To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Double Gameweek - How many players have you got?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
reg
FISOhead
FS Record: 7332 overall in FPL 2005/06

Post by reg »

Unbelievable!! I had 7 players who play for teams with a double GW. For one reason or another only 5 played and scored me a massive 8 points, that included my captain :x :x

Ive slipped from 30th in the FISO league to 53rd in just 2 weeks.

And there i was thinking i had this game sussed :cry:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

I don't know about anybody elses league but it seems that the double GW has so far proved to be a bit of a damp flannel!

The leader in my league scored 3 more points than me, and still has 3 Tottingham players playing tonight. As all mine have already played once, taking into account the double GW means he only has two players less than me left to play - he has NO double GW players! Although I do have Scholes as captain.

SEOUL CREW X1 in the FISO league scored a hefty 63pts with Keane for Spurs still left to play. He has NO double GW players - even so 63pts will be hard to achieve for me (currently on 34pts).

I really need Portsmouth to beat Tottingham!

tom4nash
Dumbledore
Location: Latitude-35.8084N Longitude-78.6471W Attitude-Without A Doubt

Post by tom4nash »

{sigh} This has been frustrating so far but I've still got 6 players who have a match to play before the gameweek's over. I'm still hopeful that it'll get substantially better before it's over.

BTW- did anyone else notice that Charlton had 5 defenders get 90 minutes for their first CL since Sept 10th? Granted, it was Sunderland, but if they're going to throw that much into the backline to get the defence straightened out then it could translate into some points. Sadly, won't help me this week as I've got Powell as a second sub. :?

redrum
Grumpy Old Man
Location: for 24 years I've been living next door to Alice ...
FS Record: stuck

Post by redrum »

charlton away at wigan looks like a good match to catch this weekend.

paul_c
Wideboy

Post by paul_c »

Left Zamora on the bench and he was the only doubler who did well - 9pts so far!

I also had 0 for Repka and Carroll and had Neville as captain so desperately hoping for some clean sheets on weds!

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

Signed 2 more double gameweekers (rio and mcfadden) bringing total to 7 in an alcohol induced frenzy.

So O shakey didn't play and carroll and repka are fat zero.
Cole also sent off so FF hell.

But mcfadden hits the net and i caught another shoal of marlon.
Need capt rooney to hit the net on wed and another shoal of marlon.

The mcfadden swap was based on this link i found
http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/S ... 53,00.html

wylesy
FISOhead

Post by wylesy »

Despite having scored poorly so far im still happy i didnt fully commit myself to the double gameweek. I already had two West Ham players and merely brought in Oshea which didnt really work out but im happy i didnt get rid of RVN or Gerrard. Lamps as captain worked out ok.

I actually took a four point hit but not as a result of bringing in a Man U player....i brought in cover for gerrard for gmwk 17 and at the same time got in a sub who actually plays..killing two birds with one stone!

Just hope Oshea plays on wed and RVN scores a hat trick!!!

cherylhoney
Dumbledore

Post by cherylhoney »

The double GW has worked OKish for me, 50 points so far and five players to play again (hopefully!). I brought in 3 players for the double GW, 2 of which were in place of injured/non-starters anyway. Made Rooney my captain though so I'm hoping he'll score at least once on Wednesday to justify that!

redrum
Grumpy Old Man
Location: for 24 years I've been living next door to Alice ...
FS Record: stuck

Post by redrum »

yeah well as per the other thread "dropped a hammer" ... i was going to play king ahead of repka. following the comments on that thread and the basic rule of always playing your double-gameweekers, i buried king on the bench and went with repka .... :cry: :cry:

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Waste of b****y time and I think future double gameweeks should be banned - a poxy 46 pts in total and I had 5 players playing twice - the wrong 5.... obviously :evil:

MrSmedley
FISOhead

Post by MrSmedley »

77 for me, Rooney captain did the biz with a lot of other points from single gamers Lampard, Murphy and Pedersen (how did he manage to get 2 assists?)

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

not all double gw's are bad, but this is exactly why i started that thread a month or so ago ' double gw's - are they all they are cracked up to be?'
the first post of that is missing - must've been when the site suffered that hack/loss of data problem one friday/weekend, and the old forum can't be accessed so "pppppppllllllllllllplllllllhhhhhh" a big raspberry to exactly whatever i said in that opening post of that thread.
in essence, double gw's are still favourable, if you can accomodate them in your stride. but if you do mass tinkering to base your team around the double gw, then you might end up being disappointed, as will happen to many this gw.
1 thing must ye remember.. imho... the season's 9 months long. a team should be composed upon this basis. not a double gw, tempting as one like this weeks was.. with 4 teams having doubles, albeit only man u having an alluring fixture, and maybe west ham & everton.
i'm grateful i got through this double gw ok, pre-bonus, but could've had more by leaving reina & carra in instead of carroll & repka.
next week i've no choice though. the hammers defence will have to perform!

tom4nash
Dumbledore
Location: Latitude-35.8084N Longitude-78.6471W Attitude-Without A Doubt

Post by tom4nash »

I'm happy with the 70 I got. Hope to hit 80 when the bonuses come in.

Thank God for Rooney's brace. I've had him as captain for two weeks straight and it's paid off. With Arse and Chel$ki playing this weekend, I may make him skipper again.

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

96 Pts Yippee - The sun is shining

I'd like to thank mcfadden, Rio, capt rooney and of course Marlon for their contributions.

Who says alcohol induced double transfers are a bad thing.

But wait Andy cole suspended, stevyG away, mcfadden off crook, Ryan nelsen has a red i against him.

Looks like a 30 Pt gameweek next w-end

trigger happy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trigger happy »

sligorover wrote:96 Pts Yippee - The sun is shining
SligoRover, I have contacted the Premierleague to suggest testing your team for banned substances. 96 points is an offence.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”