry as captain. I predict 2 points for Fat Frank on Sunday. Henry will bag a brace, mark my words

First part of my prediction right. :lol:

Nozzer
Kevin and Perry

Post by Nozzer »

sean wrote:
Its got to be Henry as captain. I predict 2 points for Fat Frank on Sunday. Henry will bag a brace, mark my words

First part of my prediction right. :lol:

If you get the second part right aswell that would be just fine with me.

I'm currently second in my work league and the leader has lamps as captain, so I could do without him getting a hattrick!

ps. nice to see they gave the assist to Bent after all - and they gave a second assist to perdersen too

paul_c
Wideboy

Post by paul_c »

Was gonna put Henry as captain on saturday morning but couldn't cos my internet connection was down :evil:

Quite happy with Lampard not getting me any extra points though! :D

FCBruno
FISOhead

It's got to be Henry for captain

Post by FCBruno »

Think it's Henry for me as captain this weekend. Got to take a risk to get a glut of points. Lampard's too safe a bet...and then again, with Chelsea being a little wobbly of late...perhaps Newcastle ("Owwweeeeeen!") might cause an upset at Stamford Bridge? Wigan due a hammering I feel.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

You heard it here first but mark my words: Newcastle are gonna start flying soon with Owen, Emre and Nobby doing the biz.

I am with you on the captaincy front FCBruno. I can see the Wigan bandwagon coming to a grinding halt this weekend. They have done VERY well but most teams that come up get a thumping at some stage or other.

I am not going to spend any points on transfers because Newcastle are away to Chelsea but if they were playing anyone else I would be dumping Bent for Owen and Murphy for Nobby (or Nolan - not made my mind up yet).

However, trying not to spend transfer points at the moment.

shawpower
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shawpower »

Ah but Jonathan don't forget that Bent is up against ManU so maybe you could be right to flog him? Also guys, I am not sure whether Newc will challenge Chelsea. I think this for a number of reasons.

1. The boys in blue will really be out to bounce back in a serious way after all the paper talk of crisis etc.

2. Newcastle are still very wobbly at the back and will be seriously hampered by Taylor injury. He is one hard tackling dude and could have kept Drogba quiet.

3. Drogba has been on a scoring streak at SB. (It's his away form that's dodgy!)

That said I agree with your prediction Jonathan about Newc starting to fire soon. Emre/Parker/Nobby/Owen. That is some gooood players there.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

shawpower wrote: 2. Newcastle are still very wobbly at the back and will be seriously hampered by Taylor injury. He is one hard tackling dude and could have kept Drogba quiet.

3. Drogba has been on a scoring streak at SB. (It's his away form that's dodgy!)
Worth bearing in mind Drogba is suspended this w/e.

supertalpu
Treebeard

Post by supertalpu »

shawpower wrote:.

2. Newcastle are still very wobbly at the back and will be seriously hampered by Taylor injury. He is one hard tackling dude and could have kept Drogba quiet.

Drogba's out 4 this match ( 5 yellows)

paul_c
Wideboy

Post by paul_c »

The Newcastle players are very good shouts, it's a shame Nobby and Emre share the set pieces though. Swapping your Charlton players for Newcastle could pay off looking at recent performances, especially attacking

Dunno who I'm go for as captain this week, keep swinging between the two. Probably leaning towards Henry but then Lampards home form has been so good :?

Reckon Arsenal will get a couple of goals at Wigan, but Chelsea could go either way, its a tough call

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Ah but Jonathan don't forget that Bent is up against ManU so maybe you could be right to flog him?
I need to do a little jiggery pokery to get in the players I want so will do it across a couple of GWs. I am confident Arsenal will beat Wigan; I still think Newcastle will push Chelsea even though their defence surely is dodgier without Taylor and I reckon Bent will score against Utd :shock:

wylesy
FISOhead

Post by wylesy »

So what playes are you looking at transferring in/out Jon? I think ive made the decision to do some transfering around the double gmwks of Liver/Man U.

padrock
Red & Blue Braces

Post by padrock »

I'm gonna plump for Lampard as my captain. In selecting my team, I work out some probabilities & come up with a total value. I look at the clean sheet odds (using Fink Tank), the odds of the team scoring (Fink Tank) and the odds of the player scoring (Paddy Power).

So then I multiply the clean sheet odds by the points that player would earn for a clean sheet (n/a for a striker). I add this to the odds of the team scoring multiplied by the odds of the player scoring multiplied by the points that the player would earn for scoring a goal.

So I use this method to decide who should be captain and also who to include in the starting 11. Its been fairly successful apart from the blip a few weeks back when I left out Pedersen when Blackburn were playing Man Utd. So, Lamps came out tops closely followed by Henry and then Van Nistelrooy.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

So what playes are you looking at transferring in/out Jon? I think ive made the decision to do some transfering around the double gmwks of Liver/Man U.
Blimey! Never been asked that before and not sure if I dare tell... the double gameweeks are unlikely to influence me to be honest, though, unless I can use freebies only.

However, here goes....I have, just a few minutes ago, kicked out Murphy and jumped on the Nolan bandwagon. At a full 2m more for Murphy than Nolan I don't see it is a risk or a tinker and frees up the money which will allow me to.... wait for it.... ditch Bent next GW and bring in Owen who I am convinced is going to start bagging a load with Nobby, Emre and Zog swinging them in. Whilst Bent will continue scoring, I rate an inform Owen higher in FF terms.

Unless Murph gets a few points this weekend his price I feel will start to drop the odd .1m and Nolan is still riding the crest of his wave. Murphy looks fed up lately to be honest. Maybe now the fact that a chance of an impending England call-up has passed (for now) he will relax a little.

Happy to stagger that over a couple of GWs and the likelihood is that Nzogbia will get the chop for Emre or Nobby soon after.

Sorry went on a bit and off topic but you did ask!

Jonathan

wylesy
FISOhead

Post by wylesy »

wow so you really are serious about the whole newcastle doing well thing. Have to admit im not convinced but i guess you could reap the rewards big time if they start to turn it on!

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Well.... I have lost the lead in my league (I was once 54pts in front) and fallen to the foot of the first page in the Fiso league, having once been 5th, so I think it is time to try something. Owen is going to be on fire I think but he tends to be prone to injuries - fingers crossed I can steal the lead a little but Newcastle's midfield is full of quality passers.

Back to the point though - Henry will be my captain as things currently stand.
In selecting my team, I work out some probabilities & come up with a total value.
Padrock.. is that really how you base your choices? Very interesting if it is.

redrum
Grumpy Old Man
Location: for 24 years I've been living next door to Alice ...
FS Record: stuck

Post by redrum »

on the subject of newcastle, it seems the hamstring problems are starting to clear up (since they moved training grounds ..... :shock: ) and they are now moving into a "sports hernia" problem with Shearer/o'brien/carr all afflicted. bizarre ....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”