To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

So captains for gameweek 15?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

My Carragher double worked last week. This week it's Rooney - I'm hoping Pompey will fall apart; I'll keep him for the double next week.

superfly
Kevin and Perry

Re: So captains for gameweek 15?

Post by superfly »

wylesy wrote:I think its going to be RVN for me unless anybody can convince me otherwise. :wink:
Not with the a must win champions league match taking place mid week.

There might be a possiblity of having a double zero if you picked him as captain??

wylesy
FISOhead

Post by wylesy »

There might be a possiblity of having a double zero if you picked him as captain??

I dont know what any of that has to do with RVN being my captain this weekend!? :?

superfly
Kevin and Perry

Post by superfly »

wylesy wrote:

I dont know what any of that has to do with RVN being my captain this weekend!? :?
United need to win the champions league match - if they don't they are out - if they finish bottom there are also out of the uefa cup - potential loss 15 million squids.

Possibility 3/4 keys players might not play today? to avoid injury?

wylesy
FISOhead

Post by wylesy »

well i guess their is that risk but that would be contrary to all reports.

wylesy
FISOhead

Post by wylesy »

so your saying ruud is going to turn up for the champs league game having not had a run out for two games...unlikely i think but we will see!

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

Lampard for me. Cue chants of 'boring, boring M-boy' :oops:

supertalpu
Treebeard

Post by supertalpu »

made a last minute change for captaincy.....had kept rob keane n changed it 2 lampard... .hope both end up scorin high

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

I bottled it from Crouch and gave it to Lamps :cry:

squealy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 08/09 - 3692, FPL 07/08 - 667, FPL 06/07 - 5992, FPL 05/06 - 108

Post by squealy »

What a bunch of bottle-merchants. :wink:

Of course I made a last minute change too - I dropped Barton to the bench and brought in Michael Gray. Lampard stays as captain.

wylesy
FISOhead

Post by wylesy »

think it might turn out that im the only one in the top 10 who has gone with RVN and taken a bit of a gamble. Its these sort of decisions which can make or break a gameweek!

Edit: Apart from our current leader UEM!

supertalpu
Treebeard

Post by supertalpu »

Jonathan wrote:I bottled it from Crouch and gave it to Lamps :cry:
ohhhhhhhhh....commiserations already......but pat urself on the back ....u still have him in ur side

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Yes! More pleased that I have him than I am bothered that I took the captaincy away. I didn't want to risk another week where it could go wrong and I feel Lamps at home today is a banker of a good points haul. Can you see my grin from there? :D

UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Post by UmExcuseMe »

As a fervent believer of the captain jinx, I'm a nervous wreck. :( What was I thinking, picking Ruud in the last second?

Of course, the captain jinx never worked on Lampard... *fingers, toes and eyes crossed*

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Oh gawd... why did I have in my mind that Chelsea were playing Portsmouth? Just not so sure Lamps will do so much against 'Boro.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

They appear to have given Crouch's first goal as an OG to Pollit the Wigan keeper.

reg
FISOhead
FS Record: 7332 overall in FPL 2005/06

Post by reg »

Jonathan wrote:Yes! More pleased that I have him than I am bothered that I took the captaincy away. I didn't want to risk another week where it could go wrong and I feel Lamps at home today is a banker of a good points haul. Can you see my grin from there? :D
Sorry Jonathan, your grin may subside a little after reading this...

BBC Sport

1506: After Peter Crouch's goal-scoring exploits it is clearly a day when anything can happen. But the Liverpool striker's tally for the season is back to one as news comes through that his first against Wigan has been credited as an own goal.

For whats its worth i still salute you for picking him in the first place !!

Edit: I see you knew already :?

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Thanks for posting though reg. Do you know who officially decides these things? I know for the sake of fantasy games goals that are later taken away still stand for the game, as do bookings etc etc but you can clearly see why Crouch thought it was his goal - the commentators gave it to him so who officlally says no?

squealy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 08/09 - 3692, FPL 07/08 - 667, FPL 06/07 - 5992, FPL 05/06 - 108

Post by squealy »

The rules on the site say the Press Association make the decisions.

reg
FISOhead

Post by reg »

I posted a little while ago about a correlation between what the beeb reports and the FF scorers.....

http://fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=797

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Well judging by the errors and misleading team news the BBC put out that is worrying! thanks again

reg
FISOhead

Post by reg »

Ok so its only 4.50 on Saturday, Man Utd are due to kick off in half an hour and there are a couple more games to come after that.

However it looks like this may be my lowest scoring GW ever. I see some others arent fairing too well either. Lamps aint scored, Henry aint scored (aint got him anyway), not even an assist between them :shock:

Plenty of goals but no-ones scored 2 and most of the scorers arent in many teams anyway (certainly not in mine).

I expect somebody will have done well this week and made big gains.

If i get 40pts i'll be happy :cry:

UmExcuseMe
Grumpy Old Chinchilla

Post by UmExcuseMe »

It's the people with the Liverpool defence that are doing well so far. I so need van Nistelrooy to score. :P

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Yes I must admit to cheering Wigan on to get a consolation.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

Surely Crouch will get an assist for the OG?

supertalpu
Treebeard

Post by supertalpu »

supertalpu wrote:made a last minute change for captaincy.....had kept rob keane n changed it 2 lampard... .hope both end up scorin high
it had 2 be....dint it

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Jonathan »

robbie keane missed a penalty

reg
FISOhead

Bad day for FISO?

Post by reg »

Looks like its been a bad day for most in the FISO league. What is strange is it seems that other leagues havent done quite as badly as us.

The other league im in (im in 3rd place, 208 teams) is nowhere near the standard of FISO, however their scores are better than ours. Leader has 57pts, 50th has 40 pts, top 50 teams scored a total of 2255 pts today. FISO ranged from 53pts to 35 pts, combined top 50 score of 2040.

Is this because we share many of the same players, and if they have a bad day, the majority of us do to....or....

Am i judging too early as we may all have players in the Sunday and Monday game?.... or

Shall i stop being so anal and go and watch the X Factor with the missus???

:roll:

MrSmedley
FISOhead

Re: Bad day for FISO?

Post by MrSmedley »

reg wrote:Looks like its been a bad day for most in the FISO league. What is strange is it seems that other leagues havent done quite as badly as us.

The other league im in (im in 3rd place, 208 teams) is nowhere near the standard of FISO, however their scores are better than ours. Leader has 57pts, 50th has 40 pts, top 50 teams scored a total of 2255 pts today. FISO ranged from 53pts to 35 pts, combined top 50 score of 2040.

Is this because we share many of the same players, and if they have a bad day, the majority of us do to....or....

Am i judging too early as we may all have players in the Sunday and Monday game?.... or

Shall i stop being so anal and go and watch the X Factor with the missus???

:roll:
I've found that good players tend to have bad weeks all at the same time too. I think if it this way - we all have roughly the same philiosophy of how the game should be played (e.g. change captain for a double gameweek etc). Most weeks it benefits us but there will be some flukes where it actually hinders us. For example when Henry score hattricks on double gameweeks, it will hinder the people paying attention (because they changed their captain) while helping those who aren't.

This week, few of the top managers so far have Lampard. But not many sane managers who visit this forum would leave him out.

FISO's bad score this week will easily be made up by many weeks where the scores are far better than everyone else :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”