To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Crouch worth a punt?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Crouch worth a punt?

Post by Tacalabala »

Seems to me that Crouch is a much better bet than Chamakh in terms of strikers who are 'replacing' their clubs' top frontman (Defoe and Van Persie).

Crouch is 7.0 and has established pedigree in the Prem, if inconsistent, while Chammy is 8.2 and unproven in England. Both have definite profit potential, but Crouch tips it for me. Thoughts?

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Re: Crouch worth a punt?

Post by Robin Write »

Yeah good point. How long is Defoe away though? Is Crouch worth it short or long term?

froog
FISOhead

Post by froog »

had him since last week when defoe was supposed to get an operation. glad i kept him now. sweet fixtures.

Araby
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Araby »

Possibly.... I was considering dropping Berbs as I don't see much points potential in an away trip to Everton. Though they are conceding, it is only by the one goal usually (I believe, haven't checked). Crouch against West Brom, even if it is away, seems much more appealing. However, their fixtures throw up a lot of London derbies after the West Brom match . As well as Arsenal and Man Utd. And you need to factor in the Champs League demands... Only if you are a little strapped for cash for me. Which I'm not. 8-)
Cue hat trick for the dancing stick man.

Araby
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Araby »

Wolves at home :)
Arsenal at home :?
West Ham away :)
Aston Villa home :?
Fulham away :?
Everton home :)
Man Utd away. :(

Now I've typed them it doesn't seem too bad. I am wary when the derbies are around though...

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Araby wrote:Wolves at home :)
Arsenal at home :?
West Ham away :)
Aston Villa home :?
Fulham away :?
Everton home :)
Man Utd away. :(

Now I've typed them it doesn't seem too bad. I am wary when the derbies are around though...
I'd put Villa at WHL as a win and Fulham away as a possible score draw, same could even be said for Arsenal away. So it's not by any stretch a bad schedule. Still, that fatigue factor on the back of UCL is a ? on Spurs players, I'll concede that.

The Wigan result was a blip, and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me with Wigan if they go on a run, I mean you have to remember that they've had to chop n change alot so maybe they are only now gelling.

Araby
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Araby »

I think you're possibly right on your view of the fixtures. My concern is the lack of experience the Spurs team and manager has with regards to coping with Champs League and League; as you've said. Could Keane be a possible starter in some games behind a midfield five involvling Van der Vaart? I do think Crouch is a good shout to be fair, though there are probably safer picks if you have a bit more cash...

Araby
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Araby »

And it doesn't help when you class a carling cup game as a prem match... :oops:

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

Araby wrote:Could Keane be a possible starter in some games behind a midfield five involvling Van der Vaart? I do think Crouch is a good shout to be fair, though there are probably safer picks if you have a bit more cash...
I agree that this could happen. Van der Vaart is pretty sure to start, and in my opinion, be a good points scorer for both Spurs and those that dare here on FPL. The issue with who will play between Keane and / or Crouch is not as easy to decipher as people may think. I opt for one striker, and probably Crouch, but bare in mind that if this is the case then it is more likely goals will come from a heavy midfield...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”