To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Advice for midfield!?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
FantasyTeam101
Treebeard

Advice for midfield!?

Post by FantasyTeam101 »

Which is the better midfield option?

Arshavin+Nani?

or

Fabregas+Larsson? (any other better options at 5.8m or less)

With walcott out I want an arsenal replacement and also need to downgrade milner to do this.

I will wait until after tommorow's matches to make any changes for an 8 point hit (as i need to get rid of EVANS aswell most likely!)

Thoughts?

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Re: Advice for midfield!?

Post by Robin Write »

I have some thoughts...

You know you have to make your transfers for GW4 before 11:30 tomorrow?
Why are you selling Milner now? City have some nice fixtures.

FantasyTeam101
Treebeard

Post by FantasyTeam101 »

I wont be selling Milner just yet if i do it will during this saturday or sunday so I get a free transfer. If he does really well and looks like hell keep it up I may have to keep him. But considering arsenals extremely nice fixtures apart from chelsea or man city I want an arsenal player (previously had walcott) and I think that arsahvin or fabregas will do at least as well as milner and obviously any player would be better than the injured Walcott.

(Btw i will already have to take at least a 4 point hit to get rid of evans and walcott so might as well just take an extra 4 point hit?)

Maxisms
Treebeard

Post by Maxisms »

Agreed. No need to get rid of Milner. Especially if it'll cost you 4 points to do so. It's needless and reckless.

IF you haven't been talked out of it, Fabregas and Etherington would be my choice.

FantasyTeam101
Treebeard

Post by FantasyTeam101 »

Alright if I was to NOT get rid of milner would Nani+downgrade to 5m defender (or a budget sigining to improve defence) be a suitable replacement for Walcott?

Maxisms
Treebeard

Post by Maxisms »

Meh. At some point in this season Nani will be hot. Is that time now with two harder fixtures coming up? Not sure it is. At some point Valencia will be hot, that could be soon and Nani might give you nothing for quite a while. Tough to tell.

I would go down moneywise on Walcott, and up on the defender replacing Evans. Like Kolo Toure perhaps, Alex if you don't have him. Then in midfield go for Ethrington, Larsson, Simon Davies and save the money for either Fabregas or some emerging talent (Van Der Vaart or an in form Nani or a rejuvinated David Dunn) that might appear in the coming weeks.

Nightstar
Kevin and Perry

Post by Nightstar »

I am struggling with my midfield options also....

I need to drop one of the following to bring Crouch on to play along side Carroll and Dogba:

Malouda,Nolan,Fabregas,Scholes or Bale?!?!?

Or should I just not bother with crouch?!?!?!

I need some advice to prove to the lads in work that my sub 500 place was not a fluke ;)

gibbo42
Wideboy
FS Record: Habitual Mini-League Runner-up

Post by gibbo42 »

Considering Crouch as an option makes that sub-500 sound rather flukey ... i'd hope there's no work colleagues also browsing! Whenever I think Tottenham strikers I slap myself around a little and remember Harry's rotation of his strikers ... just never know who'll be playing ... and who'll come on for 5 mins at the end to get you that big 1 point.

Returning to the original post (kind of) ... I know Chamakh is a big CK, but given Arsenal's depleted forward options he seems like a safer option than Crouch at the mo. Relatively friendly fixtures as well. And he meets the original poster's requirements for an Arsenal player.

That said, Fabregas/Larsson seems like a pretty reasonable option - would take that over Arshavin/Nani any day ... Arshavin is too hot & cold FPL-wise, while Nani is always a candidate for rotation under Ferguson.

Back to the most recent post ... if you're considering dropping one of
Malouda,Nolan,Fabregas,Scholes or Bale?!?!?
From a fixture perspective, i'd imagine Scholes or Bale would be the best choice. One consideration would be when did you buy Scholes/Bale, and how much cash will you pick up on them at this stage?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”