To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Morten Gamst Pedersen

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Best Midfielder for around 8.0

Poll ended at 27 Sep 2007, 02:12

Elano
10%
Gamst Pedersen
17%
Essien
74%

Total votes: 42

LazarusNZ
Wideboy

Morten Gamst Pedersen

Post by LazarusNZ »

What's wrong with MGP?

OK, he's provided 2 assists this year which is encouraging, but his points are low-ish and he's dropping in value (now 7.8). I want to keep faith as after this gameweek, Blackburn have some good fixtures. But is there something happening that is limiting his impact? Is he playing in a different position? different role? unfit?

He is a player with great FF potential, but I'm thinking of selling him for Elano or Essien as these 2 are just safer.
Some say that the best predictor of future performance is past performance, however I haven't seen him play at all this year apart from a couple of highlights.

What are your views?

*Monkey Magic*
Red & Blue Braces

Post by *Monkey Magic* »

Oddly, the start to last season was the same for MGP. His price plummeted and form dropped until later in the season when he started to produce the goods.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Blackburn's first 6 weeks this season have included playing Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and an in form Man City.
So it could just be a blip and as you say, with a good run of fixtures MGP might start pulling out the points.

I'd say stay faithful with Mr MGP! (or just buy Bentley instead for a player who's cheaper and is a similar performer points wise :-) )

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

Bear in mind that BR have missed one game and that McCarthy has been injured and Santa Cruz bedding in, plus all that MM has to say.
MGP's time may well be nigh.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

I'm considering putting Pedersen in this week. :D

It was this weekend last year he burst into life with 16 points, and BLA do have a nice run of fixtures. And now MGP's down to 7.8, tempting...

Maybe I'm mad, or just rubbish this season... :roll:

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
Location: Having a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Post by fancy dan »

No votes for Elano? He's the highest scoring out of the 3 options so far, playing (I believe) as a second striker with a good run of fixtures coming up.

squealy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 08/09 - 3692, FPL 07/08 - 667, FPL 06/07 - 5992, FPL 05/06 - 108

Post by squealy »

*Monkey Magic* wrote:It's also worth bearing in mind that Blackburn's first 6 weeks this season have included playing Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and an in form Man City....)
As we speak Blackburn are being beaten 2-0 by the mighty Larissa FC. :roll:

nemo
FISOhead
FS Record: 52nd in FPL 2005-06

Post by nemo »

I think MGP is a good shout - 2 assists is not that bad a return considering BR's early run off fixtures. Also he's probably off the radar of many managers, which means that if he does well then his points are even more valuable in terms of GW ranking.
Maybe we should keep quiet about him? :wink:

T Bone
Kevin and Perry

Post by T Bone »

MGP scores in bunches. The second you take him out, he will score boat loads. I know this from experience. :oops:

I say be patient with Blackburn's good run of games coming up.

LazarusNZ
Wideboy

Post by LazarusNZ »

hmm...some reassuring comments based on sound reason...ok, I'll hold onto him for now. And even if he does do badly in the next few weeks, I don't think I'll mind too much because it was a calculated risk worth taking

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

Essien for me, despite feeling Chelsea will suffer from Morinho`s departure, they will still be in the top 3, and that leaves a lot to beat, a player of Essiens stature will thrive with a new challenge ahead, and imo this makes him a better pick, post Morinho.

todrex
Wideboy

Post by todrex »

favourite shows, eh? well, I can't see any image, but it would have to be either (c)larissa explains it all or the actress from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxgSzraJQAI (worst song ever warning)

anyway, MGP is my most featured player across several competitions, and some of the chances he's missing are shocking. The sun panel clearly hate him too :evil: however, blackburns schedule looks a little tastier soon, so i won't jump the gun on him. i did so with michael johnson the weekend he scored just there.

todrex
Wideboy

Post by todrex »

haha, best show ever. who loves morten gamst pedersen? t-t-t-t-todrex loves morten gamst pedersen. is it truuueeee?? mmmmm-hmmm. i do i do i doooo-oooo.

:lol:

Gravesy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gravesy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiDDtDslrXQ

Doug wins!

I'm waiting for MGP to have a good week and am then bringing him in. As someone else said, he goes in spits and spurts.

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
Location: Having a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Post by fancy dan »

It's not often I get something right in this game, I just thought I'd bump this up and bathe in the glory... :wink:

shawpower
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shawpower »

fancy dan wrote:No votes for Elano? He's the highest scoring out of the 3 options so far, playing (I believe) as a second striker with a good run of fixtures coming up.
Just thought I'd quote your post for posterity. It was a fantastic call.

I've gone for Bentley instead of MGP from Blackburn and it is doing well for me. 8-) (have Elano as this weeks transfer so hopefully haven't missed the wagon.)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”